Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Tailored Suit

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    So I found this picture of a suit i want to get tailored... but I would prefer finding a tailor by recommendation :-) So.. can anyone recommend a good tailor for me in Beijing? =)

Kent
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Ok :-) I'm looking for something around 500-700 rmb. How much did your friends pay?...

Here's a picture:

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    How much can you get a tailored suit for?
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    How much can you get a tailored suit for?
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Very ambitious to pull off that look out of 700rmb..lol.

p.s...isn't J.D. a hot dish.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Letsmojito: I have no idea if I'm able to get a suit for 700, i just heard from friends that they paid around that price for a 3 piece suit :-)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Kent ... I would have thought you are familiar with places like Silk Street or Ya-Xiu?

Personally, I prefer casual than suits, though I have two in the closet, but with the way I gain pounds (or kilograms for those metric craze people), I will need to get them tailor-made too, so it would be nice to know ... ho ho ho ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    One of my pals complained that pants and jackets he gets at the talors in yaxiu always split. But yeah, it is pretty cheap there, I think.

Is Silk Street a little better?
  • G
    G wrote:
    do you know any tailored shirt in bj?
  • G
    G wrote:
    wow...rmb 70-80??? so cheap...really cheap...
  • G
    G wrote:
    the lowest price i;ve ever heard...so you're sure the quality is nice??? no offense, just discussion...
  • G
    G wrote:
    well, rmb 100 is really out of my expectation~~~i don't even need them to measure cuz i've got a dozen of perfect samples..
  • Christopher Dame
    i do all my suits and tux at 3.3
    i recommend it as well
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Thanks for the tip.

I'll be sure to check it out.
  • G
    G wrote:
    thanks bud~~~
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Thanks for all your advices, I think I'm gonna go to the one in 3-3. What is the name of the Tailor there? And do they speak english?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    小莫, how did I know I'd find you here?
    You're wrong about the prices though. I told you you overpaid. I got a non-tailored suit for 150 RMB, and labor shouldn't exceed 20 rmb an hour, so I don't see why anything should cost over 700. Material is not that expensive.
  • Hanne Lene Larsen
    Hey guys,

I am also interested in buying a tailored suits and shirt.
    Where can I find the 3-3 (is it really called 3-3)? I am not very familiar in Beijing :P
  • Christopher Dame
    3.3 is in sanlitun. north of the village

三里屯北街33号.
    sanlitun beijie 3.3 hao
  • Gøran Viken
    Gøran Viken wrote:
    beware ya xiu etc. Often times their "custom made suits" are just a generic warehouse fit that closely approximates your real measurements. If you get your suits done at one of those budget places, be sure to double check the measurements and fit yourself, or otherwise just build in the price of getting a real tailor job done.

also unless you are johhny depp, don't get that suit. even in the photo it looks fits and looks like shit.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.