Discussion » Nonsense » 1 word to describe 7 years.

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    7 years, today, ago i took up residency in Beijing.
    how long have you been around?
    How long do you intend to stay?

After all the work, friends, beers, smoke, hash, traffic, amazing sights, complaints, dragging my sorry ass back to the states, visas, language,RMB etc

finally i can say that this place really rocks.

I never lived in a place like beijing.

Some may ask what was/were the highligh(s)?

But according to my current "market value", some may not give a fuck.

I think the best thing about the past 7 years here in Beijing was my previous band
    Raging Mob. I started that project but walked away in order to work harder.

Another is all the people I have got to know. Some I hate and others I love.
    This city reminds me a lot of Chicago. WIth all the diversity in ethnic backgrounds.

I am glad to have WLIB because i was so fucking tired to thebeijinger. at least here we have some depth and many love/hate types of conversations.

If i were to go back and do it all over again I would have to say I would not trade any of it.

Is there on word to describe this rock n roll lifestyle I've lived for so long?
    Yes there is

he ping
  • №❶ Passioη
    hehe, you're the smart one... I thought the cartoon character Astaroth was 4 kuai, the rockstar = 5 kuai, erm... and which version is 6 Kuai? :D
  • №❶ Passioη
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

One word? Hahahahaha ... marriage ... July 2003 :)
  • Simen Stensvoll
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    "Condoms cost a lot" I thought size matters. The small ones made in Guangzhou are cheaper than the long ones made in America and Russia. Most expensive are the ones made for Africa. They are long and wide. OOOPpps
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Got some friends who work for the government and live in a compound. I grab a box of the free ones at the door every time I visit.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    He Ping is technically two words isn't it?
  • Lars Magnus Langholm
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

With all due respect to your respective egos, we don't like this space being used as a platform for racial slurs and people threatening to fight one another.

While we don't encourage it at all on this website, if you really feel the need to threaten each other and talk shit, do so via private messages or on another platform.

That's fair, isn't it. Thanks in advance!
  • №❶ Passioη
    huh? who removed all my posts?
  • №❶ Passioη
    I said foreigners suck.. they can't be superstars anymore in Beijing like it used to be...
  • №❶ Passioη
    I don't remember though... just some amateur attacks :D
  • №❶ Passioη
    hehe, Really not worth the thoughts... I just enjoy the feeling when I go to remote parts of china and attract great positive attention, more girls, more pic requests, more respect (Just like it once was in Beijing) - like signing autographs when my name has never been on the billboards :D...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I removed all posts containing racist, trash-spewing hate speech and alpha-male bravado bullshit that neither belongs on this website nor adheres to the original post.

We don't like babysitting you guys, but we will continue to delete this type of content as it pops up.

Note: Posts between users threatening to fight people will be removed. Posts using racial slurs will be removed. Going off-topic will not be tolerated. Creating a list that says "fuck everything and everyone" in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic and hand just to vent your pent up your latent rage will also be removed.

While the WLIB likes and respects you guys, please do not bother drafting long and intricate responses containing hate speech or racist content, because we'll just remove them.

We are currently in the process of tightening up both privacy settings and designing and implementing new methods to ban repeat offenders from posting on the forums (but not their accounts) on this site, particularly as a result of the few people who act like complete and utter assholes by acting like abusive and hateful little children who lower this website quality for everyone.

This message is not directed at any particular user.

Behave yourselves... and thanks again! Any questions can be directed to me privately.
  • №❶ Passioη
    Well said Mr. DeMola, don't mind them.. I will handle them for you...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Who do you mean by "them"?
  • №❶ Passioη
    racists? :P or "terrorists" as a more suitable word :D
  • anita sønsterud
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    ha ha ha funny comment
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    I am NOT saying Undermoonlight is a little bitch!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.