Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » How do you manage your time table?

• Jack
    Jack wrote:
    Until now, its a big problem for me to mange my time and get some positive outputs in given span of time, but unfortunately I usually can't achieve my targets in given time. need your suggestions... People having "Time Management" as a study subject also the people who can think about it and practicing it in daily life will be highly appreciated here...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Manage your priorities ... and learn to say "no" ...
  • Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    @叮噹叔叔 : say "no" to people who haven't appointment with me? or you wanna say something else?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I assume that we all know the basics of priorities, what is urgent, what is important, also what is the "big picture" and all those crap ... so if we can live without any interruptions, our timetables would usually be OK ... however, most of us have a weakness called "being nice" ...

One thing I have noticed over the years, is people like asking for small favours ... these usually started with little tasks that might take a few minutes, and then like some flesh-eating aliens or monsters, they grow ... and grow ... and grow ... and if you dont learn to say "no", these kind of interruptions can eat up all your time ...

... and that's all I mean ...

Any well planned timetable should always allow mishaps, interruptions, accidents, as well as doing little favours for the sweet old lady in the office, or the sweet old lady who happens to be your wife (hahahaha, oops) ...

• Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    叮噹叔叔.. haha... I really like ur word, small favors..... thanks man...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Man, if you can get at 90% of it, then well done. Many do not even go beyond 10% of it.
  • Shaney
    Shaney wrote:
    Classify things into categories of the important and the urgent according to the goal that you wanna achieve. Then give your priority to the important most of the time.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Look into the "Getting Things Done" model
  • Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    @cool: u r right man, most of us are really unable to stop doing"small favors" for ladies.. but still should have a try....actually it's only one aspect of time management.

@JonGu: actually I am already following ur suggested way but still need more innovative way...

@Shaney: Thanks..

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I have a weekly time-table taped to my door(8 hours of classes, 2 hours of violin, 2 hours of Chinese, 4 hours of gym...so on). I don't follow it too well, but the thought is there!
  • Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    Daniel, your way sounds cool.. daily targets at your entrance door.. yes, its really good idea.thanks man.
  • Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    thanks everyone for your nice words and time..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.