Discussion » Music » RAP/HIP HOP CULTURE

• COOL 凉快
    COOL 凉快 wrote:
    Is there a club that we can create a rap / hip hop culture and we mix songs from old hip hop to new hip hop? I have not found a club that plays hip hop. We can create a theme night for hip hop and rap. I and Yes Sir will get to the wheels.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Obiwan (Xihai Lake) has some solid hip hop nights (with Markie Royale manning the decks), while Dao (Xizhimen-area) delivers just about every night, I think.

But doesn't every big box club (MIX, VICS, Babyface and two dozen others) at least crank hip pop (yeah, I said hip pop every night?

I'm confused at what you guys actually want to do.

If you want a create a night revolving around only classic and genuine hip hop, then you may have a chance at success. But if your plan is to spin mainstream flavors of the week like Akon, Lil Wayne and whoever else mixed with a few old school bangers, then, well, that idea probably won't get off the ground because Beijing is over-saturated with that kind of shit.

Here is Beijing's best English-language (only?) hip hop blog. School yourselves. It's run by a friend of ours, Xiao Bizzle, and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction if you fire off an email or something.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    ohh, thanks man. Let me get at him right away. I mean the classic hip hop, so you can check the list of singers i named in "who is the best" thread and get a clue on the type of hip hop i am talking about.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Alright. Good luck with that.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Can you get me the real website and probably the email address man?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Website is linked above and you can probably find contact information somewhere on the site. If not, do a friend search for "Xiao Bizzle" on this website and send him a private message or something.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.