Discussion » Nonsense » wlib enhancements

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    Ya know, i like this web a lot but it really needs more options and functions.

1. I would love to see a much better user control panel
    2. options to delete shit that we post
    3. options to manage the profile with different backgrounds and fonts etc(hate white)
    4. blocking features
    5. a chat room/im tool

my question to the boys here in the development team.

i don't know Rails but i think its a great tool from what i read about it and see its quite versatile. do you guys think rails has limitations compared to other tools?

for sure i think we need more options.
    more things to do here.

i like the forum but its only the one thing i use here.

i would like to see it develop more or else it can fall to the way side as bjstuff did.

too limited dudes.

set it up.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Just spoken with someone from WLI-Dailian this morning ... apparently, they can see FULL description in my profile, but all I see here is a big ugly blank ...

What's wrong?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    2. options to delete shit that we post: you already have that, if you're talking about deleting a thread, you need to realize that once someone replies to you on a thread, it does not completely belong to you anymore, it's a discussion among many people and even though you started it, there's no reason to allow you to delete the whole discussion people have had later on. So this is a tricky one.
    . wrote:
    To 叮噹叔叔, I can see all the descriptions in your profile :)

Astaroth, thanks a lot for the suggestions. WLIB is growing and for sure it is not perfect for now. But I believe with support from all the great members like you, it will become better and better :)

Thanks again, to both of you!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It was OK about an hour ago ... and it not OK now ...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Ah I have one new requirement again! In the inbox, to open a message you need to click on the title. But I find many people (I have many names to give to those people all referring to their lack of brain, but hey, they exist, it's not like I have a choice about that) lazy enought to have a message title that is: "i" or "!" and with a touchpad, it's pretty awful and frustrating to try to click on that fucking single character to open the message.

So how about something like this:

where the whole red square could be clicked to open the mail?

I find those stupid titles often enough to think I'm not the only one. And I think it's also more simple to change the website's links than to educate people!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

While anyone is at it ... please make sure that when releasing new features:

1. that the site is still in good working order ... been seeing quite a few times when the whole site just went "ga ga" for a few minutes ... or even longer ...

2. try to do at least some integration test (or whatever it is called these days), because it is not cool to see such a cool site going whacko only because of any cool new feature ...

3. even if no integration test is done at all, please, please, please do some source code control or version control ... I have already heard a few times, something like "that was working before" ...

4. I dont know what kind of budget or environment you guys are working on, but some basic tests running on ALL popular browsers (even if not all versions) should be done ...

Please feel free to call me old school, but that's how things were done back in the dark ages ... if this is not how things should be done now, I would welcome any refreshment course ...

Good night :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.