Discussion » Dating & Romance » Girls seem to be attracted to the feminine male fa

• COOL 凉快
    COOL 凉快 wrote:
    Hey guys, i have just scratched this from the net. Hope you start changing your faces for the better. Hehheee

Feminine face is key to a woman’s heart
    Lois Rogers, Medical Correspondent

SCIENTISTS believe they have created the perfect male face, a man so handsome that any woman would automatically pick him out of a crowd.
    He has large expressive eyes set in a smooth-skinned symmetrical face, a straight nose and rounded hair and jaw line.

Although his makers admit he looks slightly girly, they have found modern women want caring feminine traits rather than more macho markings.

They say bearded men and others with features that suggest they are unlikely to wash up or change a nappy can forget about impressing women.

Single women now want a trophy partner, a "new man" with domestic attributes that her friends can admire at a party, but who can be trusted not to go home with one of them.

Real men will be relieved that this Adonis does not exist. He is a composite computer-generated photograph of 12 moderately attractive, average-looking young men. The researchers at the St Andrews University psychology department, who created him, discovered women are most attracted to a man with features representing the "average". They believe women prefer such features because they signal that the individual is one of the mainstream majority who have survived down the evolutionary process, and are therefore less likely to carry harmful genes.

The face was created with a computer program that calculates average distances between the features of different faces, and average hair and jaw lines.

The volunteer men were picked from the local student population, and 34 female "raters" with an average age of 20 were asked to give marks out of seven for masculinity and attractiveness to various composite images of the men.

The psychologists found people questioned had almost identical opinions. The clear winner was a composite of all 12, feminised to soften the jaw line and perfect the complexion. The researchers say smooth skin in men conveys an absence of inherited disease or damage - a factor that would reduce the score of sex symbols such as Richard Burton whose face had pock marks.

Symmetry in male and female features has long been recognised as an important attribute in sexual attraction, but the rise of feminine appeal in a male face is a modern trait.

"Women find femininity appealing in a male face because they said they associate it with co-operation, honesty and parental ability," said Tony Little, the principal research psychologist. "Strongly masculine features are considered threatening and less attractive, but they still want some combination involving masculine features because they want dominance, too."

Little cites Jude Law and Brad Pitt as embodiments of the ideal man. Leonardo DiCaprio’s looks would be too girlish to attract the mainstream, and a super-masculine Arnold Schwarzenegger type would be too aggressive and promiscuous to make a reliable partner.

Although many observers feel women are increasingly taking a masculine attitude and picking a partner purely on looks, others emphasise that sex appeal for women is based on far more than facial features alone.

Marcelle D’Argy Smith, a former editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, said soccer stars such as David Beckham and Michael Owen and film stars such as George Clooney typified today’s desirable male. But she pointed out: "Some men who look absolutely gorgeous are completely doomed from the moment they open their mouths. Men can be thrilled to bits by a lap dancer with an IQ of 43 and even marry them. A woman could never do that."

Films over the past decade have moved away from featuring Terminator-type action heroes, according to Little. Instead they have concentrated on caring male characters, as typified by
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    women are most attracted to a man with features representing the "average".
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    The girls sampled were only 20 years old. Slightly older and more mature women are more likely to appreciate the sexiness of a ruggedly good looking man with a square jaw and several-days-old beard v.s. those girly-man soap stars on 90210 or whatever. Fuck Matt Lanter, long live Spartacus!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    So can we have that picture of the perfect looking man?
  • Børge Notkevich
    Everyone has different taste and goes through different phrases.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    and this topic abt 'motrosexuel' we have discussed before in a thread
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Charlton Heston was definitely a manly man but I was thinking more of the 2010 Spartacus TV show starring Andy Whitfield. He is my current man-crush, second only to Jack Bauer. Not Kiefer Sutherland... just fictional Jack Bauer.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Clint Eastwood? Charles Bronson?

Off topic... one of the moments of my childhood that I still remember to this day is when I was watching a Charles Bronson movie with my dad... I was about 9 years old, and they showed a pretty graphic torture scene where they nailed a guys penis to the table, and then splashed water on him to wake him up to continue doing it. *shudder*
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    When I had my head shaved I looked more threatening and attracted different women from now that I have longer hair and a beard. I tend to think the quality of women attracted to me now is much higher than the young playful type who want the dominating manly man. My features are much softer now that I have hair and a neat beard. I think a man can have a beard and still be more feminine looking. Men encompass both masculine and feminine features. Most are just taught to accentuate their masculine features by mainstream masculine ideologies.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    what features can melt a man`s heart?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Amber, this seems to be off topic, or the exact opposite of this thread? And do you want to ask, in the case of a short-term relationship Vs a long-term relationship?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Dolph Loundgreen.
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    @JON
    " those girly-man soap stars on 90210 or whatever. Fuck Matt Lanter,"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ............................i suppose u hate me or hate Matt Lanter
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... I have a pink polo shirt (fake, A-goods) too, though slightly on the darker shade of pink...

The recent trend (in China anyway) seems to originate from the popularity of the Taiwan and Korean TV series where most of the leading guys (or boys) are all very weak and sissy-like ... usually very thin, lots of hair-do, very bright color clothes (something like pink+purple, or orange) ...

