Discussion » Dating & Romance » DO WE EVER GET CONTENTED WITH WHAT WE HAVE?

• COOL 凉快
    COOL 凉快 wrote:
    People fall in love and at times seem to be happy. It often happens that at times they fall for their lovers friends too at the same time and never fear to show it. Your best friend loves your girl and she is ready for it behind your back. You fall for your girls friend and very greatly willing to do it.

Would you forgive your lover and do away with your friend or forgive your friend and do away with your lover? Do you discard both?

Does he or she go with a kick?

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    i can't see the pics !!!
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    I send them both to hell. If they did it now, they will probably do it again...so....
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    A girlfriend in an open relationship hooked up with the dude who used to be my best friend, but I never begrudged either of them for it, particularly because there was no deception involved. The friendship ended about a year before that, for totally unrelated reasons. It really wouldn't have made a difference the other way around.

The only thing that bothered me was the apparently malicious intention she seemed to have, but then when the two of them ended up actually getting along pretty well, it didn't bother me at all. The dude never really redeemed himself in my eyes, but I'm still pretty close with that ex-girlfriend.

That's the small town geeky hipster clusterfuck for ya. There's a very small pool of attractive freaks, and everybody's been all up in everybody else.

Which isn't all bad if you're like me and you strive to maintain the Buddhist notion of equanimity. Sitting in the eye of the drama hurricane, all cool as a Shaolin monk. Jealousy is just an illusionary impulse brought about by the commodification of human relationships, wherein people are treated as though they are private property.

Fuck that.

As long as folks are being honest, I say keep the friend, keep the girlfriend, and arrange a 3P. Everybody wins.
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    I think things happen for a reason and you just have to let the cards fall where they may. Anticipating a "betrayal" is half of the problem. Worrying about what did happen, what is happening or what could happen means you're out of alignment with yourself. All is full of love. :)
  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:
    All is full of love? no.

Stive on, Dando! jealousy is the worst shit in the world, and when it hits you like a truck you feel like a fuckin loser! the eye of the drama hurricane is the best seat in the world, but how the fuck do you get there (or stay there) with the winds of drama howling all around? I guess saying you're there is half the battle.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    It's just a matter of parsing the real sins from the inconvenient social norms. Of course I'd feel emotionally betrayed if my friends did something behind my back, I'm a brutally honest asshole, after all, and everyone knows that's the only thing I really care about. Physical betrayal? What the hell is that?

Problem is that a lot of chicks--the younger ones, especially--assume that if you don't get pissed off, you don't care. That in turn is a good way of sorting out the attention seekers.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Dando, was that why many girls here told me about their "adventures", and when I did not pay them much attention, they got pissed off instead?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I dunno, Uncle DD. I for one don't mind listening those stories if it means picking up a few clues about what a lady is into.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I was just following your "lead" ... but it's good for research purpose :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.