Discussion » Nonsense » Strange Dreams

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    What kind of strange things do you dream about? I just woke up and had another one of those strange recurring dreams. I don't know why but I am getting them pretty frequently now.

My most recent dream:

I was back at some college campus, trying to learn the layout of the school and whatnot. Apparently I shared a dorm room with 2 women, one of them was a white girl that I was apparently dating. I actually remember talking to her and she wanted to help me trim my fingernails or something and as we were cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to each other (while the other roommate watched), I distinctly remember telling her "You know, normally I only date Asian girls." And she replied "well, you're not now, are you?"

That part really didn't bother me. The disturbing thing is that I was supposed to take like I guess a calculus exam or something but I didn't know what day and I never went to class more than once. I was freaking out hard about it trying to just find the classroom and even if I found it, it wouldn't have done me any good because I didn't go to class nor study any of the materials.

For me, this is one of the worst and most sinking kind of feelings. I absolutely hate not being prepared for an exam. And the worst part of this type of dream is that it feels so real even after waking up. I feel like the responsibility was real and my complete disregard for it was also real and wake up thinking "god, what the hell is wrong with me? What am I gonna do?" for a good few seconds before realizing it was a dream.

Well, and I hate showing up to class in underwear but fortunately I haven't been dreaming about that since high school.

I guess this is just some repressed anxiety about starting grad school. And the white girl part... maybe repressed desire for white girls that I've been ignoring all my life in favor of dating only Chinese girl? Or something like that?
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    I often have lucid dreams where I realize I'm in a dream, and while dreaming, can imagine myself laying in my bed sleeping. The whole dream of course changes. Like one time, this Frankenstien guy was about to cut off my arm in an auditorium, but once he knew I knew I was dreaming, he said "Awwww" and walked away all sad. I also have had reoccuring dreams since I was 6 years old. So many....
  • Joakim Berg Solum

hahahahahaha, head slumped in shame and disappointment too I imagine
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Damn I sometimes dream I am in the forest and living a simple life and have to protect my home from mythical creatures.

When I was a child I had the craziest nightmares where I would actually have my eyes open and be running around the house in the dark screaming because I was running from some horrible monsters. My mom would come to comfort me, but she would get freaked out because my eyes would be open and I would be pointing at the monster in the room and clawing at her telling her it was going to kill us if we did not get out. When I would finally come too I would look at my mother and ask her, "Mom what are we doing in the living room?"
  • Rebecca Dreiling

That really sounds super creepy and awesome at the same time.

That's exactly how it was. Head slumped and walking away in total dissapointment.
  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:
    dreams!!! now here's a thread! i keep a little notebook next to my bed! and how could i not, what with the detached, talking camel heads i'm carrying through the park, and the ape girls birthing turtles with human heads in carpet cars...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    I should start dreaming soon.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.