Discussion » Nonsense » Things that don't make sense here

• Rune
    Rune wrote:
    My friends, please explain me the reasoning behind these things--because its driving me nuts not understanding what's going on.

1) 3 or 4 fat women at every bus stop in weird yellow raincoats waving plastic flags. WAT

2) tonnes of trucks driving around watering the roads... are they trying to make the asphalt grow or something?

3) RECYCLABLE AND NON RECYCLABLE. WAT WAT WAT
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

(2) I am quite certain that this is not done all over the world, because water is rare and precious in Australia, and if anyone does this, the public will scream like hell to the government ... and I think the local folks do this to control the dust, well, hence cleaning the road ... but I think it is just a huge waste of water ...and also causing traffic jam ...

(3) I guess what Rune was trying to say ... there seems to be little or no difference between the recyclable and non-recyclable bins in Beijing (cannot be sure about other cities), i.e. you would see people dumping waste in both the recyclable and nonrecyclable bins, making no distinction about it ...

Ans: the local government pushes for recyclable Vs nonrecyclable, but they failed to educate the public about it ...

One thing that bothers me, is that some folks are picking used plastic bottles from the bins and then resell them as bottled water on the street, but imagine if someone might have spit in the bins (hence on those bottles) or threw all kinds of waste inside the bins ... yark!
  • Andre Lund
    Andre Lund wrote:
    Maybe the water is for cooling down the steets? Urban megacities like Beijing just absorb sunlight all day long and don't cool down as much at night as they heat up during the day so it might be for something like that? Just a gues.s..
  • Andre Lund
    Andre Lund wrote:
    Maybe the water is for cooling down the steets? Urban megacities like Beijing just absorb sunlight all day long and don't cool down as much at night as they heat up during the day so it might be for something like that? Just a gues.s..
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... however, hot summer sun evaporates the spraying water, hence making it more humid and, for someone like me who prefers dry summer, it is less bearable ... and speaking of water and street ...

(4) the drainage system is really bad at most major traffic spots ... and whenever there is heavy rain, we could all see "swimming pools" everywhere ...
  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    i can see u were kinda wasted. just close your eyes when you feel confused kid.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    They are trying to make the asphalt grow. It's actually successful too. You'll note there's more and more of it every day.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hah, drunk posting is 100% win, in fact I'm doing it right now...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(5) When there is a rubbish bin right in front, people could just ignore it and throw rubbish anywhere but in the bin ... once I saw an 50-something lady throwing a corn cob on the ground at a very nice angle, but the bin is just next to her ... two days ago, while I was riding on a bus, I saw this woman (looks old, but real age might be younger than me) throwing a corn cob (it's either my fate or some corn cob fetish) outside the window onto the street, and when I asked her, she said that's a "public place", hahaha ...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    This is China, anything can happen, including some of us getting drunk and making posts here. What is interesting is that there must always be other zombies to continue debating about the same posts. WAT WAT WAT........I do not understand.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am trying NOT to guess whom you were referring to ... hahaha ...
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Things that don't make sense here;

1. Pete DeMola's sense of humor
    2. Chinese reasoning/logic
    3. Why someone would send me a friend request and never communicate with me again.
    4. Jon Gu's success rate with the ladies.
    5. Alban Raysse.
    6. Mathew's anger.
    7. A conversation via PM with a Chinese girl.
    8. Cool.
    9. Why 叮噹叔叔's wife hasn't divorced him yet for spending all his time on WLIB.
    10. Why I am a WLIB addict.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @ Vincent,
    Hahhahahaa, what you have written itself.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Vincent, that's for me to know, but no one else to find out ... so it will remain one of the mysteries of the universe ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hahaha that list is pretty spot on.

Actually DD's "wife" makes 100% perfect sense. There is no wife. She is basically just a front.

DD is special in that he specifically targets women who want to have an affair with married men. Perhaps even women who want to get paid for it. It's a lot easier to find this type of woman if you tell them you are married.

As for my success rate with the ladies, it's all a smokescreen. My numbers are incredibly poor and my game falls apart completely upon meeting someone in person, whereby they shut down immediately and request that I leave. This usually happens sometime before I start to talk incessantly about racing motorcycles and after I get buck naked dancing on tables beating my chest and demanding chocolate beer and coconuts.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Jon ... like I had told you before, there is nothing I can teach you or tell you (because I dont want to feel guilty knowing that I had helped you to do what you had planned to do in China) ... but if you want to know more about my boring life, you can talk to Rita ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Nah... I like my version of the story better :)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Irony and dry humor isn't difficult to understand, Vincent. But I am honored to take the top spot on your list.

#6 is easy to understand.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    what is "PM"?
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    Prime Minister of course
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    PM Postmortem or Permanent Member
  • Jenelyn Tambago
    Private Messages... >< are you guys serious...?? Post Mortem???? xD
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Alright, after a couple of weeks of painstaking research, I believe I've successfully tracked the behavior of our beloved Uncle Ding Dang as it relates to the womenfolk. A majority of this research has been gleaned from the public guestbooks of girls whose profile I visit and found that he has beaten me to the punch.

Phase 1: Innocuous message to the girl, fishing for some sort of reply to initiate conversation

Phase 2: Discuss something completely inane and pointless for about 2 or 3 messages back and forth

Phase 3: Discover her in a complaint about something. Offers his assistance in solving her problem or offers apparently genuine suggestions and advice.

Phase 4: Develop rapport by helping to guide her through the issue. Then, offers to meet for coffee to talk about it in further detail.

Phase 5: Meets the girl for coffee because at that point most girls will just assume he is a harmless old married man.

Phase 6: ?????????

Phase 7: Get banned from this website for harassing the women and sending them unwanted approaches.