Not sure about the other wide of the world though ...
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Thorstan Fries wrote:

"And for those ready to shout "outdated!", let me bring some present-day examples to the front: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sly Stallone, Sean Connery.

And even more recently: Vin Diesel.

Jon, any more sexy manly men to add to our growing list"

Steve Mcqueen. Mickey Rourke. William Holden. Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones mode. They could all have my babies
  • Undermoonlight
    ...just saw a boy with curly hair (must be artificial, since he's strictly Chinese) standing on a step of the gate of a famous university and posing for photograph...and many boys and girls (as the spectators or fans) yelling "cool"... I was just so "amused"...with a question popping up in my head: what's wrong with this generation???
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... since you have a Chinese lady friend, as well as many Chinese students, ask them about their fav Korean romatic TV comedy or movie, and you should see some examples of that type of guys/boys, or should I say "weakling" ...

Goos night :)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Ahh, yes The Governator, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, and Vin Diesel... More examples from the past, but let's not forget Marlon Brando and John Wayne.

Recent examples? How about Tom Selleck, Richard Dean Anderson (Stargate RDA... MacGyver RDA was kinda girly lookin), Al Pacino (say hello to my little friend!), and of course......... Mr. T! Oh yeah David Draiman from Disturbed :P
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    @Sasa: "............................i suppose u hate me or hate Matt Lanter"

Awww, Sasa you know I love you, I just manly men and hate how popular girly boys have become!

Although to be fair, I don't exactly have a manly-man face. I don't think I look girly either though... pretty much just average. This makes me quite sad because I would kill to be able to have that "rugged" look.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    Matt Lanter seems ugly , OMG...
    but nomally if a man which the style which gay like , he may probably catch a girl too

jack gyllenhaal would be better, at least keep top 1 for 5 years in US , a average indeed
  • Saint - Spartacus
    keanu reeves, Jared Leto,james mcavoy, even Ethan Hawke seems much feminine, of course tom cruise & brad pitt, 80%girl, even huge grant, jony deep,Edward Furlong ...OMG

then some type we have to say yes , like Zac Efron,Ian Somerhalder....
    but if Robert Pattinson and Joe Jonas become tomorrow , it wil be a real terrible question about the end of esthetic
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Moonlight, when you said "this generation", you might need to be a bit more specific, since there are MANY genetations in the real world and on this site ... but I have the same question ... what's wrong with this generation?
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    a short-term relationship Vs a long-term relationship?

make any differences?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I cannot answer for everyone, but it did make a difference to me ... FYI, I would consider those less than 3 years to be short-term, but depending on different people and circumstance, this varies ... anyway ...

Most short-term relationships requires the element of the "spark" (or "click"), and once that spark is gone, it's game over ... and to answer your question, it is usually a physical attraction, though I have seen (and experienced) mental attraction in my past too ...

With long-term relationships ... it is more or less a continuation of the short-term ones, so they also require the "spark" at the beginning, except that if both want to continue the relationship, after one spark had gone, they would try to create new ones, but at the very least, there is a high degree of trust and faith in each other ... and this is usually not found in short-term relationships ...

Did that answer your question? Or have I gone beyond that? Heehee

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I have worn pink haha! However, I wore it because I actually liked the style of the outfit. It was sort of punk chic and it was with light brown jeans and the Gibson guitar box nike dunks (they have pink guitar case fur inside). I do not think the cloths make the man. I feel just as comfortable wearing a black Pantera Vulgar display of Power t-shirt with cut off sleeves and some rugged old blue jeans and black leather boots. I also do a suit very well.

Colors are just colors. There is no such thing as a masculine color or a feminine color. That shit is in our heads. colors were here before us and then we came around assigning meaning and masculinizing and feminizing them.

However, I do like the way black leather, steel, and blood red go together.

Women like men? I think most do... Girly men, manly men, metro men, gay men, straight men, etc..... We all have a combination of unique attributes from the gender spectrum. Average on the gender spectrum is probably the best place to be for the odds of landing a good mate. We need to find the woman who is looking for our combination of man. That is when you get the click mentioned above. I can see how being too many can be like shooting yourself in the foot. However, I would like to know how the gay guys get all the hotties wanting them?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Q: can anyone tell me what is "metro man"?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Metro sexual man would be considered to be a man who pays attention to fashion and his personal hygiene is higher quality than that of average males. For example, skin conditioners, facials, stylish hair, pedicure, manicure, etc.....
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    A metro man is like the Beijing metro. Never lasts long with a woman just like the metro never lasts long at any station. I am back in the Jungle.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Nah ... dont like being Metro ...
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    a transvestism
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    @ Astaroth
    same point as u
    @ Kodi
    no excuse about the pink shirt... punk chic??? ahah...
  • Undermoonlight
    To Dingdang:
    Apparently not our generation~~~I think the generation that we see as problematic in this regard should be the young, spunky and fashionable boys and girls who were born after 1985~~~also, i should say, maybe it's a sign of being old and outdated for having such a question...and hopefuly, I didn't offend them...however, in spite of the widely exsisting femininity in the younger generation, individual personalities vary from person to person, and I didn't mean that all the boys nowadays are sissy...
  • Undermoonlight
    Also, I want to say, such a phenomenon owes to the mainstream ideological orientation of the whole society...Harmony needs softness...haha...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.