Discussion » Music » Does Beijing have a hiphop culture and if so why d

• Edy Stedman
    Edy Stedman wrote:
    Bring back the Bboy, bring back the MC, caus all this shit sounds the same to me!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Beijing does have a hip hop scene, albeit not as publicized as the rock scene.

Our buddy Xiao Bizzle does a good job covering it with his blogYou Call That Hip Hop?

Fo' shizzle, bizzle.
  • Nils Nilsen
    Nils Nilsen wrote:
    What up man?? MUCH RESPEKT FOR THE TOPIC!!! Where can i listen to xiao bizzles music or any other MC in Beijing and greater China's Music???

Does Beijing have a battle scene?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Ohh, now you talk of HipHop, is there a club where they play, Snoop, Easy E, 2pac, Jayz, Nasil Jones, Biggie, Zane, Mary J, EVE, Busta Busta, Crisscross, Born Jamericans, A tribe called quest, Naughty by nature, Salt and paper, Soul 2 soul, Soul for Real, Organized noise, Da Brat, Foxy Brown, Eminem etc?
    I will be grateful if anyone directed me. Or who knows a club that offers guest Djaying?
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Nasir Jones right?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Yea man. He calls himself Nas. See him on my pic?
  • Nils Nilsen
    Nils Nilsen wrote:
    @ Cool. Man those are some intense groups and artists you dropped there. ORGANIZED NOISE, A TRIBE and so on.. But are there clubs that play these greats?
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Seems you like good music. Try checking out Murs, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Del The Funkee Homosapien, Cypress Hill

Some of my favourite artists

Def check out Murs highly under rated
  • Nils Nilsen
    Nils Nilsen wrote:
    Yeah i know all those.. Mursjust came out with a new album.. Try one Be lo..
    Murs is aight its just he runs away from the well constructed beat sometime with thoughts which dont even fit the concept!

RESPEKTA THE SELEKTA
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Murs new album isnt that too great, i personally dont like it so much. Murs for President, Murray's Revenge and Murs 3:16 are great albums tho! My fav's. Never heard of One Be Lo I will check some of his stuff out. Thnks
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Make to hit up Markie Royale's "Battle Royale" series for some genuine hip hop here in Beijing. He usually spins at Obiwan several times a month.

You can read a guest column he wrote for this website here.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.