Discussion » Nonsense » VUVUZELAS!!!

• Corleone
    Corleone wrote:
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Synne Syverstad
    that can always remind me of Maksim's piano piece "Flight of the Bumble Bee"
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    People are already apparently growing a bit weary of those "cheap and useless plastic horns" according to this AP Report.

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    thats the sound of an elephant.......African Horn.....if u cant handle it.. SWALLOW A BLADE.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    John Leicester is a whining little bitch. Some people make it their life's goal to always find something to complain about. We not at Wembley, this is Africa!!

Embrace it, like the Germans did and maybe England will eventually start playing football!!

http://www.kickoff.com/2010/news/15951/germans-train-to-sound-of-vuvuzelas.php

• Erik Aleksander Aas
    Oh, he's Scottish. Wonder if he likes the sound of bagpipes, damn piper!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    So, vuvuzelas aren't present at every World Cup?

Does each host nation create their own noisemaker? Is it decided by committee?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I guess it is called cultural acceptance.... Annoying after a while, but thats only because there are always about 10,000 people blowing them at any one time. Perhaps they should have thought twice before giving 50,000 people horns to blow in a round stadium that will echo during an international sporting event, but oh well.... I guess it is something special about the South Africa World Cup! I say embrace it.... Elephants are watching.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    This is complete bullshit. Instead of having some awesome african chants and drums, we got this shitty plastic horn? We can't even hear the people singing.

Seriously, people need to stop that. it's completely destroying the ambiance.

In b4 someone says "LOL U RACIST U DONT RESPECT AFRICA AND OUR HISTORY", if your history is just pissing off people by using plastic horns, you've clearly got a problem.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    @Aurelien,
    The ancestor of the vuvuzela is said to be the kudu horn - ixilongo in isiXhosa, mhalamhala in Tshivenda - blown to summon African villagers to meetings. Later versions were made of tin. Plastic is used cause we don't kill our animals merely for horns. If you knew a little about African culture you'd know that Africa is not all about chants and drums!

A similar instrument (known as corneta in Brazil and other Latin American countries) is used by football fans in South America.

Take a look at who blows the "plastic horns" next time you watch the games. 90% are foreign fans. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone shares your view. This is unique to Southern African soccer. Do you think everyone likes your stupid chants and songs, yet we accept and embrace it.
    Always complaining when something is different. China this China that, Africa this, Africa that. After all, isn't the world cup primarily about football? If you want to hear singing, be nice to Pete - rumor has it he's giving away free Usher tickets.

Why do you have to bring race into this? You are clearly the one with the problem.

And just for kicks, piss off you French frog!
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    I think the vuvuzelas are awesome. It's like a theme noise for the whole event. Walking around Beijing social areas at night, you can hear them emanating from the bars playing the World Cup, which creates a certain energetic ambiance. The South Africans are making a sound the entire world is hearing all at once, broadcast to every street corner on earth. I like the spirit of it.

Then again, I'm an American and I don't give a flying shit about soccer.
  • Donn Abel
    Donn Abel wrote:
    i played the vuvuzela since i was young,i watched kaizer chiefs and Orlando pirates and all fans have vuvuzela, all nations have their culture. so if u dnt like it swallow the blade.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Interesting history. Thanks, Vincent.

And is "swallow the blade" some new slang that all of the kids are saying nowadays?

I'm totally going to purchase a vuvuzela tomorrow and write a song to go with it called "Swallow the Blade."
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    @ Aurelien

FERMES LA !!! L'afrique n'a pas besoin de ton choix pour creer l'ambiance autour d'elle .. Ceux qui ne veulent pas de ce son, eh Ben qu'ils quittent le mondial, c'est simple !
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    sounds like a billion flies buzzing in the TV. they have to forbid that, I can`t fully enjoy watching matches because of that shitty background noise.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    @Alban
    Encore faut-il écrire en Français CORRECTEMENT.

If you guys can't understand that a giant swarm of bees-like sound is annoying as fuck and destroy the ambiance instead of create one, well, nothing. You obviously never went to a real football match.

