Discussion » Sports & Activities » THIS IS A REAL CURSE

• COOL 凉快
    COOL 凉快 wrote:
    With many of the worlds fancied players not called for the world cup, Colocini, Ronaldino, Zaneti, Cambiaso, Marcos Sena, Edwin Van Der Sar etc, the teams are getting shocks of their lives.

Italy: One of the most prized free kick takers, Andrea Pirlo is out with an injury. Now Italy has to do without its skilled play maker. He is greatly remembered for his role world cup in which Italy emerged victors.

England. Imagine a country playing without the captain. Rio Fedinand has been ruled out with a calf injury on the left leg. Will be replaced at the back by inexperienced Dorwson of Tottenham. Now Capelo has to rethink. Has Cole at the left, Johnson on the right, King and Terry in the centre back. However, King ios prone to injuries. Lets wait and see how they get on against USA.

Ivory Coast. Their captain might as well be out after fracturing an arm in training. Didier Drgba is one hell of inspiration for the team. Now they will have to rely on Solomon Kalou, Dindane or Kone. Well, a great test.

Nigeria: The influential and typical number 6 at the moment in the world, John Obi Mikel is out with a knee injury. That is a testing period for Nigeria.

A few days to go, we need to keep watch. So many players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Ledly King, Torres, not leaving out Rooney the man are injury prone.

Do we now count England off the Trophy?

• Undermoonlight
    England has never been counted in since1980...
    Argentina should get the trophy this time, I think...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    England will still get the trophy Gerrard and Lampard are there
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    England" Now the worst has come. Ledley King and Mathew Upson miss out training with some sickness.

Netherlands: Hahahha, very bad indeed. Argen Robben gets a hamstring during their romp of the Hungarians 6'1 friendly.
  • Marte Joahansen
    I'ld still bet on a team which defends from upfront...I'm giving it to Italy

the ITALIANS would deliver irrespective of their short-comings.

The competition would be very unpredictable anyways..we know it's being hosted

in South-Africa, but most of the African teams appear to be unreliable with

reference to the friendly matches they've had so far. It's going to be shocking.

• Undermoonlight
    I don't see any European teams are strong enough to claim the champion title this time...And there should be one African team entering the semi-final----unprecedentedly, if my memory isn't fucked up by some unnecesary anger...Yes, the Italians are the most likely candidate, but I just can't see that coming----a weird sense, hoping I'm wrong...'cause each time, when a European seed team was out, it brought forth frustration and faith problem towards the event----A feast for the second-rate teams?!...
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    in what way are spain not strong enough?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Italy might be like France in Japan and South Korea. It had Henry, Govou, and Trezegoal who were all top scores in their leagues, but did not go through the first round. Hope actually it does not happen. But Italy, Brazil, Argentina , Spain and maybe England look strong.

Mean while Banitez might be joining Inter and David Moyes linked to Liverpool, though Hugson is most likely to take on the cops because of his great work of leading Fulham to Europa finals.
  • Undermoonlight
    Hey, dude, "strong" here also means "mentally strong enough to do away with the curse"~~~Spain, England, Netherland...Every time, as long as they got the qualifications, they were the seeds...But, a curse is a curse...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Spain has all the Skill, but apart from the days they had people like Ivan Helguera, etc, today they have very physically weak players. I mean the physic. Match them with the mid fielders of Italy, England and Brazil and compare the physic. And there endurance is really lucking if the team has to go for extras.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahhahaa CURSE true.
  • Undermoonlight
    I think, the most strong European team in mentality is the Germans, followed by Italy~~and Spain is the worst, the second worst England...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Yes, i agree. The Germans are really good, especially if they can find a good replacement for Ballack.

Skill is not going to work at this world cup. But mentality and physic. I have seen Italians play games without any skill and actually very ugly games even the previous world cup. but they win matches. Just remember how they played the Germans. And the worst game ever seen was Euro 2000 when they were playing the Dutch. The Dutch had the ball 90% but lost. The Italians put Del Piero only up front and they won the match. So if the Spanish are going to romance the ball, they are likely to get disapointed just like they got in South Korea against the Koreans.
  • Marte Joahansen
    U' guys have said it all. But, is it me or everyone rather thinks the same way with

reference to the Brazilians..

I feel they've had it enough and other nations just have to feel the glory associated

with world cup victories...what do u fink @ cool and undermoonlight?.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Well, Brazilians i think are fancied again. But to me, this time round, since the departure of Da Lima, i do not think they have so prolific a striker in the likes of Gavner Love and Luis Fabiano. To be exact, the mid field that has Gilberto Silva, Kleberson and Ramires would be weak. Melo would sit well in 6 with Kaka on a free role. But Brazil lacks quality wingers that can cause havoc, and the defense is also suspect if it gets attackers like Spain or the Dutch. I think they will go to the quarters, but if faced with teams like German or Italy, even England itself, they would be out.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Lucio and Joan are one hell that are going to be on a hard time. Lucio is old. Their left back is so much a suspect. The wingers on the left is Rhobinho and right might put Nilmer. But the side backs move far too much and on counter attacks, well, just wait for the wedding.
    One problem would be choosing between Grafite, Luis Fabiano, and Baptista up front.

