Discussion » Technology » Human activities and global warming: unrelated?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Tons of buzz related to global warming in recent years, making the issue seems so significant, and the point of view that it is excessive and improper human activities that result in global warming is overwhelming.

However, some of my friends told me another version: 1) global warming is not that disastrous actually, and 2) global warming is mainly a result of periodic solar activity and some other "mighty" factors, activities of human beings is just an "infinitely small" in such a case. And they do provide me some data as evidence, and these data seems persuasive.

Is there anyone who got quite a insight in such an topic, or just interested in? I really want to know more about it, coz if the version my friends told me is right, too many notions will change: international politics, Kyoto Protocol, new energy, automobile, relationship between developed and developing countries, vegetarianism...

Share your knowledge and point of views

同时欢迎中文回答
  • wrote:
    As for Copenhagen Summit, it intended to trap China and other major developing countries and was a politically designed conspiracy.

New energy is absolute trend for energy industry and human being. Fossil fuel caused many problems for this world, such as pollution, oil war and danger of energy depletion.

The cause of global warming, it is a very professional scientific question, i don't know.
    But i believe it is more a political question than a scientific problem.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I do think depletion of fossil fuel is a big problem, as it's still the main energy resource of us as so far, and it causes pollution. But, is there anything to do with the "greenhouse effect"? What's the main concern of Copehnhagen Summit? Pollution or Global warming. I got a feeling that many people usually mix these to concepts.

Ahhh...when will fussion power become practical...
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I would rather breath clean air, stay on the safe side and not be doing something that may be the cause of the rapid climate changes we are experiencing now, not have days so hazy in Beijing and other big cities that it feels like I am breathing in thick air, I would definitely not want to speed up natural cooling or heating processes of the Earth because if I am not mistaken, I believe that has been the cause of mass extinctions in the past...... Hmm I think it is better to stay on the safe side...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Agreed that pollution will kill us long before global warming. Did you guys see the news of the latest oil rig explosion and subsequent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? What a clusterfuck... spilling out 5000 barrels a day of oil and what is the solution? Razing it all on the ocean surface.

We need better battery technology and need to greatly increase the worlds nuclear capacity. It's the only realistic and clean answer to the power problem.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.