Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » would like to have performances by foreigners

• Fiona
    Fiona wrote:
    we are a conference & exhibition company, we will hold a temple fair on October, so we need various kinds of performance by foreigners. If there is any native people interested in our temple fair, please contact with us.
    My Tel. is 010-59181606
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    庙会 should probably just be translated as "fair" unless you're actually going to hold it in a temple.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Be specific or give examples. Otherwise, these guys here, as i know, can perform virtually anything including what you would not want in a holy temple.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Otherwise, Jon Gu and Angela Wang can give you a good performance.
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    Does "group licentiousness" count as a performance?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... COOL ... I dont think neither would qualify ... the keyword is "foreigners", meaning people who look different from Chinese ... I vote for the three Peter's ... but what can they do on stage?

... oh, I know, Yes Sir and Mini Yes Sir ... the girls would love to see that ...
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Performance? That's pretty vague. I know this Mexican chick who does a wicked donkey show and can do some pretty creative things with ping-pong balls. Is that what you had in mind?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Er, what? How did Angela and I get dragged into this?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Peter B ... I thought Thai girls always do that better ... or was that Thai boys?
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    if u need music, call me i have lot of bands and i have contacts, 1870 1332 904...
  • Børge Notkevich
    haha, I'm lost too Jon... What sorta performance could we pull together? lol
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @叮噹叔叔
    I did not know both were Chines. But they deserve each the other anyway. I never look much at people's faces in here. Well i will attend and probably make a performance. Ohh, sorry, Anhui, that is too far. I am out.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... COOL ... the Gu-rooo of Love is American Chinese while Miss Wang is Australian Chinese, both (if I remember correctly) were born in China but raised in some rain forest of their respective countries ... based on general interpretation of the word "foreigner", though neither behave like Chinese, their outside appearance dont qualify them as "foreigners" either ... as for whether they deserve each other, hahahaha, I must retreat to toilet very soon ...

And that's another thing I dont quite understand ... Anhui is not too far, but not too close, why are they recruiting foreigners from Beijing? Some kind of human traffiking scam?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahhah Anhui! My God, does it mean there are no foreigners there? It would be quite interesting trafficking in old wrinkled people of WLIB.
  • Sdf Sdfg
    Sdf Sdfg wrote:
    FIONA, I remember u r compamy held a temple fair in 2008 in anhui, that's a vey nice place, blue sky, and green lake, i like this place, is it Wuhu Anhui?i think it;s a good idea to invite some foreign friends to join it , that will make the fair international, and i have some friends can play music and take national dance, i will introduce them to u , if i am free, i will also join in it .
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Troll !!!!!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Well it seems that you probably do not want American performances in your fair..... The only thing we seem to do well these days is destroy culture, not perform it. I wish you luck in your search. I know a Hawaiian girl who can dance hula.... Some African guys might be into their cultural dances and costume if their minds are not too far colonized by the west. American culture perhaps could be displayed through some country, rock, or Christian music like Taylor Swift.

• Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:
    Kodi, you couldn't be more right. That's why I about got in a fight at the Pearl Market yesterday. These dumb Americanos think their shit don't stank, but lean a little bit closer and see that our roses really smell like AMERICAN GARBAGE.

Jay Z's "on to the next one" is good. Eminem's "I'm not Afraid" seems to have a powerful impact on Chinese listeners. 90's Hip Hop is where its at. Today rap is mostly crap, except Wayne, Em, Flo Rida and a few others I forgot to mention.
  • Syda Akum
    Syda Akum wrote:

oh oh am I the hawaiian who can dance hula? :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.