Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » Urgent!!! need a foreigner do me a favor for show

• Shania
    Shania wrote:
    Very urgent!!! one of my best friend ask a foreigneer friend to do her a favor.
    Tomorrow morning, her company is going to sign a contract with another company. They need a foreigner to be there for only one or 2 hours for contract time. They can take any transpotation cost if you can do us a favor. Thank you very much!!!
    Day: 2010-4-20
    Time: 9am -- 11am
    Contact person: Helen
    Phone: 13701099783
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... my guess is, Asian other than Chinese is not considered foreigners in this case?
  • くり
    くり wrote:
    I m not enough fat to look like a foreigne xpert....-.-
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I know, Astaroth. The nerve. I'd do it for 300 kuai.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Peter B, so you called?
  • Pernille Nordlie
    aah can't believe i missed this opportunity to show off my acting skills I do an amazing Foreigner.. I can also do .. Silly Foreigner, Drunk Foreigner and Don't Understand what's going around me 80% of the time Foreigner....
  • Shania
    Shania wrote:
    Thanks for all your all imput. Anyway. (this is my first time to write topic here but i never thought it is that kind of topic. but can help my friend it is fine)

actually i cant fully understand why my friend's company need a foreigner. But i think this is just for not very big company and maybe this is the beginning with bigger business. it is no relationship with CHINA business. this is their own business.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Is their another time to do it? You still need someone? E-mail me for my schedule. kodibj@hotmail.com

He needs a foreigner because having a foreigner gives the company a powerful stance in the business deal. It says, "Look at me I am powerful and have international ties, so you want to do business with me." I am willing to do it. I have done this before.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hmmm ... if it is just for show, my advice is to get someone with older appearance ... perhaps someone with lots of grey white or even bald, well build but with reasonable size of stomach, talk and laugh with a powerful but cheerful voice ... oh, I know, Santa might be a good fit, he is off work at the moment too :)

• Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:
    Barry White is good too... But he is like deadly busy
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Yes, a good idea, since many local businesses are stupid and look down on other local businesses.
    I once helped broker a billion dollar partnership between two two local companies as an "actor". I didn't do it for free though. I was just amazed that it was effective. (well, who knows if it was me or the bribe that made the difference^^)
  • Simen Stensvoll
    what kind of company will need such a show??
    i can't understand
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Actually I agree though.. I would take a Chinese company that had foreigners working for them a lot more seriously, if the foreigner wasn't just a 托.
  • Simen Stensvoll
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

• Simen Stensvoll
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

• Cynthia
    Cynthia wrote:
    shame for this kind of thing...it is important for anthing to honest to your life, your friends and even your business. why to need foreigners? without them, you won't do business with your partner? weird...
    Be yourself, don't lose anthing, and don't forget you will success even without them..
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Can a Chinese from HongKong work? They are also foreigners.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia wrote:
    If you won't respect yourself, then nobody respect you.. even for business, it is the same...
    In our company, there are many cooperations with fameous companies including Nokia, Simens, Sharp, Toshiba. etc.... but there is not any white people, we have technlogy, we have our advantage to cooperate with them.. We won't make any concessions because who they are.. Anyone is the same...

• Jenelyn Tambago
    at least offer some money... ><
    the other day they were offering tha same thing..120 yuan per hour
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia wrote:
    To Astaroth, Yes, I know.. but I want to make clear it is not all Chinese people do like this since some people say China so so etc.. It is not fair.

I dare to say it also exists in other countries..

another topic about business,
    Our CEO has a joking for partner: No money, no honey.. though this sentences is not good to listening in the beginning, but it is true in business. For example, the service you got is different between BMW and QQ.

And if the author give the sallary to some people: 5000 per day or 10000 per day? then is there anybody say the same words? I don't think so..it is just easy question..
    Maybe no, maybe yes.. it depends.

So everyone is different, please don't judge the whole country--China...

• TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Common enough to be a news story:

Never heard of a "Western" equivalent

• Gordon Bao
    Gordon Bao wrote:

fucking bullshit  ,shit chineses!

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

to the poster of this thread! so honestly you were hoping to find some one to offer him or herself for this kind of crap? and just maybe if any one did then you would also go on to display your ability to insight insight foreigners to take shitty free tasks.

I'll rather spend that two hours of my time doing nothing and starring in the mirror 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

awww.. that's pathetic.. but as long as it works well.... I guess there is no reason by not doing that tho... 

I would only do so if I were a white dude who took drama as a major... 

• Garina Y
    Garina Y wrote:
    每次T3 各种因为不可抗力“天气原因”大面积取消班机,T3乱的一塌糊涂,需要打400电话改签机票的时候,我都讲英文,这绝对是个hints! 也适用于银行,电信,各种垄断行业,兹丫们那客服电话有英文服务,在紧急情况下都是给力的解决方式。首先:你打400 以后按1,中文服务,那种情况根本没人接电话都在busying... 其次:你打400以后按2,for english service,那种情况总会有人接(虽然我觉得接线员只会说跟ticket相关的英文),但是你一旦跟接线员说中文,她立刻给你转到中文服务去,让你听各种等待的钢琴曲,有好几次是mozart。。。。但是只要你讲英文,即使从身份证件都能看出我是110108开头的身份证号码,她们也用及其温柔和热情的服务态度跟你耐心的讲着英文帮你解决问题! TNND!作为一个海淀妞,我很无奈!
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I crack up every time I see one of these adverts. I still can't get over the fact that this stuff actually happens regularly.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

呵呵呵。。。Garina Y 。。。那一家航空公司?地勤,还是空姐?

Amanda Wei 。。。对的,旧帖翻新!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.