• Chaton Du Nounours
    Chaton Du Nounours wrote:
    today is Father's Day, just remind u dont forget to call ur father
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Thank you Sparky ^-^
  • Neil
    Neil wrote:
    I'm going out for the day with mine.... and so is my youngest son (so that he is with his father) :)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It will be a bit difficult ... :(
  • Synne Syverstad
    Neil, good~ three boys' out ~

叮当,why ?

Astaroth , yes, u r right~ but there r some people who r really good at express their feelings, like me~ we need such a certain day to say sth~ like sb need to drink some alcohol before he speak out his thoughts~ ; )
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    A silent nod to those whose fathers have passed on. (Not me personally, but both my parents' fathers)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Sparky ... my father died of cancer in 1975 ...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Neh most important is "Not a Father's day"
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Sorry to hear that uncle D.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Thanks ... the first few years were "confusing", adding to it all the growing up thing, but after a while, one had to "settle" and face the reality ... and after 30 years, the scar is there, but the wound is healed ...
  • Synne Syverstad
    叮当,so sorry...
    hmm, time is the best medicine...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Damn dude, that would put you at only 9 or 10 years old. What a tragedy. Stuff like that you never really think about when it doesn't happen to you.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Thanks Sparky ... the two really sad parts:

(1) how my mother struggled to bring up two kids ... which was one reason I hesitated to get married ... and even now, I keep reminding my wife that I am a timebomb ...

(2) I dont have much of a memory of my father, and I had to find out from my mother and relatives etc ... and as far as I know, I look about 90% like him and he always helped people, so I tried to imitate that most of my life ...

Jon ... yeah, I was about 9 ... more "interesting", my grandfather (my dad's dad) died the year before that, and I had a car accident the year after that, and the idea that I was a goner crossed my mind a few times ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Well, if nothing else, it sounds like you are a man who truly believes in the benefit of the product he sells.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it is supposed to be a happy day, so let's not ruin it any further ... when I write my own biography (part of my WLIB retirement plan), you can all know more about it ...

Peter B is a father ... right? So HFD to him ... anyone else?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hm, good point. But I think on this forum, most of the happy wishes are gonna be going upstream, not downstream.

Got some stories too, but you are right, not really the time or place to share those.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Ahhh...Jon, can you code a script for this website that it can filter off irrelevant info, and have only key words left? and users can choose to turn on/off the script as Yahoo's "safe search" botton.

Such a script works like, umm...for example, input: @#$@!$, output: "he always helped people, so I tried to imitate that most of my life", so if I turn it on, I'll only see the quoted words on my screen~

---------------------------------------------------
    突然变得诚恳的分割线

Happy Fathers' Day to all fathers, and a silence nod to those whose fathers have passed on. SINCERELY
  • Synne Syverstad
    hmm...really sad...
    I had so many conflicts with my father over all these years... but things become better since I got into Uni,we spend much less time together. and I grow up, have more patience and understanding. while he gets old, not that easy to lose his temper~
    just called him, he took the Father's Day yesterday, said he was waiting for my message whole day and disappointed~ afraid I forget him~
    haha~I was waiting for another man's message for the whole day and afraid he forget me... c'est la vie~
    Father, maybe the only man in the world who always afraid u may forget him , but u never need to worry he may forget you....
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Yes, I am a father. Talked to my son last night, and he wished me a happy Fathers Day. It was nice.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Pete ... congrats :)
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I though is next week ...
    thanks for reminding,I will give my baba a call today,hope he will feel good =)
  • Synne Syverstad
    peter, u r so happy~congrats~

glad my reminding works~

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.