Discussion » Nonsense » Men scared off wiv. the marriage idea..

• Clev
    Clev wrote:
    Women are always nagging .."he would have married u", IF ONLY...???.....

except the fact that ???...

C'mon..ladies let's sort this out verbally.

Let's get to laugh off some excuses men tend to put up.

It would be fun..i know..lol..

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Do you mean " If only she did not have a mustache?"
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    "I like your sister". That conversation didn't end well...
  • Marte Joahansen
    C'mon man@ Daniel...that would have been fruitful and prospective for

a converse..if only it was Dando Z...putting up such....haha...

I mean...

@ cool, that's a bleak one. Expect more from u wiv. reference to ur stat...hehe

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Yesterday i met a red head tall Chinese girl. Loved me too but now i have to by a lawn mower to chop of the mustache man. We can not be the same.
  • Marte Joahansen
    unfortunately, i'm rather myopic to those ladies as i don't see past my nose.

but...for all the hearts u shattered, u could at least giv. us normal

incidences...let's allow the mustache endowed chick speak likewise

if only she feels she's also a woman.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    hahahahha, i will bare with the mustache now. But one thing remains, NO HIPS. IF ONLY SHE HAD HIPS.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I'm fundamentally opposed to the idea of marriage on a moral and spiritual level.

On a more materialistic level, I suppose I could make an exception for a rich Canadian.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Well, if she marries you for riches, would you blame her if she left you when you get broke?
  • Marte Joahansen
    @ cool, u might get to see ladies wiv. faded mustache, noticeable titts...and. a

massive backside for an attachment...(Rio....Brazil)...

now wiv. the above info., please update @cool.

@ Dando Z...U just added the moral and spiritual view points to attain some type

of extremity.

I sympathize with your disdain but,on a materialistic level, women recognize the

fakers..."they just don't care"

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Sure, not to make jokes any more, wives at times can be an abyss of pain. I admire people that have been in marriage for years. Not saying that men do not have problems, but that is for the ladies to tell us now. Just been reading about Al Gore separating with the wife after 40 years. I have heard friends back home sleeping in their cars in the garages because the ladies are nagging.

Personally i would prefer understanding and communication. I would not mind the spiritual aspect of marriage. But i care about the moral aspect. A wife makes a man what he can be. If she is a bad lady, well the man is likely to get worse.

Material gains, ohh, i am lucky i am a church mouse.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Are you joking? I'm broke NOW. If SHE'S rich and Canadian, I might make an exception.

Nah, I don't think it's an extreme view at all. In fact that's the part that bothers me. Everyone thinks you're abnormal if you choose not to settle down, get hitched, and start a family. Lots of people don't do it for plenty of reasons. But if you choose not to, you're some kind of weirdo.
  • Marte Joahansen
    i dont think you are wierd for making that choice on the contrary,

i think it displays a sense of knowing exactly what you want which obviously most people dont .

they are constantly held captive emotionally by what people say or do. i think its always better to be the exception the the rule
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    But many marry because they have too. I am sure some men here would agree that they would better live a life of a hermit than marrying.

All in all, i also want a lady with some work and money. Not a house wife!!!!!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Well that's not to say that I want to be a hermit. I wouldn't rule out cohabitation completely.
  • Marte Joahansen
    cool posted

"All in all, i also want a lady with some work and money".

In other words, could this be the reason for your marriage

wiv. respect to the now...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    hahhahahaaa, one of them.
  • Marte Joahansen
    Ladies take note @ cool...

• Petter Meisfjordskar
  • Marte Joahansen
    ladies are still on the observe..refusal to comment...haha
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Reasons for marriage:
    1. Legally binding increased financial security (for a lower-income partner in a non-pre-nup marriage)
    2. Troublesome and and financially painful breakup increases the probability that offspring will have two parents around.
    3. You don't have your own mind, and your parents tell you that you have to get married and give them a grandson

Reasons against marriage
    Everything else.
  • Marte Joahansen
    the ladies also copy

u're being spied at...
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Marriage is retarded. It's a legal ball and chain. It ensures your partner will have a harder time getting away from you, which is a really, really pathetic way to start a life together. And the vows? My god....Til death do us part? In sickness and health? Shit happens. People change. People grow. Vowing (or promising) to be a certain way for the rest of your life with the same person is not only a recipe for disaster but comes with a great amount of guilt and resentment, which surely won't help your marriage last.

