Discussion » Technology » ipad or kindle

• Ge
    Ge wrote:
    i like reading e-docs on notebook, but it's not convenient. so, i decide to buy a ebook reader like kindle. i found ipad is another good alternative.

can anyone who's used them share ur experience here?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Depends what you do with it. e-ink is a lot easier to read than a glowing LCD screen, so if you use it more than 90% of the time for reading, then definitely ebook reader. If you need all the other functionality, iPad for sure.

Personally, I'm waiting for Android tablets to come out.
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    Thanks first!

I think iPad actually is an iPhone with a new big screen, which is a battery consumer. So, kindle should be my choice this time.

One thing for sure, Android tablets or iPad may be the future of personal computer.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
    There's a Chinese knock off of kindle that's identical but won't cost you $500.
    And there are a number of companies coming out with color e-reader E-Ink or lcd technology that surpass the current kindle technology by a good many years. Reaction time over 15 changes per second, and comparable battery life. I'd hold out for newer technology unless you really just have a lot of money and only want to read books. I'm illiterate myself so I wouldn't consider a kindle at the moment, and I have an ipod, so I don't really know why I'd want a huge one.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    AL, can Kindle access to other sites besides amazon using 3G ?? I know Nook has WiFi function that's very useful.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

The ipad is just horrible for reading stuff. But you get a bigger screen.

Kindle is a lot better for reading but I find the screen to small, and the support for pdf documents is just plain horrible. So for me, I'll just wait!

• alexi f.
    alexi f. wrote:

i have a kindle but dont really use it!  Have an iPad too and read a lot on it! much more convenient since i can get vpn on ipad recently

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.