Discussion » Nonsense » How to get rid of an obsession?

• 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    I am sure it is not love, I am just obsessed with the situation that I don't want to see him with another woman.

How should I get rid of it and move on?
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    or should I post this in love & romance...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Find another target :)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    yeah, replace your obsession with a new one
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    I really love to
    but it takes me forever to find a replacement!

other suggestions?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Turn him into a frog ... I got the idea from another thread ...

Read a book ... watch a Korean TV series drama ... and be obssessed with any or all of the guys inside the story ...

... but I am curious ... what is it about him that brought on such obssession?
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    ...you don't recognize me?

I just changed the name and profile image
    we used to talk a lot.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    thanks Thorstan,

but that's not enough! I need a hard hit!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hmmm ... me? or Saibo? I did not find me in your guestbook, nor you in my guestbook, so, I am sorry, I dont recognise you ...
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    he knows I resent it, he thinks that's none of my business, now they are getting closer
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    Now I scare of seeing them together...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Oh ... hahahaha ... I do know you ...

I thought you two were going to start dating or something? Did you call him last week like I had told you?
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    no. and I don't want to talk about this anymore...I just want to move on
    he is nothing but pain
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Yes ... but the pain will persist if you cannot move on, and at the moment, you cannot move on ... by the way, love this new haircut :)
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    hmm right
    that seems to be the only way
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    sucks!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

If you are still obssessed with him like we had discussed ... and you cannot find another target, my suggestion is to find something else to occupy your mind, things like shopping would usually help ... as well, drugs, and plenty of it, or start making a REAL career plan and concentrate on it ... you cannot be wrong if you start doing things for yourself, instead of another person ...
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    hmm I am going to a shrink tomorrow.

I am not obsessed with him, I am just obsessed with the whole thing
    how can it go so wrong?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It seems you lost sight of your own reality somewhere along the way ... you thought he liked you, but in fact, he might just be trying to be friendly ...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Just get a look at my picture. Some good guys there. Though they got me out the my hole. But remove this pic of yours. It pierces the LION in here.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    trust me,just stop thinking about it
    he is not good enough for u yet
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    The best way to get over a guy is to get under another.

Or, try to replace him with something very similar. As Ben Elton said "I went to my doctor and said 'Doctor, I'm addicted to lager'. So he pissed in my mouth. Now I'm addicted to doctor's piss and it's a lot harder to come by."

I hope that's useful.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    The funny thing is that she has absolutely no logical reason to like this guy. The frustration only comes from the rejection. If she got him, she'd dump him real quick cuz the dude sounds like kind of a tool, but then I'm only getting one side of the story. Actually, it's more like tool vs crazy girl and it's a lot better that they never get together in the first place.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Pomegranate,
    I lol'd hard. +1
  • Amalie Sæverud
    enjoy the obsession! don't try to get rid of it! you will miss the feeling when you find yourself hardly get any interests for anyone!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Nikkiebaby, this is probably the only thing you have posted on the forum that I actually agree with. I love that feeling and when you win, sometimes you wish you were still chasing instead. But I'm kind of insane.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    once u get rid of it u will find life even more boring without the obsession.
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    I recommend you transfer your obsession to me. I'm free and I've always kind of wanted a stalker. You can send me creepy messages and hang out near my apartment but not say hello. I promise not to call the police.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    @Ethan
    obsession doesn't come easy
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Transfer obsession to other persons, can function if you the new object of your obsessions is not a copy, because where there is a copy there is a original, you always will see the original in the copy and remembering that you can not have the original.

Begin a life of sexual depravation, also can be a good solution for relief the situation, but not for cure the problem. But is very very ok. Cojonudo!!!!!!!

pride hurt is a bad thing. You can do:

a) kill the pride, in the path of budism zen :P
    b) Pick a good friend, talk about the situation, and together try the find the funny , ironic, cynical face of your situation or your attitude.... rage or laugh can erase many things, they can transmute emotions in others. You can see the childish point and overcome it.
    c) Pick a photo of him, and remember all the bad things about him, all the bad moments and shabi moments, and focus, associated with those feelings his image. twice daily for 5 minutes with this little ritual of hate (like in ¨1984¨). Then when you think about him, you will have a pretty mix of feelings.
    Then in the balance of affects in your mind, you will have a chance. mechanics of feelings, only a feeling can defeat other feeling, not reasons in this battle.

