Discussion » Nonsense » even bigger event!

**** wrote:
    why are the streets so empty in a country were people are supposed to be very happy and why people keep closing themselves in huge bunkers with internal sounds reflection and lights deficiency, also life-support difficulties?!

don't get me wrong i like to go in club and dance but when i go to sanlitun and i see this Spanish-style courtyard next to 3.3 i can't stop myself thinking why don't people go have fun inthe streets where thgere is place, air and lot's of things to do why is there no canicval in this damm city.
    sanlitun should be full of people in the streets instead of going to the low quality protitutes providing,tourist attracting, ears hurtings karaoke bar!

wouldn't you like the idea of a general area with mad peoples craving for crazyness in a endless ride to overjoy like you can't have in self-confined club?
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Nobody comment you regarding this thread?Okay,let me be the 1st nice one to second you. And yet I dont have the answer to the point till I finally get myself at sanlitun =)
    **** wrote:
    yes, seems like the people here are only interested in clash between chinese and foreigners, big boobs, sex and others.
    thanks for supporting me, and if you does go to sanlitun i'll recommend you this place next to 3.3 i talked about it's totally spanish-mexican style very nice with a lot of bars and restaurants
  • Undermoonlight
    Talk to the governing body of the Sanlitun Community...I'm sure you'll get your answer...myabe an unexpected one...
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Lol... my Chinese buddy just got back from sanlitun, he took his dubai buddy there for some business and to see the expo. They were in a bar, and an undercover white guy came up and started asking all sorts of weird questions about tibet and nationalism and shit, about 10 minutes later an investigator came, took down their passport numbers, telephones, all other information. Before he went away he left them with one quote, "Remeber, China is not free"

Heard that story first had playing pool last night, surprised me a lot.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    And as for the topic: Standing outside drinking street beers doesn't provide any obvious way for rich people to distinguish themselves from others and therefore make it easier to get women. I used to have a buddy who went to the clubs frequently, he would have his friend who worked there put a 5L bottle of chivas on his table (unopened) just so it appeared he had money, meanwhile we would drink the little 1L bottles, haha
    **** wrote:
    true, but you have to admit that theh adrenaline is a lot stronger if people were to making party in a street altogether rather than in one stuck place
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    "They were in a bar, and an undercover white guy came up and started asking all sorts of weird questions about tibet and nationalism and shit, about 10 minutes later an investigator came, took down their passport numbers, telephones, all other information. Before he went away he left them with one quote, "Remeber, China is not free" "

Shane, I don't quite understand your story. Why did "an undercover White guy" ask them questions about "Tibet and nationalism and shit", and then "an investigator" (a Chinese officer? ) "took down all information" and said " Remember, China is not free"

What did that mean??? It's so weird. I never heard this kind of story.

Is that common in China? Any foreigner who has similar experience? Please be honest.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I'm highly suspicious of the authenticity of your friend's story.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    @ maria
    Well, all I can tell you is he is one of the most decent people I know in China, and he had absolutely no idea to lie to me about this. You are free to doubt, though, "this forum is free" I would never lie about something like that unless it was true

Why a white guy? Probably because it paid 20 kuai more than a good english teaching job.

@Alban
    Just wait there will be more and more people in the streets as the weather gets better.
    Its a lot less smokey in the streets too, which i like
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Shane, sorry about doubting your friend's story. As a Chinese, when I see signs showing "backwardness of this country", my first reaction would be always "No way! It can't be true! How could that happen?" even though it only proves that how naive I am for many times...
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Yeah that is a very dirty way to manage peoples ideas about China.... In the US we call that entrapment.... People should not try to lure people into talking about nationalism, tibet, xinjiang, dali lama or anything like that. Insecure little pricks haha...... If things are peaceful why would you want to flare up conversations about topics like that? Wow some people amaze me with their stupidity sometimes....
    **** wrote:
    there are so stupid because they are used to close themselves in confined places, if there were to have party outside they would have a truthfull joy and no frustration and their brains would ne healthy because of the oxygen provided!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.