Phase 8: Sign up for a new account and do the same thing over and over again multiple times proving that you can't really get rid of anyone here no matter how much you want to.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... keep up with the alcohol, you will lose your liver soon ...

Most girls know that I am NOT harmless, because I warned them about people like myself ...

As for the rest, they are mostly true ... but had been cutting back on the coffee ...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Next time do not meet for coffee, take her to a bisecting theater there and then!!!!!!
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    Jon!!!!! totally agree with u!!!!! I'm about to barf seriously........
    "D-I-N-O-S-A-U-R You are a dinosaur, O-L-D M-A-N Your just an old man, Hitting on me what? You need a cat scan That's what you are HA! "
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... bisecting theater? I dont have much medical knowledge, where is that?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Well, when you take her there, you know what to BISECT, and apply the injection.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... let's discuss bisection another time ... but what's with the latest fascination about me? I have got far too much attention ...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    That scar in the head. Seems romantic to many ladies in here.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it was nothing romantic ... for all I know, I could have become a vegetable ... but then, I am not much different from one, right? heehee...
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    nooo........we just feel disgusting....it's awful...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... if you know that your recent photo had been posted by someone you trusted, you will feel more disgusting ...
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Heh, I had always assumed that uncle D was just a harmless guy like myself (but less offensive) just here to kill time, since he's openly married. It didn't occur to me that he was actually trolling for womenfolk. I guess when in Rome...上什么山,唱什么歌. It should have been obvious that like all other married men in China he is available for a concubine at least (also like me).

Jon, you forgot step 9.
    9. Profit!
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Ummm...Mr. D was already on my "most perverted man on WLIB" more than half year ago, but after some more observation, even tho not so serious as Jon did, it came out almost the same conclusion as Jon said. Then I put him in the "Hall of Fame" of "pervertology". You know, no matter what kind of thing one does, good or bad, if he/she does it really really good, we should at least show some respect to him/her. That's what I called "to respect other's expertise"

Umm, I really don't think Mr. D's intension is to finally have coitus with female homo sapiens, coz....ummm...However, motives are behind everything. Since I'm a fan of psychology, I decide to keep on learning from his behaviors. Oh, btw, I'm a believer of the "compensation theory"

So Jon, show some respect to Mr. D, you got plenty things to learn from him on "pervertology", hahaha:D
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Boys leave Ding Dang alone, you gonna give him a heart attack.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I think our Dear Uncle wants to believe that he is still residing in an age where the treatment of women as coquettish sex objects was tolerated by the majority (i.e. before Women's Lib.).

While I don't agree with most of what Uncle spouts towards women, rare is the man who has the ability to laugh at himself, particularly in such a deprecating fashion.

Uncle: No offense, but you were born in the wrong century. You would have made a great eunuch, giggling away with the palace girls.

But no balls. Haha.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Hmm, I now feel stupid realizing that all the other guys using this website is either getting women out of it or getting paid for it. Maybe I should go do something less not worthwhile to kill time.
    OR maybe I should stop killing time... it turns out it's in short supply.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... thank you all ...

Jon ... as I have said before, I have nothing to tell you or teach you, so it felt odd (kind of gayish) for someone like YOU to say that you want to learn from me ... and when I noticed that you were indeed talkng to people (mainly girls) on my guestbooks, coincident or otherwise, it worries me that you might incur any harm or damage to them (I dont care much about those shallow or stupid ones, but only those genuinely nice ones), so I felt the need to block you ... i.e. assuming the "blocking" thing is actually working ...

Pete ... I have known that I was born in the wrong time and wrong place for many, many years, there is really not much anyone can do about it, so I make the most out of it ...

Vincent ... my heart is fine ... but I am sorry that the truth about (9) is still not resolved :)...

Ming ... thanks for the advice :)

Did i miss anyone? No, I think that's it ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Jon, yes, you have got me worried, very, very much indeed ...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Yeah, Jon, my mistake, his strategy is not suitable for you. So it seems that you need to learn by yourself, and you got many things to learn, you know, you are still a rookie in the field of pervert ;)

Now I still interested in THREE things:

1, motives - like compensating for what
    2, the "?????" phase - I only know trying to kiss and hug is included~
    3, who's his wife?

Maybe I gonna join you in deeper research, then we can write a paper, and got it published, hehe~
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    DD, did I give advice?
    Jesus I'm bored... As a result of refusing to listen to my manager and instead managing my time and projects the way I find effective, I'm left with half my work day every day with nothing to do. Maybe I should stop working for dark-age management.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    I still stand by my initial post. The Uncle Should Just resign......like pete said he was born in the wrong century. and he failed to use his charm during that time. or probably there was no WLIB by then......so Mr. Hahahaha ... I am ready to manage your retirement fund campaigns
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... what you see from the outside, is not what they have (or what they do not have) on the inside ... talking is a way to find out, I am sure you know better than me about that, right?

Lunch time, back later :)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Back from the lunch, and the steamed spare ribs is repeatedly a masterpiece ...

Jon:

So retirement fund is out, but getting-a-hooker fund is in? Does it mean that Mathew would be out of a job now?

I think it is safe to say that I dont know most of your friends, whether it be male or female, and for those who happen to exist in both our "social circles", now that you have revealed my true evil side, I am sure they will stay away from me, hence leaving me alone ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I was talking the girls leaving me along ... did I write that wrong?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Alright. Now you're going off-topic... and we generally disagree with turning threads into examinations of individual users.

I'd advise you to communicate with Uncle privately... or not at all. Either one works.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha, thanks Pete, but I am afraid Jon (and Mathew) would not be able to write to me in private ... *wink* *wink* ... off to see the wizard :)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Fair enough Pete. Apologies for the ruckus. I'd be glad to self-harmonize if DingDang wishes.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Thanks. Harmonize away.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.