Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Rules of fashion ???

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Turn off your positivist and marxist prejudices that say you that the mode is nothing more than apparence, vanity, a capitalism illnes, bla bla ...

we can look for the rules of fashion, here go 7

1) no additive property, the sum of fashion things does not guarantee a fashion result. in fact the key of fashion is Combine, not Sum.

wear pretty sport clothes with pretty high heels is not fashion result.

2) follow the mode and be a kind of ad-man is not the same. Wear a lot of clothes with big brand´s icons is not fashion, maybe only show your purchasing power.

A bag with the icon of the brand very big, you pay and also you do publicity for them
    ?_?

3) black and white always combine good, but not white socks with formal shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! puaj puaj

4) trousers always under navel, never up, do you want be Obelix?

5) A fashion thing begins to die when that thing begins to be used massively, when all people wear the same thing, when even kids and your grandparents have one of those fashionable things.

for example the glasses in the style of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's are a good example. you can change the colour, white, pink, red whatever you want, but that thing is dead.

6) Exotic things are always susceptible to becoming fashionable. If you travel out of your country, import exotic clothes.

the cut mandarin collar shirts, is always chic (out of China)

7) there is a kind of clothes that you only can wear in party. for example party high heels (fucking shining) can blind the people if you wear in the day.

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    This is a full lecture. You would have asked for tuition fee Mr.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    with your name you should put at least one rule more :P
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @Adolfo
    1 Never buy because a friend bought.
    2 Mind about your hight. Many cloths will look good depending on the hight.
    3 With a neck tie on, make sure it does not run below the belt.
    4 Black shoes will match many colors of trousers than any other color.
    4 When not so sure of the color of a trouser to match the color of a shirt, then wear a black trouser.
    5 Avoid too many contrasting colors, you will look like a clown or Christmas tree.
    6 Ladies should avoid short skirts or madona pants if the legs are begging, have rickets or full of scars.
    7 With a very slim body, avoid wearing "Just Fitting" that is the men.
    8 Girls with good big pointed BOOBS, let them peep a little. It does not mean that i enjoy looking at them, but they get some fresh air. Though the former is much more the reason.
    9 Ladies should avoid wearing tight skirts or dresses with a mother's union knicker that has a big edge line. It looks bad when it forms lines on the skirt outside.
    10 Very high heeled shoes for ladies will make the calf hard like that of a footballer. Avoid them.

COOL FASHION PARLOR.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @Fries
    Do you have a lump in your throat? You seem so envious about the thread yet you keep here on the same thread. Anyway, i enjoy your comments.
  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:
    莫奕迅,
    Decent list, but you must be careful with #4. If you feel really really comfortable in your clothes, you probably look like shit, i.e. sports clothes.

#8 is the true tragedy of chinese clothes markets like yaxiu. I remember looking for a simple sweater this winter, and found nothing that did not have a big stupid logo right on the front. It's basically impossible to find cool clothes in stores here. You have to go to a tailor, and even then it can still be a struggle. Only choice is to load up during visits to the US.

And i disagree about the Audrey Hepburn glasses. Never dead.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Apart from the big logos, some have very colorful sparkling pictures and designs that reflect at night.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    @柯南. Looking her..... mmm ye, u have reason :P

subir imagenes

subir imagenes

@COOL thanks
    10 Very high heeled shoes for ladies will make the calf hard like that of a footballer. Avoid them

during some weeks i have been trying to understand how the most of chinese women have these defined calfs. I thought that maybe for ride bikes, but bikes is for cuadriceps, now i know the truth XD

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    By the way Mr Adolfo, what do you make of the big glass rims that do not have glasses in them that girls wear. To me they look like an owl that has been drowned in water.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    ?_? still my eyes haven´t seen this kind of glasses Mr. Cool
    I will check in google
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahahhaa, they are not in google Sir Mr Adolfo, just stand on the streets of our beloved Beijing city. Get to the Village. Hardly will you have stood for two minutes when one passes by. I ask thee of this, give her a good bite on her lips. Thanks for accepting.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    George Simmel (german sociologist S.XIX) in his essay -Philosophy of Mode-
    talk about this since the point of view of his dualism to understand the society and psychology. (My words didn´t do justice, ok?)

-think in the nineteenth s suit-
    A new suit gives uniformity, it molds the man, he does like others men in suit, our composure is determined by the new suit. After some time, the relation is inverted, in the old suit we have put our form, for this reason we feel comfrtable. All this represent the social conflict between homogeneity and individualism. Tensions between individual and group.

in any case, when he wrote this in the age of corset, comodity wasn´t fasionable, is the time of Mr. Murdstone and his firmness. In that time you show your rectitude moral in your clothes, now the fasionable value is comfort, the persons of the modern times need have freedom of movement in their heads and their clothes to cope with the era of uncertainty (?_?) i think that 莫奕迅 has a point here. but also 柯南 has a point, fashonable clothes needs to give you a form, needs to do you diferent from the others, belong to a group. on in other way, comfort in a current value in fashion, but not old things.... the old ripped jeans are from 90 :p
  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:
    We all know the saying "fashion is pain" and we all like to suffer to look good

not sure I quite rise to this level to qualify for the "bizarrely interested in clothes" category.

maybe I can take your place in the "bizarrely conceited" category, i.e. if I'm wearing it, it's hot!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.