Mainly the foreigners doing it? Well, when there's only like 10 000 foreigners in the stadium and more than 30 000 S. Africans doing it, I'm not sure of your "90% of the foreigner do it". It'd need a hell lot more of people to have this nonstop sound.

The coaches, players and so many fans are complaining about it, because people start playing it from 6 in the morning and they can't sleep, or talk about the in-game strategy. You need to stop this HERP A DERP LOOK AT ME IM PLAYING A HORN LOL SO FUNNEY IT MAKES SOUND LOL XD!!!

You guys are making the worst World cup in History.
    Well, at least you wont have it anymore because everybody will know what will happen if we give it to you once again. Enjoy it while it lasts.

When u see people dancing and singing on the screen, and all you hear is : BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, it's kinda sad.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    actually, when I`m watching games at home (CCTV) i`m muting the sound because the BZZZ is driving me crazy.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    @ Aurelien

Corriges mon Francais d'abord, et on pourra se mesurer a l'anglais..
    tu n'es qu'un complexé qui cherche toujours a ouvrir la bouche meme si c'est pour emettre une connerie...
    La coupe du monde est -elle la propriete de ton pere ? est -elle francaise ?
    Tu n'as pas honte ?
    La coupe ? France ne va pas l'organiser avant un autre pays Africain, et ce sont les Africains qui ont fait de la France une Championne en Europe et au Mondial..
    donc FERMES LA !!! vous devez bcp aux Africains... ne me fais pas parler okay ?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    >coming from a french guy that should not suprise me ``You guys are making the worst World cup in History. `` do u think the world cup 1998 in france was the best one pfffff
    Where did I say France made the best one in history? Stop masturbating mentally, bro. I don't give a damn about France 98.

>criticizing and talking too much thas the only things french people can do.
    Sure thing, but the thing we criticize the most is France itself, and the government. Try again.

>are u watching the match or listening to the noise made by the fans?
    Trying to enjoy the match, FUCKING TRYING.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Alban, can you actually understand French? It seems like you just read, and write about what I just said, except the fact that it's not what I wrote at ALL?

Stop being butthurt.

Also,
    >"La coupe ? France ne va pas l'organiser avant un autre pays Africain, et ce sont les Africains qui ont fait de la France une Championne en Europe et au Mondial.."
    Trezeguet is French from argentinian descent. Sure is african in here. And the whole french team was FRENCH. That's how they could play for the FRENCH NATIONAL TEAM. Understood?
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    See How stupid U are !!! All people who speak French are from France??
    I wouldn't hide to be French if I were but fortunately am not ....
    You can't play tough .. better stop , it's awkward.....
    What you know is " Putain de merde, fils de pute etc....

WARNING : " u can't make it here, back off while it still timely
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Once again, you understood NOTHING about what I wrote, man.
    I said the whole French national team is French. If they were from Russia, USA or England, they'd be playing for them, not for France. If you're born in France, or From French parents, then you're French. Is it THAT hard to understand?

Warning : Yeah, seems I can't make it because you're too narrow minded to accept or see the truth.

Don't bother replying if you don't have any arguments, that's okay.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    Patrick Evra, Viera, Claude Makelele, etc... were they born in France? Do they have French parents? , they became French because France needed them by all means necessary..
    Back to the topic, if u don't like the sound, lady stop whining go for Opera instead, world cup goes with culture elements... it's a globalized world, so do not expect people to do what you've learned at home next to ya mom, get more inclusive and learn to accept and diversify... You will never be right in this stance, Never !!!

and remember that U are being Stupid
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    @Aurelien,
    Bla, Bla, Bla - give it a rest already! Judging by the way the French are playing you NOT gonna enjoy the world cup anyway. Use the mute function on your remote.

BTW anyone know why the French celebrated their World Cup win in 1998 so wildly? It was their first time they won anything without the help of the U.S!!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    yeah yeah Pete swallow the blade mean swallow the shaving razor...if u swallow it its gonna cut ur throat and ur intestines and u will die......
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    @Vincent

Cool arguments man.

