Discussion » Nonsense » "Flag as inappropriate"

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Can we all, as a community, make a pact to never, ever actually flag any photos as inappropriate?  It seems to me that doing such would ruin what's best about this website. Frankly, I'm sort of aghast that the option to do so even exists.

For those who don't know what I mean, this is the button you should never press, regardless of what you're looking at:

Do we have a deal?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm in.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Fair 'nuff.

But what's "inappropriate" on this website is a little different from what we'd consider inappropriate on facebook, and mostly relates to anything critical of the , images of , or any mention whatsoever of , , or unless immediately proceeded by the word "China"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

About two or three months ago, someone (either the girl herself, or someone acting on her behalf) posted a series of 400+ photos, showing a step-by-step webcam strip tease ... and speaking of anatomy ... hahahaha ...

I believe that ... Flexibility (or options) give people a chance to make mistakes ... so, if someone DOES accidently click on that, and deemed a perhaps ordinary photo as inappropriate, that would have been an overkill ... or the other hand, what Mark had said, is also a valid case ...

So we could perhaps consider a "middle ground" ... when anyone clicked on that, the WLIB guys go ask the "clicker" some questions, found a reason, then talk to the member who posted the pic ... if it is justified, then bye bye pic ... or if it is not, explain it to the "clicker" ...

Re-writing what the others had said ... no member (or members) should have the right to deem some pic as inappropriate and eliminate as such ... this is the job (sorry Pete and team) of the WLIB people ...

Q: by the way, why is this thread in "Nonsense"? People are getting lazy ... hahaha ...

• Joakim Berg Solum

If I see any pictures of penises, I'm flagging them!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@DD,

Hehe, I remember seeing hundreds of close-ups of that girl's vag, and a nasty argument between some Chinese girls in her gallery. Wonder what happened to her.

@Jon Gu,

Aw come the fuck on. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... using the argument that hackers become security experts, my guess is that Pete might have given her a job to censor inappropriate photos?

... or maybe she landed herself a filghy rich expat, and now she does not need to come here to find clients?

... or she had re-invented (or disguised) herself as another person in WLIB?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Can I have a button to flag 马克 as inappropriate? I would really have liked to see those anatomy pictures.

@ Uncle D: WHY DID YOU NOT SHOW ME THIS?!

@Jon Gu: Is that why my photo album shows up blank now?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Ming, I think it was because we were not friends then ...

Oh, I know, maybe I should create a group for sharing inappropriate photos on WLIB ... and then Pete will have a reason to end my (current) miserable life, per everyone's wishes, and then I will just return from hell as a nicer sweeter evil ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

@马克, Really, can I? That would be really cool and I would love to see it. Come on though, what's really wrong with showing something like that in a picture album? Even if it's not intended as such, it still has educational value. Sure a lot of people wouldn't take it very seriously, but I'm sure the cadaver considered that when donating his/her body to science.

The only thing I might be in favor of censoring are things that encourage people to do horrible things. Perhaps a "how to lure a woman into your van and rape her" tutorial, or videos of people torturing animals for fun should be off limits. Although It's hard to draw a line, I'm sure I wouldn't do it around body parts.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.