Other ways: drugs, travel, spend time in this forum :P
  • Jojo G
    Jojo G wrote:
    ....try to have a makeover of yourself...
    .......try new things that suits your lifestyle....
    ..........spend more time with your family and friends....
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Write really bad fucking poetry about your obsession, like I do.

Post it in your blog and you might even earn a pity fuck.
  • Amalie Sæverud
    yeah, good choice, Dando, turn your ex to literature, but you know not everyone have your fucking talent! :) what about turn your obsession and ex to a big slang show? ha that will be much easier!
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    yell to it....that's the only solution.

somhow we will just feel tired or get bored from all obsession utimately.
  • Saina
    Saina wrote:
    Ummm...two ways:

1. Start a relationship with him, u will start to get bored of him in a few months.

2. Sleep with him, if u r sure u don't like him, u won't want to see each other again within three times.

If any of u are able to prentend to be a horrible love-maker u could get it done on 12 hours.

• Christian Jacques, Photography
    Heard about NLP ? ( Neuro linguistic programming ) Use swosh patterns :
    Find an image you dream about ( Island with sea side beach, Ice cream, ...whatever you like..)
    Each time you are thinking about him, try to see his image smaller and smaller and the image you like bigger and bigger ( exchange mentally those two images.. his image becoming smaller and smaller - the image of what you like becoming bigger and bigger ) This is switching the patterns...and progressively the image will be at its normal size, not the size of an obcession...
    NLP can stop many bad thinkings such as be scared of flying, smoking too much, or obcessional love..
    try it .. it works !!
    cheers and good luck , Chris

• №❶ Passioη
    watch the movie "obsessed", you may learn something.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    Ethan wrote:
    Posted 2 days ago
    I recommend you transfer your obsession to me. I'm free and I've always kind of wanted a stalker. You can send me creepy messages and hang out near my apartment but not say hello. I promise not to call the police.

_________that's a good suggestion
    tell me your address hha
  • Simen Stensvoll
    if u really love somebody,the disgusting part can be cute in ur eyes too
  • Amalie Sæverud
    Could obsession be contagious? You can pass it to me! I don't care! I miss the feeling already ! ;) haha
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    hmm I am feeling better once I started no seeing my obsession.

it seems that avoiding the subject works.
  • G
    G wrote:
    time cures...
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    Haha, OK. I live over near Fuchengmen, on Zhanlan Lu. There is a noodle restaurant right across from our main gate. You could hang out there all day hoping to catch site of me entering or exiting campus. If I see you I will quickly look away and pretend I didn't notice. If you see me, you will hide or run away. Sound good?
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    sounds cool.

you need to provide detailed features of yourself.
    I don't want to stalk the wrong guy.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    i got it
    Ethan
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    Oh oh, wait, have I attracted two stalkers? I was originally trying to help 芝芝 out, but now Minimy seems to be on board. This is ironic -- when it rains, it pours. I'm not sure if I can handle two stalkers, but I'll try my best. :)

芝芝 , I've got 89 pix up on my profile, many of which contain me in them. So if you stalk the wrong guy, I'd say your stalking skills need a lot of practice.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    maybe Minimy and me can do the shift
    I do the day and she/he? does the night?
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    Hahaha, very clever. Then you can compare stalker notes when you change shifts, so none of my movements go unobserved. Good plan.
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Make peace with your situation before you "move on". Finding a replacement will just bring the same kind of situation right back to you. You cannot attract (non-physical) good people into your life if you're desperate for company. Love yourself and the rest will fall into place. Solitude is a sure-fire way to get back on track.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    why "Solitude is a sure-fire way to get back on track". ?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.