>Speak about football
    >Mention the USA
    >Whatthefuckiamreading.jpg

And
    >Try to look cool by bashing the french
    >Don't know that without France, there would be no USA nowadays
    >Don't know that the Statue of Liberty is French
    >Still believes in cliches
    So is the history of the vuvuzela pretty much everything you learn at school there? Well, enjoy your education, then.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    back to the subject; I just posted an article in the frontpage
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    @Aurelien,
    The Statue of Liberty would never work in France bro, it's only got one hand up! hahaha!

Cool down, relax - just a bit of trash talking.
  • Joachim D. Jensen
    what is this i dont even BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Tor Martin Simonsen
    So U gotta BZZZZZZZ now cuz u the one who brought this, speak it out !
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    FIFA president backs vuvuzela tradition
    June 14, 2010

Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- FIFA has a message for all those vuvuzela haters: Buzz off.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5284052/ce/us/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-bucks-criticism-vuvuzela-hum?cc=4716&ver=global

[My favorite part of the article -- after discussing how a lot of the complaints are somewhat mild, it had this paragraph:

"In France, there's big, big noise about it. Viewers are completely mad by it," said Philippe Kaufmann, head of production for sport for TF1. "It's very difficult to hear this permanent noise."

Hahaha! The French really are whiny bastards, aren't they? Complaining more than anyone else in the world about these silly horns. For god's sake France, just relax.]
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I just accidentally the whole vuvuzela.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    I get so amazed by how people's thinking gets shallow all day. Each country has its culture and way of behaviour. If you are a mere foreigner, you either do with the culture or leave. FIFA was not foolish to allow VUVUZELAS in the stadiums. It is actually useless to debate that here because you can never stop the VUVUZELAS down there. Just hung if you hate them. It is poor technology that the commentators can not filter background noise. Actually many did not want it to be in Africa now they feel envious.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

THE AFRICAN WORLD CUP WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR THE VUVUZELAS.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Actually the foreign fans have liked the VUVUZELA so much that they blow it even more than the Africans. It is just crooks else where that are complaining.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    Viewers in Norway is equally pissed off mad about the noise. It`s all over the news how the people are demanding that the TV channels find a way to filter away the noise.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Well, they I can all just suck...I mean blow my vuvuzela!!!
  • Sylvia Siyuan Shen
    theyr annoying
  • Daniel Westerberg
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Annoying? :D
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    HAHA this is great!!! I know it sucks to have to get used to the sound that we are not used to, but can't we just deal with it? Can you imagine how memorable this world cup will be?

Oh check out how the US Government has developed sound instruments as weapons of torture and war.... I thought this may be interesting to know how sound can really make people crazy....

She
    went on to describe
    the Americao
    Technology
    Coryoration's
    development
    beginning
    some
    ten years
    ago ofthe Long Range
    Acoustic Device, or LRAD, a w€apon
    "capable
    of
    projecting
    a 'strip ofsound' (15 to 30 inches
    wide) at an average
    of 120 dB (maxing at
    l5l dB) that will be intelligible for 500 to 1,000
    meters
    (dep€nding
    on which model you
    buy), the LRAD is desigred
    to hail ships,
    issue
    battlefield or clowd-contuol
    commands,
    or direct an "attention-getting
    and
    highly initating detenent
    tone for behavior
    modification." (http://www.atasd.com)
    Wielded by the 36lst Psyops company,
    the LRAD was deployed
    'brepare
    the
    battleficld" in the siege
    of Falluja in November
    of2004. The device
    was armed
    with
    Metallica's
    "Hells'Bells"
    and
    "Shoot
    to Thrill."
  • Notoro Kawabata
    well, its kind of tradition but is not spectacular like the mexico 86 wave...

the best world cup ad in argentina this year talk about these...supporter traditions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTWe1xLbPRo
  • xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx wrote:
    never really noticed them until i ran into an article this morning. why should they be banned??, I wonder if a "LAOWAI" would complain about firecrackers during the spring festival in China.
    I think its part of their culture, but they distract players, they SHOULD definitely be banned, if not then people should adapt. When in Rome, do as Romans
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    I wouldn`t mind the noise if it was the local Premier African league. But this is a world event, and hundreds of millions is watching this in all over the world. Now I don`t know how this sounds like in the stadium, but the TV broadcastings are ruined.

