Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » People who are native Turkey , Finish , Tai wan,

• Yourcareerchina
    Yourcareerchina wrote:
    Reference: YIC10-030
    Please send Us your photo +CV
    Job Title: Software Language Proofreading and Testing ( full training will be provided)
    You Don’t pay any fees for applying this position
    Salary: ¥ 50,000 - ¥ 180,000 per annum + benefits (please see the very bottom)

Company Profile:
    This is a famous International IT company

Language we need: European Spanish; Mexican Spanish; European French; Canadian French; Dutch; Swedish; Norwegian; Danish; Finnish; Portuguese; Russian; Polish; Czech; Urdu; Vietnamese; Malay; Indonesian; Turkish; Hungarian; Romanian; Slovak; Ukrainian; Farsi; Chinese Traditional (Taiwan); Chinese Traditional (HK); Tagalog/Philippino; Serbian; Estonian; Latvian; Lithuanian; Farsi; Hebrew; Urdu; Icelandic

The Project objective is to further enhance the localization testing process for a famous mobile device manufacture. Specifically, there will be the following testing tasks for multiple software release on hardware.
    1. You will be fully trained to do the job ( this is simple as Reading in your language)
    2. You will be involved in proof reading, editing and addressing the layout of the softer ware ( just like using your own mobile phone, to see if the language you see is correct )
    3. You will find Bugs and mistake spellings of the software and provide report in a daily basis to your manager

• Language testing
    • Layout testing
    • Functional testing
    • Translations on Mobile phone related materials
    • Language Quality control in testing.
    • Language Schedule control in testing.
    • Finding defects and writing error report
    • Error verification
    • Configure the related settings and environment for testing.

1. Native speaker of the Required Languages
    2. Linguistic or technical education or related subject ,if you do not have relevant education then experiences count.
    3. Basic knowledge of technologies under testing: Email, Blue Tooth,
    4. Linux but not compulsory, full training will be provided.
    5. Testing experience, preferably mobile devices
    6. Good written & spoken English skills
    7. Can take responsibilities and work under pressure us a must

Starting date: 5th July 2010
    Duration: 6 to 12 month ( we need some casual staff as well)

What we offer
    1. An informal, dynamic, and creative environment where you can grow and develop
    2. Subject matter variety for long-term employment
    3. The opportunity to work with a young, international team
    4. Internal training
    5. Flexible working conditions
    6. Beautiful seaside travelling ( on weekend organized by YIC)
    7. Working visa for qualified candidates
    8. Up to 10,000 Yuan per month based on experiences and commitment + bonus
    9. Networking events. You will enjoy our networking with other international staff, once every 2 weeks. Events can be group travelling to seaside or mountain, group dinner in fancy restaurant
    10. You will be provided with private language partner to learn Chinese
    11. Paid holiday for 12 month employment
    12. Medical and accident Insurance will be offered to 12 month employment contract

Attention please: Photos with CV will be required.
  • Simen Wangberg

Whoa. Dude, relax.

Also, that doesn't seem like very much pay - I didn't major in Urdu at university just so I could earn "up to" 10K RMB a month. I do like beautiful seaside traveling though. And group dinners in fancy restaurants.

• Rebecca Arnesen

Leave willy alone mike. Just earning his 5 mao.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Haha, nice William, Pete won't have to delete any of your posts today for sure.

On a related note, here's another piece of Anti-Tiawanese propoganda that I found on the forums while researching my potential move there. I like how they refer to the Taiwanese government as the "occupational authority". As far as I can find, the information isn't true, it's just another way to discourage investment in Taiwan.

"Advisory Warning for Taiwan
    Non-Republic of China nationals on Taiwan or the occupied islands are strongly advised to avoid opening or using banks on, or associated with Taiwan.

The following warning/advisory specifically applies to banking for all non-Republic of China nationals living, working or traveling on Taiwan or other occupied territories of the Republic of China.

The occupational authority of the Republic of China, as part of an ongoing effort to promote greater racial superiority of Republic of China nationals, decreed that non-ROC nationals with banking or financial accounts in banks or financial institutions in ROC territory, be denied access to any funds or monies locally or abroad held by banks in the territory of the Republic of China, if they do not posses a residency document (ARC) or ROC passports issued by that authority.

Non-ROC nationals who fail to withdraw monies or assets in a specified time may forfeit those accounts or assets to confiscation by the the occupational authorities without notification or re-numeration of non ROC nationals.

Further more, that same occupational government has initiated policies to arbitrarily and through extra judicial means, revoke Alien Resident Certificates (ARC) and deport from the territory any foreign national without right of appeal or judicial oversight thus, depriving minorities on Taiwan of their basic human rights and effectively stealing any assets non ROC nationals may have in local banks.
    This warning/advisory specifically applies to immigrants, migrants, foreign spouses, laborers, teachers, domestic helpers, foreign engineers, business executives and dependents numbering 500,000 to 1,000,000 people or approximately 2% to 5% of the population on Taiwan who do not posses Republic of China passports or ROC national identification cards.

This advisory has been issued by SSETT the defacto foreign teachers union and advocacy group on Taiwan."

