Discussion » Gaming » What are you playing? (PSP)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I seem to have played most of the decent strategy RPGs for the PSP. My personal favorites: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, R-Type Command, and Disgaea.

I heard Jeanne D'arc was good, but I stopped playing because something about the interface really annoyed me. Does it get better soon?

Please give me some suggestions. There's nothing for me to do here in TEDA.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Download an old school NES emulator if you're not a video game elitist.

We all have those and used to spend stupid amounts of time playing Mario Brothers, Double Dragon, Castlevania and shit like that.

You can pick up a PlayStation controller with a USB jack for like, 20 RMB.

In fact, after I get done with today's workload, I'm going to tune out and try and finally beat Castlevania III. It's tougher than a son of a bitch, but all I got is time, baby.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Hats off to you, man. The old Castlevanias were hard as fuck. Symphony of the Night and its GBA/DS successors are boss, though. It's like Samus Aran was attacked by a vampire while she was carrying Richter Belmont's baby. With some RPG elements tacked on. Woot.

But yeah I used to emulate NES, SNES, and Genesis games with my old desktop computer. It was especially nice for the old Final Fantasy games that hadn't yet been localized in the US.

What I prefer are new takes on retro games. Fuck Street Fighter IV. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are phenomenal 2D fighting games. But I don't know anyone who plays them.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yeah, Symphony for the Night was great. Lots of stoned nights spent with buddies tackling that shit. Plus the soundtrack rocks, too.

I'm going to form a Nintendocore band that covers tracks from Castlevania and Faxanadu alongside original material and Bad Brains covers.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I've seen Chinese people square off at PC-emulated King of Fighters '99 using the same laptop keyboard, even executing Desperation moves with the arrow keys. That's just sick as hell.

But hacked handhelds are ideal for classic gaming. I never played Faxanadu. Guess it's time to give that one a try.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Bump.

I'm trying Jeanne D'Arc again. I guess playing just one battle wasn't enough for me to say whether it was good or not.

Has anyone else ever tried using a PSP for emulation? I know that PlayStation games are pretty straightforwardly easy to repackage as PSP games. What about NES, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive, NeoGeo, etc.?
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

DD tactics, essential for develop patience and waste your eyes

.... one question,....someone of you has finished super mario bros 2 (nes)?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

D&D Tactics got horrible reviews. I'm a sucker for strategy RPGs, but is it worth my time?

I'll check out Ys. Never tried any of the other games in the series, but I know it's been around for a while.

I'm just finishing Valkyria Chronicles 2. I don't know what it was like on the PS3, but the portable version leaves a lot to be desired. The class promotion system sucks hard and requires way too much grinding.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.