Discussion » Technology » Where can I buy a 3G prepaid simcard?

• Wu Tao
    Wu Tao wrote:
    Hey,

I'm using my iPhone with a China Mobile prepaid card. The internet is horrible slow and that's why I want to get a China Unicom prepaid card which allows me to surf on 3G.

Do you have any plans where I can get in Beijing? And how much do I have to pay?

Thanks
    Tao
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Did you try in any of the China Unicom stores that you find almost anywhere?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Can't you get that in like ALL the stores in the street?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Stupid question ... are you sure C Unicom would be faster than C Mobile?

Here's the official C Unicom page ... I cannot find the English one, but I think you can guess from the numbers?

http://3g.10010.com/3gindex/card_money.html

Hope that helps ...

Ans: Aurélien ... no!

• Valery
    Valery wrote:
    Kathy, you're useless!

To the rest: Of course you can buy a 'normal' Unicom card almost everywhere. But I don't know if the normal card will do it... Which card exactly I need?
    And yes, I'm sure Unicom provides faster Internet for the iPhone!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Yes China Unicom will be faster than China Mobile if you have the right phone. There are many 3G standards right now:

TD-CDMA which is the standard 3G outside of China
    TD-SCDMA which is the chinese 3G
    and WCDMA which is also called 3G+ and is faster than the 2 others.

China mobile only provides the chinese 3G which does not work with the iPhone so you'll be left with 2G.
    China Unicom provides with 3G+ in Beijing but only inside the 4th ring or so, so you'll be left with 2G outside of that.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... telling someone that her post is useless, it is in itself very useless ... why not be a gentleman and just say something like "Kathy, thank you for not helping, dont do it again though, ciao" ...
  • Valery
    Valery wrote:
    Thank you Saibo. Since I live on the 5th ringroad, I won't get the card.

Best, Tao

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.