Discussion » Nonsense » anyone is planing to buy a laptop?

• Viola Gaku
    Viola Gaku wrote:
    thx for not deleting this post, i just can't think of any other way to get rid of my baby.

well, my baby is a 14'' brand new Lenovo thinkpad edge with IBM, 4th generation, 500GB memory....blah blah, and it is black, really pretty. yep, i got this one as a gift, dont need it at all. i ll be back to beijing soon, in about a month.

so anyone that is looking for something original rather than 水货, please check out my profile and find the photo album.

and make me a deal, whoever pays the highest, gets it.

thanks, wish all of you guys a great spring=)
  • №❶ Passioη
    hmm that "baby" you described sounds so much like me... but too bad I wasn't designed by IBM... and I'm kinda priceless...

If you got me when I was a bit insane I would say: 'Oh no, Please don't let me go' :D

Price = ????

• Joakim Berg Solum
    I'm sorry Viola, but this is the most useless post I've ever seen. It's like saying "hey guys, I have a Honda car for sale... it has 4 wheels. Does anyone want to buy it?"

You need to include at least these basic details:

Make: Lenovo Thinkpad
    Model Number:
    CPU Type:
    RAM Memory:
    Hard Drive: 500GB
    Optical Drive: DVD Burner most likely
    Video Card:
    Screen Size: 14"
    Screen Resolution:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium?

At the very least, a model number so people can look up this information themselves.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Also.. forgot to mention. Bluetooth?
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    black market.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... a Lenovo with 500GB memory? is it possible?
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    true, thanks. girls are never computer professionals, forgive me.

Lenovo - ThinkPad Edge Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Midnight Black
    Model: 057826U | SKU: 9846226
    Windows 7 Professional

4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM
    14" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display
    500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
    Intel® HM55 Express Chipset graphics
    Built-in 0.3MP webcam and digital microphone
    7-in-1 media reader
    3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
    Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
    Built-in Realtek Gigabit Ethernet LAN

you may want to treat it as an IBM rather than a lenovo.=)
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    and yes, Bluetooth.
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    hehe, it is flea market, not black, dear~
  • Daniel Westerberg
    no minimum price? whoever pays the highest gets it?`
    I bid 500 rmb :D
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Lenovo's ridiculous suggested retail price: $1149
    Currently on sale for: $879 straight from Lenovo... in the US of course

The Lenovo Edge is marketed towards small business users though, and will thus be more expensive than a laptop for "personal" use. For example the chassis is usually sturdier (less bendy, less cheap plastics) and this one has a spill-resistant keyboard. But it's about a $150 price premium vs a personal laptop of identical specifications and performance, but cheaper build quality. Also, Windows 7 Professional instead of Home Premium added about $75 to the price

For example, a comparable Dell Inspiron 14" laptop with identical specs : $650

So I would offer maybe $35 as a fair starting point and go from there :P
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Also, if I were to bargain hunt, wait for coupons, and didn't mind buying refurbished computers, I could probably find that same Dell as a refurb for about $350-400 max on a good day. So that's about how much the actual hardware inside the computer is worth I'd wager.

But then again, I worked in a computer store since I was 11 years old and sold Dell computers online to pay for college (shoulda seen my apartment... it was a 2 bedroom with 1 as an office/bedroom and the living room + kitchen + 2nd bedroom were always stacked to the ceiling with computer boxes), so I'm pickier when it comes to computer deals than most people hahaha
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    come on you guys!!!

