• Vincent AKA 文森特
    Vincent AKA 文森特 wrote:
    This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I'm not surprised.

How can I get in on this?
  • Erik Aleksander Aas

I don't know hey. You could declare war on Afghanistan under the pretense of whatever reason.

My guess is that Bin Laden does indeed bear responsibility for the horrible deeds of September 11. But wars should not be started on the basis of my, or anybody else's, guess.

"A decent respect to the opinions of mankind," said YOUR Declaration of Independence, required a public statement of the causes which impelled the American colonists to a war of independence. Likewise, a decent respect for the opinion of the international community would require that before any action evidence of responsibility be presented.

Some might be satisfied with the evidence, but many others including myself may not be.

But that's a tale for another day. Like your humor, but sincerely interested in your intellectual opinion.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Well, I'm a realist in terms of foreign policy.

The status quo won't change anytime soon and still think that America does more good, all in all, for the international community than harm.

Examples include AIDS funding on the African continent, disaster relief, funding of non-profits, et cetera.

I try not to discuss foreign policy on this website because a.) It's like banging my head against the wall (i.e.; debating amateurs when I studied International Relations in University with some of the top political thinkers in the world); b.) I should try to be neutral (i.e.; setting a good example for the community) and c.) I don't have time for it.

That's not to say that you are an amateur. In fact, you seem like one of the most reasonable active forum users. You'll have to buy me a drink sometime if you want to know what I think ;)
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Good points guys. It does not matter what we think because the US Government has exhibited that it will do whatever it wants to do to defend against what it sees as direct threats to blah blah blah blah...... It is the status quo, but that does not make it right.

No matter how much good you do you cannot do bad shit and still expect to be seen as good... Like a man who builds fences, gives to the poor, carves boats, etc.... people may call him a fence builder, a giver, or a boat carver, but if he sucks one dick he becomes a dick sucker.... and from then on he is forever known as a dick sucker.

I expect the international community to somehow stand up and support what is right in the face of whatever consequences may come. It is too bad the UN is powerless when it comes to the USA. Sooner or later people will get tired of this. The consequences may not be immediate, but they will be unavoidable.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Fortunately beer is cheap in China. Problem is, given your liver condition, I don't want to be held responsible for your demise. However, a cup of tea sometime would be a small price to pay for a peak at your medulla oblongata ; )
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Vincent, you can buy me a drink too. ;) Except, I'll discuss eastern philosophy.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Tea it is, Vincent.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Oh Rebecca, you such a flirt. Eastern Philosophy and drinks, sounds intense - with any luck, this time round your drunken story might have an interesting ending ; )
  • Rebecca Dreiling

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.