Discussion » Music » Rock band in Beijing looking for musicians

• Gordon Gekko
    Gordon Gekko wrote:
    Hi dudes. Just arrived in Beijing. I had a band in Jinan.
    Here are the songs we recorded: www.myspace.com/rockinjinan
    I'm looking for:
    a singer (for french / english songs)
    a guitarist
    a bass
    a drumer
    any other instruments are fully welcome
    objective: weekly practice & monthly show

thanks for ur comments, advice and reply

my cell phone 134 663 656 74
    my email dhk7758-bd@yahoo.fr
  • Michelle Platt
    does someone know any place to practice and record in Beijing?
  • Simen Wangberg
    "does someone know any place to practice and record in Beijing?"

Go to Xinjiekou Nandajie (off of Ping'anli subway station on Line 4) - it's a whole street full of music stores. A lot of them have fliers for rehearsal spaces; the hourly rates are generally pretty good and a lot of them provide drum kits/amplifiers for rental as well.
  • Michelle Platt
    Astaroth; Thanks for ur advice. yes I'm interested in ur studios plan; raging mob u said?
    Mike; Thanks for ur post; I have been there; that's true they have lot of equipment. Right now Im just looking for a place to practice. I dont know what is the rate there. In jinan it was RMB30/hr...
    for recording I 'll see later
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Hook up with some people from Tongzhou: Lots of cheap rehearsal spaces, apartments and musicians.

If you're still building a network here in Beijing, just go to a show at MAO Live House, D-22 and the dozen-or-so other live music venues in the city and start chatting up musicians, sound guys, bar staff, etc.

• Michelle Platt
    does anyone is able to sing and play guitar?
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    i like ur music,...i know a really good guitarist,,but he is old and live in xiamen.
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    ur song -- Atterrissage Eminent ...the beginning solo part make me to recall Lynyrd
    Skynyrd 's Sweet Home Alabama.
  • Joachim D. Jensen
    hai i can play guitar, not sure about the singing ^^
    fyi, there are a lot of recording and jam places in the gulou area... check it out

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.