Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » Kids Hurting Kids

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    We all know that kids are stupid and do sadistic things to each other. Hell, we still do even as adults: that's why the world is such a shithole.

In the latest in a series of alarmist false trend stories that have been increasingly popping up in the mainstream media, ABC news has reported on a wonderful new phenomenon in the United States called "sack tapping," in which young dudes covertly punch each other in the balls.

Really hard.

From the article:

In the game of "sack tapping" or "ball tapping," as it is called, a boy will try to slap or flick the groin of another boy to inflict discomfort or pain.

Nothing new there, but apparently there are hundreds of videos on YouTube of men and boys slapping their sacks around.

The article then goes on to explain that the punches have getting harder and harder over the years and interviews medical professionals and psychologists in the attempt to ascertain why men enjoy inflicting pain on their testicles, throwing around buzz words like "dominance" and "central organs."

One kid even had his right testicle amputated because it took such a huge hit.

Cool!

Here's my question:

What did you do as kids to hurt each other in the schoolyard?

As an American kid growing up in the mid-1990s, we did the following:

Wedgie
    Pull a kid's underwear up from the back with the intent of getting in stuck in his buttcrack.

Mercy
    Twist someone's arm around their head until they can't take it anymore and cry "Mercy!"

Gleeking
    This one's tough: kids who possessed the power of covertly shooting saliva from the back of their throats -- coating everyone and everything around them -- were kings of the schoolyard.

Packing
    This one really hurts: Hold the index and middle fingers together on your right hand, swing your wrist and thump kids in the forehead. If you do it correctly, you can leave a huge purple welt.

The "O" Game
    Make a small "o" using your thumb and forefinger and hold it below your waist. Alert another kid, and if they look at it, you get to punch them anywhere you want.

Sack Tapping
    See above.

I'm really interested in what kids from other countries -- especially China -- did to torment each other.

So talk about it!
  • Undermoonlight
    Asian kids are much milder probably...really don't have so much experience on this SPECIAL FIELD...We did Bruce Lee and Jacky Cheng a lot...I once fell on the ground when launching a scissor shadow feet strike to a cross-eyed black girl---she laughed realy hard, while I curled and tossed because of the pain...It was in Macao in the 1980s...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Under
    The mental imagery of that is awesome.
  • Simen Wangberg
    Sack tapping...there's some American ingenuity for you.

Hertz Donut
    Ask a friend if they'd like a "hertz donut" (helps if you have a brown paper bag or something similar - we're talking about elementary/junior high lunchroom type shit here). When they inevitably respond in the affirmative, you just smack them in the head/kick them in the balls/etc. and respond "HURTS, DON'T IT??". Dead simple.

Indian Burn
    This requires a certain level of trust (or idiocy, if you know your friend is prone to do these kinds of things to people). Grasp the victim's forearm with both hands, squeeze hard and twist both hands in opposite directions. This fucking sucks.

Waiting for one of our Japanese members to enlighten us with the fine tradition of kancho...
  • Daniel Westerberg
    hold out your hands, palms down, the other guy touch your palm with the index finger, then he tries to quickly smack you on the top of your hand, you need to try to prevent that and can't move your hands away if he dosn't move. if you loose, he can use his knuckles to smack you on the fingers.

spin a coin on the table, put your hand next to it, the other guy flips the coin on your hand. Can get pretty bloody if playing with someone who is "skilled"

since Sweden is covered in snow in the winter, pushing someone down in the snow and rubbing his face with it is something we enjoy :D

twist the skin of the arm.

rubbing the ears when it's cold outside.

just a few things I remember doing when I was a kid in school.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Ah, those are all good ones.

I forgot about the classic blowpipe pens, Indian Burns and Hertz Donuts.

Another one we used to do was the "spread-your-fingers-and-have-someone-quickly-stab-between-them-with-a-knife-thing."

We used to do the snow thing too, Daniel. It got really violent around early-March after the snow had been sitting there for several months and had since become full of gravel, stones and other assorted objects.

Nothing better than a rock-filled ice ball in the face.

I'm going to start going all of these again to random people on the street.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Finger killing:

2 people play, one has his hand with the palm facing the sky but only shows his index and middle finger. The other ones are closed. The other player has his hand in the same position and uses his 2 fingers to slap as hard as possible on the 2 fingers on the other guy. Then you exchange roles. The first one to stop because he can't handle the pain is a pussy!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    American males are relatively aggressive and violent. Most males feel the need to prove and exaggerate their masculinity through stupid macho games. It is rather funny because I never participated in any of those dumb games and I never fought as a youngster unless I really needed to (unless some dumb macho asshole felt the need to test me and make me feel like I was in real danger). I was always called a pussy and a sissy because of my unwillingness to fight and act like an idiot with those macho guys. When I see those guys now it seems that they are still macho idiots with criminal records and histories of violence.

I think war violence, the increased militant nature and prison industrial complex of American society is to blame. We glorify the soldiers who go to kill people, glorify the UFC fighter who is a thug from the street, but can beat the shit out of someone on national TV using minimal martial art principles, the boxer who only knows how to punch someone in the face or body, rapist NBA basketball players, violent movies, and sexual commodification of women.

Hmmm tone down the testosterone shall we?
  • Daniel Westerberg
    isn't driving that kind of bike a bit macho? :D
  • Simen Wangberg
    "isn't driving that kind of bike a bit macho?"

eheheheheh
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Turn out the lights and play "Who's in my mouth?"
  • Undermoonlight
    Disappointed...as the first Chinese responding to this thread, I thought I could attract some Chinese dudes (preferably, Beijingers) experienced in this field to share something with us, since it's very likely that I'm gonna raise my kid in Beijing...
  • Simen Wangberg
    Yeah c'mon, how are the Chinese kids torturing each other? These kind of pranks can hardly be unique to the West. Well, maybe.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    In high school, I invented a game called cock fencing, but it was less about striking than just grabbing and demonstrating that you could tap the sack if you wanted to. Thus it's a gentleman's sport.

Truly decisive victory in cock fencing requires you to "alpha male" your opponent. This means simultaneous three-point contact. Approaching your opponent from the side, you cup the balls with one hand, "check the oil" with the other hand, and bite the other dude's nipple.

That's how you win. I don't know what you win. But you win.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    That's how you win. I don't know what you win. But you win.

Come over here and clean my keyboard. But not with your oil. With computer-cleaning supplies.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I think you win a cameo appearance on the latest hit show "You Know You're Gay When..."
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Are you buying dinner?
  • Geekz
    Geekz wrote:
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Dando, I just saw your 19 week old post. ROFL. I'm going to have to take you off my force marriage list now though out of fear for my own safety.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.