Marriage = Desperate
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am curious ...

Many people on this site claims that they want love (or just an excuse to find a sex partner, or many sex partners ... and yes, I have heard many stories of both men and ladies on this site) ... and yet so many people on this site oppose to the idea of marriage ...

... my question therefore, if you do find one that's worth spending your life with, would you just live with him (or her, or them?) or would you consider making it legal?

It seems to me ... most people (from this site anyway) have no faith or trust in relationship? Is that correct?

... and I think I am starting to see what this site is about ...
  • Simen Wangberg
    "It seems to me...most people (from this site anyway) have no faith or trust in relationship? Is that correct?...and I think I am starting to see what this site is about... "

It has less to do with this site and the people that frequent it and more to do with societal attitudes towards marriage/relationships changing over the last decade or so. People that do choose to get married are doing so later in their lives, and there's lots of people that are at least partially (in some cases completely) rejecting what is essentially an outdated, archaic institution.

Not to mention the continued prevalence/popularity of casual dating and open relationships. I'm seeing more of my friends in the West going this route lately, and I think it's slowly starting to become popular with some of the younger Chinese as well.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of very important legal benefits and advantages that come from getting married (tax breaks, hospital visitation, etc.) Were it not for these, I think a lot of folks could or would dispose of marriage entirely. Rebecca summed up most of my own arguments against marriage quite neatly.
  • Simen Wangberg
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    En, can you please educate us on what the site is all about? I think marriage at times just comes to people by accident. Many people marry even without love. I have seen this happen. These are people that are usually under pressure especially ladies that grow up in the homes of their families. Some get desperate because of age and end up bumping into whoever comes.
    However, can anyone tell us some 5 things good about marriage?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... COOL, when you said "you", did you mean "me"?

I am sorry that I am far from being qualified to educate anyone about anything, especially about this site, though I had noticed a lot of people here being "paranoid" (or completely revolted) about marriage, perhaps even long term relationship, but at the same time dont like to be alone ...

Yes ... I agree that people changes, and people grow apart with time, that's why friends can become enemies, and enemies becoming friends ... so "marriage" is just a piece of legal paper which cannot hold two people together, but people are still doing it for all sorts of reasons ... I do agree if people find the D thing too much trouble, provided your partner (or family or friends etc) does not push it, then marriage or no marriage, it's all secondary ... but when most people got married, they dont plans to have a divorce, right?

As for myself ...

Due to short life-span of most males in my family, plus the big bad scar on the back of my head, I did not want to get married, because I felt the pain of my mother when she became a widow ... but when I met my wife, the idea of "two pieces of puzzles" just clicked, and here I am ...

Hahahahaha ... seriously, I cannot think of one good reason for any of you to get married, leave alone 5 ... but as the general saying goes, there are millions of reasons not to get married, but you only need one to get married ...
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Yes people don't want to be "alone" because they're still desperate for gratification outsides themselves, which again, is a disasterous way to start a marriage. The only real "need" (on the topic of relationships) that can't be ignored is sex, and that's why I think open relationships are a great idea. I believe the ONLY way to start a marriage (if you want it to start smooth and not rocky and pray that you work through the rocks, only to find it smoothing out when you're older and it's much too late to enjoy the fruits of the marriage) is to completely live your life for you. Do not worry about meeting someone OR being alone. When you live a life where you let go of the notion that what others think about you matters, when you live a life honoring your body (by eating good food, drinking water and working out to maximize your fullest physical potential), when you live a life focusing on your own personal growth...then someone will come. Whether you want it or not. And it becomes an option, rather than a search from a place of desperation. ONLY then do you even have a close chance at having a successful and (keyword) HAPPY marriage.
  • Alexander Mostue
    hmmm.............marriage?ogress in ur view?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Now i go for exercise, KUNG FU.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.