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Also, I am really sick of seeing this job posted on every job board and spammed to me daily by Brian O'Rourke. If you haven't found anyone to do it, raise your offer to more than Zhejiang wages!

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Why is Taiwan part of China? I don't know that either. But the United Nations and more than 190 countries recognize that fact.

What is sovereignty? What is country? In what kind of condition should the part of the territory be independent or not?

Should Hei Long Jiang be independent? Should Beijing be independent? Should Tibet be independent? Should Xin Jiang be independent? Should Northern Island be independent? Should  Catalonia be independent? Should Corse be independent? Should Chechnya be independent? Should all "occupants" leave North America and leave the natives to build their own country?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Maria, "should xxxxx be independant"

no, no, no, no, no, and no, unless you want to become a river crab, there is no room for discussion of this here.

But as to the question of "is xxxxx independant", that is a bit easier isn't it? Of course, we don't need to play with symantics. If independance requires that all other countries officially call you a country in addition to treating you like all other countries, then obviously Taiwan, Kosovo, and Israel are not independant countries. (Listing off the top of my head, of course there are others).

But if the deffinition is more like "you have autonomous control, your citizens have their own passports, and everyone in the world treats you like a country despite being bullied by your really fat, stinky neighbor into not calling you a country, then maybe the status of some of these places changes.

Anyway, my personal position is that all of Asia belongs to Mongolia. Except for Taiwan. That belongs to the Dutch. Or maybe Manchuria.

Sorry Pete, river crab out.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

小莫, can you get onto fb? I'm looking for my brief history of a certain place that I posted on your note there, but I can't access it here.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Here's my contribution to the thread before you guys say something dumb and it gets flushed down The Man's Toilet:

I saw a band from Taiwan on Saturday, Boyz & Girl. They are a shoegaze band emitting fuzzed-out, wandering melodies that coalesce into some amazing grooves, with a small girl holding it all together in front as the crowd surged and almost swallowed her whole.

Whatever those kids are cooking up across the straight, I want them to keep doing it.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I want China to take over Taiwan just so I can get those fucking delicious Asian lime lemon smoothies again, and maybe some decent passion fruit green tea and crepes.

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

"But if the deffinition is more like "you have autonomous control, your citizens have their own passports, and everyone in the world treats you like a country despite being bullied by your really fat, stinky neighbor into not calling you a country, then maybe the status of some of these places changes."

I totally understand that. That happened before when the People's Republic China just founded. The fat stinky west doesn't recognize us a country, the fat stinky neighbor doesn't allow us to have official seat in the United Nations and still acclaimed that mainland is part of China and no one should seperate China.

莫明, what's your point? Do you support Taiwan to be an independent country? Or do you just think Taiwan have some characteristics of "a country" but shoud not be a country? or do you prefer to let Taiwanese have the referrendum to decide if they want to be a country or not?

You really don't have to be sarcastic all the time. It's a bit tired to hear them. Just say what you want to say.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Maria, I'm sorry (not being sarcastic) if my sarcasm gets boring. For the most part, what I want to say is illegal, so all I can do is make these snide sarcastic comments to entertain myself.

As usual, I completely agree with what you said about the early days. R.O.C used to be just as much of a joke as P.R.C, and Chiang was surely just as bad as Mao. Somehow though, Taiwan became a democracy and got a whole lot better in the last 20 years (Any place where the people can riot about how terrible the government is and not get killed by the government is actually not so bad). Who knows what would have happened if the US had opened up to trade with P.R.C instead of R.O.C in the early years, instead of believing in that "one China" nonsense.

As far as my actual point, I would take the third option. I don't care what Taiwan is called so long as P.R.C doesn't ruin it. The hypocricy of certain "historical" arguments is really quite laughable though, so I sometimes feel a need to lash out at it.

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

莫明, I see what you mean about the third option. To be honest, I don't have the exact definition about  "country", "sovereignty", etc,. I always feel confused towards those vague terms. My argument perhaps more come from an emotional need, sometimes doesn't make much sense. Sorry about that.

So from an emotional side, as a Chinese, I'd love to see Taiwan and mainland will be united as one country. It doesn't need to be "who rules whom", just united as a loose federal country sharing the same language and culture. But I would be certainly against any military movement to achieve this goal. (So sick of Chinese killing Chinese)

The old generation of Taiwan still have a strong feeling towards mainland, and they are the main impetus to push a peaceful unification. However, the younger generation grow up under DPP's de-sinicizing educational system, they feel no connection to Mainland at all. When old generation all die, I can't see any hope that Taiwanese are willing to be back to the "motherland".

Talking about democracy in Taiwan, I think Taiwan is very important to the whole Chinese, since this is the first place to experiment democracy by Chinese people (I mean "华人" by saying Chinese people here) in the whole world. And if it were to succeed, it would surely become a great example for the mainland. And more and more people will be convinced that democracy is not equal to "inefficiency, low economic development, political wrangel and social chaos." It's not very optimistic to see what DPP and KMT are acting on the current political stage, but hopefully it's just a short time democracy inadaptation.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.