Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Issue with "Description"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

When I noticed that my minifeed and descriotion was blank, I browsed around a little bit and noticed this following problem

1. Choose a random person that has at least a few words in his/her description
    2. Click on the "minimize" icon (or whatever it is called) ... this should work fine, and the "minimize" should be changed to a "maximize"
    3. Click at the same place again, i.e. this "maximize" thing, there is a "flash" on the screen, but the description would NOT appear ...
    4. The only way to "fix" this, is to press F5 to refresh the page

Q: Had anyone noticed this? Or is it only me, again?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

While I continued to randomly test the issue with description, I also noticed this following problem with the minifeed:

1. Choose a random person that has a few entries in his/her minifeed, at least one of them has to be a comment from a photo gallery ... it can be his/her own gallery or anyone else's

2. Click on the "minimize" icon (or whatever it is called) ... this should work fine, and the "minimize" should be changed to a "maximize"

3. Click at the same place again, i.e. this "maximize" thing, everything would appear EXCEPT any entry (or entries) from photo gallery ...

4. The only way to "fix" this, is to press F5 to refresh the page

Q: Again ... had anyone noticed this? Or is it only me, again? And again? And again?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    First issue: yes, they request the updated description from the server when you try to open the description again but there's a database error returned.

Second issue: you also can notice that the icons have changed in the activity so I guess that opening the feed this way calls a different function than the usual feed (presumably one of a previous version when photo comments were not included yet).
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Thanks, for a minute, I thought I was the only one seeing these problems ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.