Discussion » Nonsense » I'd hate to say this but.....

• John
    John wrote:
    There are simply two worlds that exist: one for poor men and one for the better off. That's just the way it is. If your parents didn't play their cards right before you came into the world you're just fucked and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it unless you're willing to do what it takes to come up on some cash pretty quickly.

If you're a man not born with a silver spoon then there are two words you need to remember: revenue and expenses. You want to keep your revenue up and your expenses down. If you're not able to do so then you can pretty much kiss your healthy social life goodbye. Even the poor get sick of being poor and too much Jesus can be a bad thing.

Women don't care about what you do in life, they care about your ability to entertain them and although they're far from the brightest economists when it comes to intellect, they know that it takes..............money!

I hope this thread will help a few guys out there put things into perspective. I agree that no man should be a coward but it doesn't hurt to RUN.....especially when your expenses are eating up your revenue! It's a guaranteed path to self-destruction. So, if you're a foreign dude in the Jing or overseas and the shit is just not working out, please ask yourselves WTF are you doing in a foreign country to begin with! If you love the culture that's cool, but even locals will shit on you if they know your pockets are hurting. They've been wanting to get at foreign men for quite some time and a broke foreigner is an easy target as the locals can hide behind their own nation's laws if you get "upset".

There's a lot more I can say but I don't want to come off as extremely offensive so I'll keep it here. A lot of you guys know what I'm talking about and will get the picture. At the end of the day, its all about money. If you're working hard for that degree, just make sure its for the right reasons as you'll be working hard for sloppy seconds dressed up as sugar and spice and everything nice! It sucks knowing that what it took four years to get another dude got by having the right set of car keys.

It is what it is! You want 100% dignity and respect? Go home! Don't fool yourselves!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    pms? It sounds like your pissed off that a girl you were into hooked up with a rich guy? Sucks for you, but not all girls are gold diggers. Definitely takes a small basis of stability though unless you're dating girls with funds who are handing down the silver spoon. (I recently heard there are a lot of foreign guys living in China by providing services to these kinds of women).
  • John
    John wrote:
    Not at all buddy. I guess you assume I'm the loser type?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... John, if you need that talk ...

However, I think what you had said, can also be addressed to the Chinese guys too, though I agree that foreigners are often expected to have more RMB in their pocket ... there are gold diggers in China, but there are also gold diggers in Europe, American, even Africa ...

Some guys are born suckers for coughing up their life savings to impress the opposite sex, and some girls are ruthless when they want to "suck" a sucker dry ...

Back in Australia, I have seen this happened to at least one Chinese guy trying to court a Chinese girl, and it was obvious that the girl wanted to bleed the guy dry ... he'd got her some gifts, and he woke up soon enough to realise that she was more interested in his money ...

So ... I agree with John here ... Don't fool yourselves!
  • John
    John wrote:
    I was looking back at how my life played out and it was hard to believe that it was me (the same person) at different points. Same guy, different situation....different results! Just thought I'd save some guys some time and mental anguish! I'm sure there are quite a few regulars here that wonder why things never work out for them. Or why one day they're on top of the world and the next day nobody seems to know they exist.

It's all about money! This time around it wasn't even my intention to label anyone a gold digger, just wanted to have fun with a simple fact....

Seriously though, like Uncle echoed....

DON'T FOOL YOURSELVES!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    John: Didn't mean to offend (ok, I did a little with the pms crack). It just seemed that that was a very targeted rant without a lot of context behind it.
    It looks like you're talking specifically about relationships working out with women, and I definitely think there are a lot of factors that make up the difference independent of money.
    Unless you're talking about relationships between locals, in which case you may need a 老婆本 :-p (that means a house for her parents to live in, if you don't read Chinese).
  • John
    John wrote:
    I'm not offended, I don't even know why I wrote about it but I felt the need nonetheless. My relationships have been quite good with the Chinese ladies as I'm fluent in written and spoken and happened to have attended some of the better Chinese unis in Shanghai and Beijing. I've been in Japan and I currently live in Korea. That said, I see similarities amongst women in general and just felt like I should write what I wrote. I wanted some of the less experienced guys to think about what they're doing with their lives to see if its really worth it.

