Discussion » Music » Deftones - Diamond Eyes

• 袜子
    袜子 wrote:
    Anyone check out the new Deftones record yet? Holy fuck it is pretty awesome. I guess I'm not the most impartial judge, as they are one of my personal faves - but dang it is some good stuff. Yup. I think they are probably one of the only interesting/innovative bands in the mainstream (READ: mainstream) metal "scene" right now, but then I've also been pretty disconnected from that since moving over here.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Deftones are awesome!!!
  • AL DI
    AL DI wrote:
    I might bring them to China soon .
  • Simen Wangberg
    "I might bring them to China soon."

WHAT. WHAT. SHUT UP. ?!?!??? Holy shit man. Or woman. Or whoever you are. That would be...I don't even know what that would be. Words fail me. DO IT!!!!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Don't jinx it, Al Di.

Keep it on the down low until you actually confirm them. We're so used to disappointments, it would be supremely unfair if the rumor mill churned away for months and didn't result in anything.

New record is great, by the way.
  • Simen Wangberg
    Yeah, actually, about an hour after I read that I was like "...hmm. Deftones in China. That'll be the day." Although, if Peaches can make it here...
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Cus back in school, we are the leaders...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I'm listening to this now for the first time and the sun is slowly coming up and it's amazing.

What a great band and record. I knew that this one would continue their streak of combining those churning, moody waves of melody with that instantly-recognizable brand of staccato aggression. With each and every LP, they've always struck the right balance between maintaining their sound and evolving -- which is something that very few recording artists have ever pulled off.

I saw them in Summer '03 in support of their fourth effort (the self-titled one) and was astonished at how amazingly-brutal they still were.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Downloading now :-) Here's some other new albums you should check out:

LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

The Black Keys - Brothers
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yep, got both of those already. James Murphy said that "This Is Happening" is likely his last release under the LCD Soundsystem banner.

And if you're into LCD, check out the rest of the bands on his label, DFA Records:

The Juan Maclean, Holy Ghost!, Hercules and Love Affair, YACHT and Hot Chip are some of the more well-known artists.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.