Discussion » Food & Drink » ??Where in Beijing??

• Fernando Segre
    Fernando Segre wrote:

Does anybody know where to buy absynth here in beijing?

I went to many drink stores but none of them has it. Or do you know the name in chinese, it would really help~!

Cheers!!

• Joakim Lund Rangel

The stuff with herbs in it? or just the regular one? I don`t think it`s easy to find the real green stuff.

• Christopher Dame

I dont think its easy to find the real one anywhere at all..

But just the regular one is enough!

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:

Are you looking for 苦艾酒?I think its Chinese name is 苦艾酒.

haha,interesting,I never know wormwood can make wines.We boil eggs using them on Dragon Boat Festival.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

What colour is the stuff that's not real?

You can get absinthe at Jenny Lous or Sam's, which is opposite the big clubs on Workers Stadium West Road.

Absynth is a virtual synthesiser.

• Christopher Dame

Great!! Thanks a lot.

Yes, they use wormwood to make it. It used to be drinken to hallucinate but not anymore... Now it's just a very strong drink.

Is there a chinese version of it/?

@Sasuke: What are the boil eggs used for?

• Simen Wangberg

"Absynth is a virtual synthesiser."

Hehehe. Forgot about that one. Been a long time since I used it though.

Absinthe, on the other hand...hell, why bother? It tastes like black licorice and gets you drunk like any other kind of booze. I guess I just don't see the appeal. It is kinda cool when you get it in a bar and they actually serve it properly, I guess.

• Christopher Dame

Yep. But I haven't seen anywhere they serve it.

It''s a promise deal. Me and my friend we're turning 18 soon, we promised long ago we'd get drunk with every drink. Absynth looks and sounds like a must.

And is there a chinese equivalent?

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:

Fernando,I don't know if there's a Chinese version.

Boiling eggs together with wormwood,then eat them.But I don't know why.Who care? It's just our custom in my hometown.We do so only on Dragon Boat Festival.

Actually,I really like the color and taste.Egg becomes dark green,and has the taste of wormwood.

• Simen Wangberg

"Yep. But I haven't seen anywhere they serve it."

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/articles/blogs-beijing/the-beat/absinthe-minded-where-to-get-beijings-best/

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/listings/nightlife/bars/has/the-brick/

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/listings/nightlife/bars/has/school/

For starters. I can vouch for School Bar, they serve it the right way and everything. Plus that place is just cool anyway.

"And is there a chinese equivalent?"

If you drink enough baijiu, you will see shit that you wish you never saw.

• Christopher Dame

@Sasuke: Right!! Sounds.. interesting, like all the other chinese traditional stuff

HAHA Mike, no cmon.. i've had more than enough baijiu... i doesnt make you see anything. Its just a cheap way of passing out on your friend's couch..

Thanks for the articles. The Brick is the place then

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:

haha,I don't know,maybe only my place do.

Have you got your right place?Congratulations!

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Well, I popped into Sam's and they have three kinds - all from Czech and all about 350 RMB a bottle.

• Christopher Dame

The Brick has them!! Yes!

Where's Sam's??

Sasuke, what else does your place has haha sounds like an interesting place. Where are you from?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.