Discussion » Music » Crank up the SPL

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    Just got one of these contraptions:

C-Moy Headphone Amplifier with a BassBoost feature... guys build these things at home with a PCB and some cheap circuitry and stick em inside Altoids mint tins... fucking awesome. Really cranks up the volume without increasing distortion coming out of my laptop and makes those lossless FLAC music files sound so much better.

I really need better headphones though. Sennheiser HD280's right now but thinking of switching to Grado SR325i's... it seems like that is the best choice for Rock oriented headphone under $400
  • Simen Wangberg
    Holy shit...that is badass. Just wanted to throw that out there.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    This may have been a bad idea. This is surely going to make my tinnitus worse... surprisingly, I don't feel much fatigue listening to music at very high volumes but I do get ringing in my ears afterwards. But you know... you just can't appreciate music at low volumes. Stuff just doesn't sound right.
  • Simen Wangberg
    "But you know... you just can't appreciate music at low volumes. Stuff just doesn't sound right. "

I fully endorse this statement

however

yeah, constant high-volume listening through headphones will slay your hearing, no doubt. Dunno what your living situation is like, but I often run my computer out to my guitar amp and listen that way, nice and loud + all the sound isn't concentrated right next to my eardrum.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.