Discussion » All non BJ languages » Bad recruiters, placements, experiences

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    If you have had the run around or been burned or found some asshole in the English business. We need to have a central place to list it all to warn others.

Johnson, the recruiter from hell, is going down.

this mo fo has burned many but not me. and i vow to make sure this bastard dies.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    A note: Make sure you google every phone number and email included in all posts on most jobs, because often times you will find very negative reviews within the first 10 pages of results
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    You know I think I saw a comment about your "Johnson" fellow on the Beijinger a year or so ago. Keep your warning ads in with the job posts, and I guess people will be aware. No substitute for google though; remember to use it, or live with the results.
  • Simen Wangberg
    "we are taking these fuckers out of business."

As long as there are foreigners willing to come over here and take it up the ass from these people (and there are), they will continue to stay in business. Probably for a long time. I'm sure you're itching to take vengeance against whatever recruiter(s)/agent(s) screwed you or whatever, but honestly...that's a fight that isn't really worth much effort.

Nothing wrong with posting reviews or warnings or whatever, but do keep in mind that a lot of these guys have been operating for years, and will continue to turn a (healthy) profit no matter how many bad things are written about them on the Internet.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Can someone explain to me the hate aimed at recruiters? I know that some do lie through their teeth to get you here by any means possible, but all of my experiences with recruiters have been fine as long as you remember that they're not your mother, they're not your boss, they're just trying to get something from you and you shouldn't rely completely on the information they give you.

I don't really get how a recruiter can screw you over if you do enough things for yourself.

And this coming from someone that had a terrible job in Korea and chose to leave rather than stick out the contract I'd got via a recruiter.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Daniel, I agree with you. I came here with a recruiter and it wasn't a bad experience. My problem with them is that they don't really serve any purpose. they are are parasites feeding off the ESL business. There is no need to go through a recruiter when you contact the school directly. You might even get a better deal, since you are cutting out the middle man.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Just pay someone to meet him at his car in a dark parking lot and give him a friendly reminder not to fuck people over...... maybe he will consider it....
  • Nathaniel Boyle

a simple rule i always follow.

before going to an interview i ask

1)what is the location of the classes?

2)what is the exact time of classes?

3)how much do you pay per hour?

if they can't give u a direct answer to these then ur obviously dealing with a johnson

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.