And it`s so much more singing and dancing and instruments from the African culture that I rather see and -hear- than this stupid plastic trumpets.
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    it was difficult to begin with, i did feel as though i had a swarm of flies inside my head eating my thoughts....

but now i'm kinda getting use to it... i'm not sure if i like it, or my mind is just editing it out... i'll let you know

but hey, the world cup is ace !

• Undermoonlight
    Is there any advanced db reduction devices which can keep the noise in a reasonable range? I acutally got dizzy while watching the TV broadcasts~especially, in the sleepy midnigt~
  • Undermoonlight
    If I turn down the TV, I can't hear what the announcers are saying~~
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahahha, i just did not know that many people do not watch soccer on screen but just listen to the radios. If you really watch soccer, can't you make your own judgement about what you see? The commentators are humans like you. They are not gods that they always make the best analysis of what happens. Just watch and make your own analysis of the match. Mexico is remembered for the wave, South Africa will be remembered for its VUVUZELA. And i have just read that the Brazilians intend to have them even worse than we hear now. GO VUVUZELA . It might suck, but have nothing to do. Just get to your own house andf play your own soccer without VUVUZELA. learn to make your own conclusions about the matches and do not relay on the commentators.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Someone talked about the whole world watching. Funny, who knows you? Who knows that you are even complaining about the VUVUZELA? FIFA said it was so right for the VUVUZELA in the stadiums. The people in the stadiums are enjoying and one person is so pissed up down here! Hahahhahaha.
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Yasir A.J
    Yasir A.J wrote:
    duno why u guys r talkin bout it and its not in beijing!!
    Thats Africa !! fufuzelas make a normal sound maybe there!!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    HAPPY NOW?

By Matt Monaghan
    15 Jun 2010 16:35:00
    Photo Gallery Zoom
    Vuvuzelas at World Cup 2010 (Getty Images)
    Related Links
    The BBC are considering a "red button service" to enable television viewers to drown out the noise from vuvuzelas at World Cup 2010 after receiving more than 500 complaints.

Debate has raged about the plastic horns since the tournament began. A minority of viewers have argued the sound from the traditional instrument is drowning out commentary and distracted them during matches.

With 545 complaints received, the broadcaster has stated it is looking in to alternatives to appease people who are upset with the current service. One such option is to strip away much of the atmosphere from the ground and leave just the pundits to talk.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Using the red button service is only one of the options that we're considering. A decision will be made later in the week."
  • №❶ Passioη
    honestly that sound also annoys me... especially used by a bunch of asshole who have no understanding or consideration for courtesy - but I paused for thoughts I was in propaganda 2 nights ago, the songs (or best described as persistent noise at its loudest) almost exploded my ears... that's the place "civilised people" don't mind buying drinks to stay within... Ass... So?

If you never bought a ticket or moved all the way to SA motivated by your love for football, you have no right to complain. More so, you have the right to shut-up and watch the screen like everyone else.

Happy Dragon Boat Fest!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I don't understand this attitude of "you have no right to complain."

Why not?

If one is a lifelong football fan who feels as if their enjoyment of the Games is being hindered by these unsophisticated, lowbrow forms of sonic torture, then they have every right to bitch, complain and let their opinion be heard.

Football and the World Cup are international. They are institutions. You don't ask fans to "sit this one out" and stop complaining until, well, when? Until they get to host the Games?

Get real. And welcome to the international community where discussions and debates are not simply ended with "go fuck yourself" or "go play your own soccer."

Ignorant.

