Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Best method to study Chinese Language

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:
    So everyone has a special method or methods how to learn Chinese, do you?
    Remember sharing is caring;)
  • Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:
    Sounds like a plan to me:)

Thanks
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I read a lot of articles on chinasmack.com. They basically just take popular Chinese forum or blog posts and translate them to English, and they provide the link to the original article. This way you can read it in Chinese and go back and read chinasmack's English translation to see if you got it right.

This is for a higher level though, if you are just starting out, then I recommend New Practical Chinese Reader as a good starting point for textbooks.
  • Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:
    I love chinasmack.com, it's very entertaining, but no I'm not starting, I'm doing a research because I work for www.speakchinese.cn, and I want to make studying Chinese fun, not just a plain routine (I had that when I was studying Chinese at Beida).

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:
    http://english.cri.cn/4406/2010/04/15/1141s563455.htm
  • Robbie Fried
    Robbie Fried wrote:
    One-on-one intensive lessons and immersion-based experiential learning is definitely the best method to learn chinese. I founded a Chinese language school in Guilin, China that follows this philosophy and I've seen many students go from absolute beginner to advanced within a year by way of one-on-one intensive lessons.
  • Martin Johansen
    I agree with you, Robbie Fried :)
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Drinking games!
  • Darren Li
    Darren Li wrote:
    yeah, check out here: 1on1mandarin.com/blog, it has two free study guide, you can download, one is Study Chinese guide, another one is Learn a Language fast guide, hope it would be helpful.
  • Lamikka
    Lamikka wrote:
    for listening chinese the best way is to watch tv a lot. It is really helpful. If you dont understand anything you can read characteristic also.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.