Discussion » Travel » Travel to North Korea from Dandong of China

• Sabrina
    Sabrina wrote:
    North Korea is an interesting country to go traveling. But a lot of people don't have idea how to go traveling to North Korea. And some tourists found out that go traveling to North Korea is very expensive. But if you could find out some agencies in Dandong where is the city of China just Next to North Korea. You could found some agencies are much cheaper. Explore North Korea based in Dandong offer trip to North Korea for western tourists. Cost almost half of what other agencies ask.
    Dandong is also a good place for traveling. It is a very special city mixed with Chinese and Korean culture. From Dandong you can see Sinjuzhu the city in North Korea from the bank of the Yalu river on Chinese side.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I traveled to North Korea through a travel agency of Dan Dong last year. It's cheap for native Chinese, bit expensive for Hongkongnese and Taiwanese, more expensive for Europeans and most expensive for Americans.

Actually it's very easy and safe to travel there. The pity is that you can't go there freely (only possible through travel agencies) and the most important activity is to bow to their leaders' statues.

But I really like North Korea. Cities are super clean; people are very friendly and civilized especially to Chinese since we are their brother country, haha.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Maybe you're thinking of the journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee who were detained for crossing into North Korea without a visa.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Alright. Let's do it! There is a tour agency near my office that specializes in trips to North Korea. I'll go there when I have time and inquire about the wonderful opportunities that await us.

While there, we can do some reporting.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Will do. I mean, why not? The policies have loosened a bit in regards to Americans. (But I'm not sure if anything has changed since the recent snafu with the Better Korea).

And it'd be good to go while Dear Leader is still around. His light shall shine upon us.
  • Pete DeMola

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.