1 Julio César Goalkeeper
    8 Gilberto Silva Midfielder
    12 Gomes Goalkeeper
    10 Kaká Midfielder
    22 Doni Goalkeeper
    16 Gilberto Midfielder
    2 Maicon Defender
    17 Josué Midfielder
    3 Lucio Defender
    18 Ramires Midfielder
    4 Juan Defender
    20 Kleberson Midfielder
    13 Daniel Alves Defender
    9 Luis Fabiano Striker
    14 Luisao Defender
    11 Robinho Striker
    15 Thiago Silva Defender
    19 Julio Baptista Striker
    5 Felipe Melo Midfielder
    21 Nilmar Striker
    6 Michel Fernandes Bastos Midfielder
    23 Grafite Striker
    7 Elano Midfielder
    - Dunga Manager/Coach
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    Spain won the european championship though, they have some of the best players and have maintained their side, with few injuries to their main stars. You guys are calling them psychologically weak, i really can't agree. That said, the pre-tournament favourites rarely seem to win the world cup.

By the way cool, use a dictionary, i can't understand what your saying half the time because you write the wrong word.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @ Mathiew
    1England is good, but one thing about the national team is that whenever Gerard plays a long side Lampard, their combination is really poor in the mid field. Both almost do the same thing.

2, When faced with a team that plays individuals and not foot ball, it can be a problem to them. What i mean is a team like Italy that can put Genaro Gatuso to play a person not the ball. In that case, Gerald and Rooney would be rendered lame. Just recall three seasons ago when Gatuso played Ronaldo in the Champions league at Guispee Meaza ( Whatever the spelling), to an extent that Ronaldo was taken off. So they will need Barry in 6, Lampard can play 8, but if they want Gerald and Lampard on, then Gerald should play half ten behind Rooney, but not on the left flank as is going to be.
    3 Because England, since the days of Steve Macmanaman has never got such a good replacement, Ashley Cole will find himself traveling on the left because Gerald is not going to keep there at all.

4 Another flaw is the calamity goal keeper David James. Can even let in a back pass on a good day.

5 Terry is going to find a hard time. Jimmie Charagher is Old and King has been on injury for a period. If Barry does move too much, then wait to see what next.

Goal- David James
    No2 Johnson
    No3 Ashley Cole
    No4 Charagher
    No5 Terry
    No6 Barry Gareth
    No7. Lenon
    No8 Lampard
    No9 Rooney
    No10 Crouch
    No11 Gerald
  • Petter Meisfjordskar

Let me quote myself sir, "Spain has all the Skill, but apart from the days they had people like Ivan Helguera, etc, today they have very physically weak players. " The word is "Physically" not "psychologically" sir. Am i right with what i wrote?
    Then we need perhaps to check ourselves on who to use the dictionary.
  • Undermoonlight
    Yeah~~Th(f)uck the Brizilians...
    We said that Spain was cursed in the World Cups, events at the continental level excluded~~Spain has been like a man suffering from temporary impotency in the World Cups, I fink~~~Go check the historical records, buddy~
  • Undermoonlight
    Pretournaments? You mean those warm-up matches? What do you FINK that France was fucked by China (just a bunch of corrupted Dongbei brothers or alike) two days (?) ago? Those cannot be taken seriously...
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    Pre tournament just means before the tournament has started undermoon. I'm not talking about the friendlies which I never read anything into. I do not need to go and check the historical records to know that Spain has never won the world cup. The European Championship is pretty big time, and shows Spain have the ability(mentally and ability-wise) to step it up. History is always ready to be rewritten, buddy.

haha cool, way to alter what you originally wrote! Don't worry, i get it now. Also there is no way that torres can be described as physically weak, or mentally, or indeed physic for that matter. Which is the singular of a subject I took at school.

All this aside I can hardly wait for this tournament to start! C'mon England!
  • Undermoonlight
    For Spain, I'm afraid that the curse will be more effective this time, in terms of such mentality: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/features/story/2009/11/23/spf-spain.html
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Torres is a real good strong striker. Very clever on the ball both in the air and on the ground. But when i talk of physic, i mean the strong body build and i refer specifically to the mid fielders. They are weak and lack endurance. They are only hard working in the first 60 minutes. But if they do not get their philosophy right, and the opponent team starts playing uncoordinated hit and run for the ball, like England used to do, the Spain can be in danger. I can not wait to see Xavi, Iniesta, Sagio David silva and Alonso in mid field with Torres and David Villa up front.
    One thing i know is that Torres is going to get injured soon in the first round. He is so injury prone that he never plays 4 games running.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Ledley King admits he has grave knee problems that he can not train everyday. But he is lined up to make a start when playing USA. Well, Capelo is now gambling with the English team. Wish him luck.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    @ Denmark

The Dens are now facing the curse. Strikers Simon Kjear and Nicklas Bentner are doubtful as they nurse injuries. Bentner was on target for the Dens through out their qualifying campaign.

What a blow!!!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Gareth Barry out of the English squad for the mean time with an ankle injury.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    According to www.goal.com, the following have been ranked according to the strength as will take the world cup.

1 Spain 5.00 Main threat David Villa
    2 Brazil 5.50 Main threat Luis Fabiano
    3 England 7.00 Main threat Wayne Rooney
    4 Argentina 7.50 Main threat Leonel Messi
    5 Netherlands 11.00 Main threat Robin Van Persie
    6 Germany 12.00 Main threat Miraslove Close
    7 Italy 13.00 Main threat Antonio Di Natale
    8 France 17.00 Main threat Frank Ribery
    9 Portugal 26.00 Main threat Christiano Ronaldo
    10 Ivory Coast 34.00 Main threat Solomon Kalou.

Well, have your say. How would you change the ranking and what do you think of the main threats? Which team do you think has been ranked unfairly and which do you think is left out?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Nani out with a shoulder injury picked during training. There goes Portugal.
  • Marte Joahansen

We thought we would have all being suspenced by now.

Actually, it's a yes to that thing.. the" wlib" team should have some

sort of lottery to whoever could predict the score of the

final match.

And the winner to add.

It's just a suggestion anyways.

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Good suggestion man.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.