>.<
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    and,haha if you sold computers to pay for your rent, you should know why i am doing it here right now as a college girl.

so, as a gentle man as you are, you may probably know what to do. =P
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    i need some help
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    It is smart to sell it in China though. Computer stuff costs on average 25% more back there for some reason... Every time I visit I bring back laptops from America for people hahaha

I bet you could get about 5500 or 6000RMB for it back in China, maybe only $600 in America. BTW, feel free to delete my posts if you think I'm trying to low-ball or sabotage you, it's not my intention but hell, I like talking about computer hardware hahaha
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    5500 or 6000? are you serious? that's even cheaper than it is in the states.
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    ps, that's with best buy's 3 years warranty, which alone costs 300 bucks.....

though i dont know that bestbuy warranty means anything in china or not....
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    latest bid is err...$35?! Jon you such an...hahah.
    My bid: $350 :D
    quite enough for one-month's rent in Beijing~
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    yeah, but whatever, if someone is planing to buy a laptop, this is not a bad one, actually pretty good.

so, i am pretty open.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    so it's a serious auction? and there is no minimum price? sweet! I'm seriously in it now! Hey, Viola, set a deadline for us, then who bid highest, who take it away :D
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Viola, I'm pretty sure the Best Buy warranty doesn't work in China. Honestly, if you can return it, I would go that route. I'm betting that including the warranty you paid... $928+tax, about $1000 even (based on $679 price at Best Buy, and $249 for the warranty). Seriously, even if you tried to sell it in America, most buyers would only pay about 1/3 of what you paid for the warranty. It's just not that important to people.

*thread jack*
    I'll be nice and I will agree with you that it's a nice laptop. I always loved the industrial Thinkpad design, they are of higher-than-average quality, and if I actually kept computers for more than 1 year, I'd probably buy a Thinkpad. I swap computers far too often though so I usually go for the cheapest laptops that have the specs I need, unless they have high resale value (my MacBook... anyone wanna buy a MacBook 13? hahaha)

I just bought a new computer though... Dell Studio 1747, Core i7 720qm Quad Core, 4gb RAM, 500gb, 1gb HD4650 video (yeah it sucks but I guess I really don't do that much gaming...), 17" 1080p RGB-LED LCD (woo hoo for awesome screens! Yes... it's ridiculously large, but I need a laptop that holds two hard drives). Price was $795 before tax, $875 total.

*thread jack over*
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Actually they were selling this same one in Beijing last month for 6000rmb. I like it! I want it because it is actually exactly what I am planning to buy. I want a PC and the IBM has caught my eye more than once during my stay in Beijing.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    HI VIOLA, I AM READY FOR IT : 438 $. bring over the cd for the drivers
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    thanks jon.

oh, btw, i got another issue here. i got a mac pro, then after 5 weeks, i damaged it by taking it with me into the bathroom, and now it does not even turn on. do you know there is any place in beijing that fix it?

hehe, btw, nice talking to ya.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I can imagine why it cannot be TURNED ON ... ** teary eyes **

Have you visited the Mac shop in San Li Tun?

• Joakim Berg Solum
    You did what? hahahaha, what did you do, drop it in the toilet?!? LOL hahahahahahaha

Seriously though... is it still under warranty? Just take it to the Apple Store in Sanlitun. My MacBook died after only 2 months (and I didn't even take it to the bathroom hahahahaha) and they repaired it for me very quickly, under warranty of course. Just tell them that one day it stopped turning on. That's exactly what happened to mine, and it was a motherboard issue. Don't mention that you took it in the bathroom and got water on it! hahahahahaha
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    oh ok, hehe i ll go to an apple store tomorrow.

and i ll just tell them one day it stopped working.

it was such a pain in the ass! hehe, i am still in the states right now, hopefully they would do what sanlitun guys do. hehe.

thanks for ding dang as well.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yep, I bought my Apple in the US and they repaired it in Beijing w/ no problems. Nice thing about international manufacturer warranties. BTW Viola, what city are you in right now? Denver?

DingDang... actually, I lied. I take my MacBook to the bathroom with me all the time so I can watch TV shows while I shower. But I do understand the problem you are addressing, and that is why I put tape over the webcam :P
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Jon, which reality show do you star in? Big Brother?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    hey everyone. I just checked on the price in Beijing for this laptop and the one I was talking about for 6000rmb only has 2g ram. The one she is selling has 4g ram.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

My budget is low ... I will probably get a DIY laptop ...
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    yeah, jon, you are right, i was watching a concert and didnt want to stop it for shower, and...... haha, wish myself good luck tomorrow.

and for kodi, thanks for pointing it out/=)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.