Discussion » Travel » Cheaper ticket from China to the USA?

• A Winona
    A Winona wrote:
    Does anyone knows how to find a cheaper ticket from China to the States?
    I've tried some . it is sooooo expensive in these month!
    maybe fly from Hong kong will be better?
    any suggestion will be greatly appreciated !!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    don't use ctrip for international flights. check united airlines and air canada websites. Also, check the Northwest airlines website. For northwest, use the Chinese website, not the English one. They have different prices.

Note that if you're Chinese you need a visa to transfer planes in Canada, even if you don't go into the terminal, and that Air canada are real assholes.

Orbitz might be able to find tickets departing from China now too.

I'm sure it's worth checking the price to fly direct from HK if you're going to a populat US destination.

Hope this helps.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Well August is a high volume month because students are all going back to start the fall semester.... It is such a ripoff. This solidifies my resentment of Airline companies... Hongkong may be better, but I doubt it... Everywhere seems to be expensive as hell just because they know they can because people absolutely need to get back for school. Fucking Vampires
  • Sophie Qin
    Sophie Qin wrote:
    @莫明,NW doesn't exsit anymore,try Delta...
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    I think Air China is really affordable? or maybe it's gotten worse since I left?
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    July is ridiculously expensive. August gets slightly cheaper but not by much.

Having said that, I don't think it's that expensive if you do transfer. I recently got a direct return to London for about 13000rmb but a return transferring in Moscow was only around 4000rmb.

I've booked twice with Elong anyway(Beijing>Seoul return and Beijing>London) return and booking with the airlines worked out marginally more expensive without the converting currency part. Probably the lazy option but I'd recommend just booking with elong.com
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am sorry that I dont travel to US, but there are a few things that you might want to consider:

1. transfer or transit

Daniel was quite right that "transfer flight" (or transit flight) is usually cheaper than direct flight ... last Oct, BJ to Sydney, I flew with Qantas, but they dont have direct flight to Sydney, so I had to change from Eastern Airlines to Qantas at Shanghai ... the ticket was about 1000 cheaper than if I chose a direct flight from BJ to Sydney with Air China ...

2. however, for direct flight, during that period, Air China was the cheapest ...

3. flying via Hong Kong

It might not always be cheaper ... over the years, we have considered going to Euopre and Taiwan for holiday and we had considered HK path, and yes, it can be cheaper for some time of the year ... but being July (summer holiday) you might be out of luck ...

4. agents vs airline

with my Qantas ticket last Oct ... I did not get it from traval agency (onine or otherwise), I actually found a promotion in the China Daily, got online to Qantas.com and booked it directly from them, though due to some issues with my credit card (I think I tried to pay using my China credit card, when I should have used the Australian credit card), I had to make payment in Jian Guo in person ...

Hope this helps ... enjoy your holiday :)
  • THIS IS A BIG IMAGE

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.