Discussion » Travel » How long does it take to process Z visa in HK?

• Draven
    Draven wrote:
    I'm planning to apply for Z visa on monday the 28th in Hong Kong. How long does it take to process Z visa? I heard there are 3 types of service; Regular,Express and Rush. Do they have the service now? Recent Z visa applicants please give me some information, so i can plan my travel and stay in HK accordingly?

Extra information about hotels and visa process is also welcome.

Thank you
  • Simen Wangberg
    A little over a day if you opt for the rush service. The office opens early (7, I think? Maybe 8?) but you should be there at 5 or 5:30 a.m. to reserve your place in line (and there will be a line).

PM me if you want more specific info, I had to go through this bullshit a few months ago. I can recommend some spots for hostels too.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Mike (and anyone else) ... just curious ... is this done at the Xin Hua in Mongkok or Wangchai?
  • Simen Wangberg
    "is this done at the Xin Hua in Mongkok or Wangchai?"

Xinhua? Nuh uh. You go to the Chinese Foreign Ministry, son. It is in Wan Chai though, you're right about that.

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/default.htm
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I see I see ... because I got my "pass" at Xin Hua, so I thought you guys get the visa from Xin Hua too ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I dunno what Xin Hua is in this case. The place for the visa is 华润 in 湾仔. DeePauk, didn't you already post a thread about this?

You can fly to SZ on the 8am flight, get to the consulate in wanchai by 3pm or so, apply for your rush visa, and come back to pick it up at 2 pm or whenever the afternoon service opens the following day. Go back to SZ on the subway and you can catch a 7 or 8 pm flight.

If you really mess up or have bad luck though, you might get to HK too late to apply the first day, and have to stay an extra day.
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    @ 莫明, Thanks, thats a good plan, i forgot to ask about the visa processing time in my previous thread, it was about travelling to HK as it was too expensive to fly directly :S
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

My mistake ... somehow the name Xin Hua came up ... sorry ...
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    Got my Z visa, after spending 3 days in Hong Kong :) Thanks Guys
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Glad to hear it. Everything go smoothly?
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    Yeah! Just the first day, it was raining heavily and i couldn't find the visa office, after 1hr of roaming here and there, i found it :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.