I recognize the rich history behind the vuvuzela, but its spawn -- this plastic object that does not vary in pitch, requires no skill to play and sounds like an insect swarm -- should be universally reviled and not blindly defended by nationalists with their inchoate mumblings.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I want to blow Vuvuzela for North Korea! Finally find a team to fully support!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Whatever the case, things more annoying have happened before. This is a complaint because it is in Africa. But hahahhahaha, VUVUZELA will live on up to the end. FIFA was not stupid to allow them. When it comes to your continent, just sit down and watch the games. At the moment, like i said, learn to make your own interpretations and analysis of the games. People should not be as ignorant to think they should under look a culture of another people.
    NO WAY. VUVUZELA VUVUZELA, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    >PPG is for civilized people

wtfamireading.jpg
  • Undermoonlight
    Cool:
    Commentators (announcers) give you many background information, such as names of some unfamiliar players, stories about the past events, etc...Most of us are no experts, just some second-rate fans, buddy~~Try not to be so COOL~~
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    What a FUCK is Premier African league???? and What a fuck is African Culture?

U Ignorant Bitches
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I think you had better start taking anti-rage medication, Abisai. But we absolutely adore your outbursts.

Premier Soccer League.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Premier Soccer League is not Premier African League....
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    You knew what he meant, or at least I did.
  • anita sønsterud
    fuck off,asshole!!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    fuck you
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    @ Virgo, do not fuck, keep virgin... Let 'em fuck !
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Well Mr Abisai does have a point when he asks, "What is African culture?" Africa is a continent with many countries, so to assume they all have the same culture is absurd. I am also guilty for alluding to African culture earlier in another post.

But it can also be taken another way Abisai...... Perhaps what people mean by African culture is actually a culture that actually exists on the African continent. A Kenyan culture is also an African culture correct?

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    kenyan culture is one of the African Cultures
  • anita sønsterud
    alban:I'm not a virgin.
    @Mathew abisai:if you don't know what I'm talking about then do not chat up!!!!

fick dich!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    why the fuck are u mentioning my name?
  • anita sønsterud
    you said fuck you after i said fuck off
    who knows what you mean
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    @ Virgo
    Point out ya target Missy !, if U have any in here, ... do not just fire it like a lost bullet...
    or maybe U just volunteering for a free insult session ?

@ Pete , I made a good gift your U about Vuvuzelas, but deleted it inadvertantly and was too sleepy to resume again... let's follow up how this gonna develop..
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    sorry u made another mistake again. i have no reason to insult u..it wasnt for u .
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Abisai and Virgo you really make a good couple in here. Do you mind if i took both of you out to have dinner today. I am not coming with my VUVUZELA.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    im not interested in her sorry mr. Cool.....lets just blow the vuvuzelas for england tommorrow
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    annoying stuff, hope players don't develop brain tumors cause of them...
    what happened to the old good drums...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @Pablo,
    Do you mean to say the VUVUZELAS are the ones that made Spain loose to the Swizz?

@Abisai,
    We need to add the African long drums to the VUVUZELAS. It would make great beautiful sound in the stadiums down home.
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    @COOL,
    I don't know...I'm happy they lost no matter the reasons...now there is a chance we finish first and won't have to play against Brazil in the first elimination game!! xD
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    hahahhahahaha, being coward? You are rated highly, why fear Brazil? But Spain has many injury concerns that might cost them in the second phase no matter which team they meet. The mid field was not delivering as expected. They seemed tired.
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    Because we are both south American, we play against them every year...we always loose. Now they have been playing poorly lately, and we have a really good team now, but i would like to postpone the match as much as possible hahahahaha...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahahhahhahahaaaa, very funny Mr Pablo. Pray that your team meets teams that play football but not kick the ball like the Swizz did. That is what spoiled everything. The Swizz did not have any formula. But all in all, Spain needs to pull up so so much. It might end up like France in Korea and Japan. It had all the top scores and was humiliated by Senegal of all countries in their first match. They ended up loosing all games without even scoring a goal. Pray this fate does not end up with Spain.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @ Above,
    The best way is to get used to them or mute the TV, otherwise the anger will not help now. Just refer to this article,

