Discussion » Travel » Cheap and Best Place to apply for Z visa outside C

• Draven
    Draven wrote:
    I will travel outside China at the end of this month to apply for my Z visa, which place i can travel for applying? Traveling to Hong kong is quite expensive, How about Seoul? Its quite cheap to go there. has anyone applied for Z visa from Seoul?
    . wrote:
    Be careful of fake visa.
  • Undermoonlight
    If Hong Kong is expensive, I guess, Seoul should be not so cheap for you either...
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Don't go. Japan either. I'm assuming you're not a permanent resident of one of those two countries, of course. Maybe you can do it in Mongolia, but I don't know the logistics.
    Go to Hong Kong. There's a reason that everyone does it. What is expensive about it? Last time I went I took a round trip to Shenzhen for about 1400 RMB, and took the bus/subway to HK. Very convenient. When I went it was a couple thousand more to fly directly to HK, and I had time to kill, so...
    I'm curious about Macau as an option as travel there is quite convenient too, but I never hear of people doing it.
    By the way, when you request the issuance for your Z visa, you select the location to have it issued from, and I hear you may have problems if you don't pick the place you end up going.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yes, you CAN get your visa in Seoul.

I do it every year with zero problems.

And it's a fun city to kick back in for a week.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Yes ... if you want a more economic travel path, going to HK via SZ is a good option, but picking the right bus path (and company) from SZ airport can be "interesting", last time we did that, including waiting time, it took us about 9 hours ... I think the train might be better ...

I have not taken the flight to Macau before, my guess is that the cost would be similar to HK, but provided you are into gambling, you probably wont spend as much if you go to HK ...
  • №❶ Passioη
    If you want to avoid macau flight expenses, simply rather buy a return ticket to ZhuHai which is 2 times cheaper than a return ticket to Macau. From ZhuHai Airport, take bus 207 (only about RMB 8) to Macau border and walk through the immigration post into Macau, it is that easy.

However, Singapore is a bit far but where I did my first Z very conveniently. not a bad idea either
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    When i checked the return ticket to Hong Kong from Beijing it was almost 6200RMB. Maybe Transfer via Shenzhen is a good option.

I dont need visa to visit Hong Kong, but i do need to visit Seoul. Travel to Seoul is just 1800RMB. I am thinking about Taiwan aswell as i have a friend there :)

I just have a week to think about it :(

My company is sponsoring me to apply for visa so i need to travel and apply, or i can deal it through the agents here
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Pete, I've never tried Seoul, but my brother tried it last year and ended up with a 30 day tourist visa for his trouble, rather than the work visa he was going for... Something about that's all they'll give to non-residents, and you can't even go to the consulate to argue with them because it can only be done through agents...

And Taiwan... Don't they have to send off to HK for visas? (I'm guessing about this).

DD, 9 hours? I took the direct bus from SZ airport to Wanzai, and it took 2 hours from when I got off the plane. That's including the stopover at the border for immigration and another 15 minute stop along the way to change buses.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

6200 RMB for BJ <--> HK? Which airline? When? Did you check on MangoCity or Ctrip.com?

Ming ... 9 hours starting from BJ ... 2 hours prior check-in ... 3-hour flight to SZ ... then one hour bus (the scenic route, hahaha) ... one hour at SZ custom ... one hour wait for bus from SZ to 落马州... one hour at 落马州 (HK) custom ... then one last hour to the serviced apartment ... total 9 hours, or maybe more?

I think the problem was that we chose the wrong day and the scenic route was terrible ... next time we will try via 罗湖...

Yes .. I have concerns about the Taiwan choice ... HK and Macau are the safe bets ...
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet
    I was using skyscanner.net :S

Thanks 叮噹叔叔, in Ctrip.com its relatively cheap and travel to Hong kong via Shenzhen is the best way to save money on travel :)

Hi! Thorstan Fries, My company said they will refund me the visa fees, but they didnt talk about the travel allowances. Maybe becasue i'm still on internship and will be permanent in 2 months.

I cant speak Chinese :( been living here for about 3months (Shame on me),

so which is better option for me to travel from Shenzhen to Hong Kong?

Bus or train ?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I think the direct bus from SZ to wanchai district in HK (walking distance from the Chinese consulate) is a very painless route. It costs 100 RMB.

There is also a shuttle bus between the airport and the SZ subway, and you can take the subway all the way to Wanchai. This might save you half an hour and 30 RMB, but if you don't speak Chinese I'd be concerned about buses where you don't know what they're saying to you and aren't sure you're getting off in the right place.

I think Uncle D might have been suggesting a train from Beijing to Hong Kong though...

Also, if you're trying to save money and don't want to be in HK, you can do this all in 2 days (1 night). Get the earliest flight from PEK to SZ, and you should be able to get your papers filed rush (2nd day pickup) at the consulate before it closes for the afternoon. Pick your papers up the next afternoon and catch an evening flight back from SZ to PEK.

In HK you can file (as opposed to just pick up) in the afternoon. This is not the case in some other places (Thailand).
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... actually, I did try that once ... it was August 1982, 40 hour ride from Beijing to Guangzhou, being summer, the constant smell of ammonia along the train was very suffocating ...

... but no, I did not suggest that ... it's so sad being misunderstood ... *sob*

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.