Discussion » Music » The Official WLIB Usher Ticket Giveaway

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Alright. So we finally have our Usher tickets in hand, which means that we can finally give them away.

To you!

Two pairs of tickets, four in total.

Two winners.

We played with the idea of contests, parties and other fun stuff, but they involve time and money, of which we have very little.

So...

To win a pair of tickets for the performance on Sun, July 11 at Wukesong Stadium, just send me a PM (private message) explaining why you want them so badly.

Does your life completely suck? Having a rough summer? Need an outlet?

We understand. We're empathatic! Our lives are difficult, too!

The people with the most desparate circumstances win -- it's as simple as that.

You can post in the forum below, too, but sifting through private messages is both easier for me and makes for a more honest outpouring, I think.

And don't try to lie your way to the top! The WLIB team is a smart bunch.

We'll annouce the winners on Wednesday, July 7.

Good luck!
  • anita sønsterud
    good luck
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I drunk hooked up with a fatty in Mexico, easily the equivalent of 3 typical Chinese girls. Do I win?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    No, Jon, you don't, primarily because you live in the United States.

*facepalm*

But I can give you a choice of either an Official WLIB Attention Whore Gift Certificate redeemable for a free drink at any participating location or a scrap of paper with the word "dignity" scrawled on it.

Which one do you prefer?

:)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    You don't have like... a t-shirt or something?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I really need them cause I'm desperate to get people pissed and angry at me. Since I'll be in France on the 11 and therefore will not use the tickets, I can imagine a storm of fans willing to kill me which would bring some sense back into my life.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I have another one: I'm a 26y/o virgin and I think this would help me get laid.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    If the amount of time spent browsing these forums by anyone who doesn't actually work for this website is an indication, my life certainly sucks.
    Also, I'm losing my job, and while I won't pretend I'm really sad about that, I'm considering drifting away to a far off land when my lease is up in a month, so this might be your only chance to do something nice for me.
    Also, I'm a 27 yr old virgin :-p

Jon, that's like getting laid 3 times. It doesn't get you points on the loser scale, it costs you points!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    27 ah bastard you beat me, but I'm sure you at least got a kiss from a girl once in your life, I even never had that (mothers don't count!) (and those pics on my gallery have been photoshopped, I've never actually met any of those girls).
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    >b>莫明

Only about six people actually run WLIB. In terms of columnists, we usually pick out users who are good writers and give them their own column. Since they number precisely three, your analysis is a bit off.
  • Simen Wangberg
    "Jon, that's like getting laid 3 times. It doesn't get you points on the loser scale, it costs you points!"

Yeah, see...just how fat was this gal, Jon? It couldnt've been that bad.

Y-Yeah, Yeah

Just wanted to throw that out there.
  • Amalie Sæverud
    Pete, where is my ticket? I still have the screenclip saved in my computer!

Anyway, i have the hunch i will win the ticket! just let me know in advance, does the winner will put a "loser" tag on their forehead? And their misarable story will be public posted on this forum ?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    After the winners get back from the concert, we will brand them on the ass with a scarlet letter.
  • Amalie Sæverud
    sounds nasty and excited, i'm in! you will be the executor? right? Pete? If it wasn't you, i will give my this offer a second thought! :P
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Haha Pete, I know, it's just a coincidence that the people I interact with most here all seem to have their own columns. Actually, Xavier doesn't work for you right? I guess he kills more time here than me.

You didn't address the issue at hand though. Can I have the tickets on account of I can probably think of at least one Usher song if I try hard? I don't think I could pick him out of a police lineup though, I might confuse him with Britney.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    You're all free to send me a PM... I'll filter though them this week.
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    For Usher's sake, you should give me the tickets. I can do a mean Li'l Jon impersonation, and someone has to be ready to step in during Yeah.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    @ Ethan: What?! OK!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Sorry that was an impression of Dave Chappelle doing an impression of Lil' Jon, which I guess isn't the same thing.
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    I've already got that covered, but someone's gotta be Ludacris too. Think you can handle it? Usher needs us!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    How about your grill work, Ethan? Does it stack up?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Honestly, Pete's the only one here who can rhyme, maybe he should give the tickets to himself.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Oh my god...
    Me times four
    or with chicks galore
    regardless of specifics
    or boring logistics
    I'm keeping those tickets
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    HAHA so when do we do this thing?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Do what thing?
  • Amalie Sæverud
    for the sake of forun security , girl needs a ticket!!!! Or ......
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Just enter the contest, "Moody."
  • Amalie Sæverud
    or ? i can launch a military attack, and ......
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Pete, if you can spit rhymes like that in Chinese, I'll get you a job as a host on 湖南卫视. It shouldn't be too hard, seeing as everything in Chinese rhymes anyway.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I could do a hybrid:

普通话?
    Wah!

Not now:
    发音不好
    无脑
    很无聊

我曹!
  • Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:

In college I lipsynced Fat Joe, Akon and Ludacris in homecoming performances and even one a plaque for it...just sayin there's some rythym in that whiteboy soul.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Alright!

Tough call for us to select only two winners, but we did.

Santangelo and Miss Red Head

Congratulations, guys. You convinced us that you really, really needed to go to this show. 

You can come to our office anytime after 11am to collect them:

北京市朝阳区三里屯幸福村中路锦绣园A座1902
    Jinxiuyuan Apartments, Bldg A, Room 1902
    Xinfucun Zhonglu, Sanlitun, Chaoyang

And to the rest of you, we're still giving away tickets to DJ Nu-Mark, former DJ for intelligent hip hop outfit Jurassic 5.

Enter the contest here.

Good luck!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Really, you're not at least going to share the winners' stories of desperation?

• Børge Notkevich

All I have to say is a massive THANK YOU to Peter and the WLIB team!!

• ❤Pinkbubble❤

那么多人想看二婶儿的演唱会呀?!五棵松远了点儿~

• Børge Notkevich

Thank you once again to the team for the tickets!! I started jumping up and down out side ur apartment! Could barely believe something so good would happen!

Sorry Siw.Q, my mate from Melbourne is already coming with me, hope u have luck from some good people somewhere :)

• Børge Notkevich

haha, ok babe, ur number one if my friend can't make it! lol

• Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:

Hands up in the ayer right now!

• Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:

Seriously, just had a Rocky-esque victory a moment ago. Thanks guys, much obliged and appreciated!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.