I love women to death but the game is still the game and we can't be good for everybody! So instead of trying to be so, its better to understand WHY situations play out the way they do at times. I agree that money is not the most important thing out there. Yet, as men, we're providers by nature but we fail to realize just how important money is and how it affects our game and overall mental being. Money comes in different forms. It's the reason a guy can come from a poor country, be poor but still get laid due to great physique and personality. It's also the same reason a lot of not so good looking guys get decent arse.

I just feel that there are some unspoken rules we don't pay enough attention to. If we can understand what money is and how it affects every facet of our lives as men, the world can be a much better place. Not that I'm trying to save the world as I can barely save myself with so much soju being sold for cheap here!

I guess I'm looking to give the guys here a space where they can share some lessons learned as far as dating, success and other "men" issues are concerned. Those who "get it" are more than welcome to chip in. This is NOT an attack on Chinese women or women at all nor is it a complaint due to NOT getting any action (cause I can get some whenever I want). I just think that instead of complaining, more guys overseas should try to understand WTF is going on before its too late so that they CAN make the most of such rare opportunities. I'm going back to the States for good soon (thank you God!) and I hope that a lot of these young foreign men will successfully develop here in Asia as its not an easy thing to do at all.

If you guys out here stay the course, I wish you the most success!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... dont you guys ever sleep? Somehow John's words brought up two words in my head ... Women's Liberation ... not sure why ... yet ...

John, there is an old Chinese saying ... roughly translated, insider's judgement is clouded, whereas outsider's judgement is crystal clear ... I am fairly sure that such persons exist (past, present and future), but I doubt if they see themselves "in trouble", when each of them thinks that he is worshipping the goddess in his life who is going to be his future wife ...

Ming ... saving up to get married is a different concept ... ok, the guy is still "bleeded dry like a corpse", hahaha, but there is a definite "destination" up the front called "marriage" ... by the way, 老婆本 is not JUST about buying a house for her parents, there is also the banquet, the wedding ceremony, the limousines (the marching Audi or Merc), the honeymoon etc ... hahaha ...

Twisting John's words a little ... my own version of advice would be "know what you are getting into and then choose ... if you cannot afford to play (and pay), get out now ... otherwise, good luck" ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    John:
    I agree with Uncle Dingdong, but I'm not going to be nearly as polite, because I don't have to be polite to Americans who make the rest of us look bad in a pubic forum.

"Women don't care about what you do in life, they care about your ability to entertain them and although they're far from the brightest economists when it comes to intellect, they know that it takes..............money!"

I'll hazard a guess that you're not advocating radical social and political change or wealth redistribution when you're not ranting about relationships. Life isn't fair. But it's more fair for American guys than for most other groups of people on this planet. Even for dirt poor ugly motherfuckers like yours truly.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out, bro.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Lo and behold, your profile bubble quotes Herojuana, the poster boy for obnoxiously bitter laowai in Beijing.

Birds of a feather.
  • Marte Joahansen
    Hi John..

It would take only a fool more than a minute to understand what u're talking about

but, things could get preety easy sometimes and quite hard most times..

all that matters still remain the "Revenue"

Cheers Bro.

Clev.
  • Marte Joahansen
    remains i meant..:::]]]
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Uncle D, thanks for the correction on the 老婆本, I forgot about all those other requirements haha....

John, I still don't get it. Other than one thread I saw on here about why there were no "normal" Chinese girls, I've never heard any foreign guys complaining about a lack of action here.
    There's two obvious reasons. One of course is money, because there are a lot of poor people from the villages in China, and they generally perceive that foreigners have more money (probably true if the foreigners could afford to buy the plane ticket to come here). As you said, money is a big part of a lot of relationships, especially when there is class disparity involved, and of course more so in feudal societies...
    The second reason is genetic diversity, because everyone with a survival instinct is naturally attracted to people of different races. Genetic diversity makes people stronger and more resistant disease. The opposite of this is incest, which gives you ugly imbalanced children that don't hold a candle to those cute little mixed-race kids.

So, even the dirt poor foreigners that couldn't afford their plane tickets usually do just fine with girls here in this homogeneous country. What's the source of the complaints you're talking about?
  • John
    John wrote:
    I was so not serious when I created this thread.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    possibly while high?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.