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/16/1979144/special-it-is-impossible-to-communicate-its-like-being-deaf-what-
  • 微笑的Min
    微笑的Min wrote:
    哎,听了神经那个难受哦~~黑哥们,能不能集体唱首歌来听听?这样我老妈也不会怀疑家里进苍蝇了,天天追着要消灭那种“呜呜祖拉”
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Finaly we have the word VUVUZELA in Chinese. Thank you above.
  • xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx wrote:
    I am sure they have heard our voices and start considering to sell quieter Vuvuzelas, one thing is sure though, they are not going to ban them anytime soon, I am quite certain that Fifa will not ban the vuvuzelas as it was under their own commendation that they were marketed for the WC in the first place. They are selling like crazy in SA not just to South Africans but to all nationalities in attendance. (even Yankee fans..haha)

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2010/0615/Vuvuzela-controversy-solved-A-quieter-vuvuzela
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hope they are not the ones that have cost Spain and France. Hahahahhaha
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    What the hell...france going home??
    the power of latin american countries is coming!!! xD
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    Hahaha, this is hilarious:

View any website like you're viewing it from inside the South Africa World Cup!

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.cnn.com

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.google.com
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Man, France cheated remember. God pays. But to be sure, the cup is going Latin America. Look at Uruguay, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, all doing well so far. Europe, France, Spain is also fumbling, England, Italy has not been at its best, German and Netherlands a ray of hope, but the Dutch have no luck in the cup always. Africa, well, we just enjoy VUVUZELA, we have not had any concentration on playing like we have on blowing the VUVUZELA. Asia, it will take them time just like Africa. USA, i do not think so.
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    "http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.google.com" thats so cool :)

I dont watch football, but i like the vuvuzela, simple instrument that can make the world talk ;)

BZZZZZZ
    **** wrote:
    ikin of like the vuvuzelas, it doesn't bother that much and it gives more punch in this boring world cup, people that don't like it are unsatisfied people that need some thinghs to complain about, if it wasn't this it would be something alse.

anyway the day we will all be united and we will agree on everythings will be a miracle or maybe a day we will need to worried about so....
  • Erik Aleksander Aas

Take a chill pill boys, even Diego is embracing the Vuvuzela!!

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    When a group collectively comes to the conclusion that the sound of droning bees is the best possible embodiment of their national pride, then I weep for the state of humanity.

It's like something out of "Idiocracy."
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Pete, some friends of mine just developed a plugin that filters out the "droning" vuvuzela. Problem solved.

Now could ya'll stop bitchin' please!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Nope. Sorry. We will bitch until Sun, July 11.

Maybe your buddies can develop a plugin that filters us out, too.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    **** wrote:
    vuvuzelas is not about national pride, and if you want to talk about it u should winning about the players not singing enough with the public while the national hymne is playing
  • Fredrik Emil Kiran
    Does VUVUZELA bring good luck to African teams?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    well, the players concentrate on the sound and finally the African teams are getting laid.
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    well, i don't know if you noticed...but slowly they are stopping using the F ing things.
    Don't know if its because most african teams are going home or because everyone got sick of it. I hope this goes on. =P
  • Fredrik Emil Kiran
    HA, I read one news(joke) this morning, the primary school teacher requested her students to write a article about WORLD CUP within 800 words limited. One of them is writing 800 of 嗡..hahaha

老师要求小学生用800字写作文,作文题目:我眼中的世界杯,有一个同学这样写道:我眼中的世界杯,嗡嗡嗡。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    The VUVUZELA is to stay even after WC. I am sure soon the Premier League will have them too and many other leagues. It is a pity that it is associated with national pride than soccer fanaticism. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Erik Aleksander Aas

Sick of it??? Waeeeeeeeeva! We just getting started. Time to bring out the big gun!!

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahahhahahhaaaa, they have been hearing the small Revolvers and Magnum 45, time to get them the Rocket Launcher. get it on man.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    The true origin of the Vuvuzela...

Think about it, next time you blow it!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.