Discussion » Sports & Activities » Holdem + Beers near Guomao/Sanlitun

• John
    John wrote:
    Regular old holdem poker. I will either host this in my flat or figure out a good bar to go to. Let me know if interested.

Tourney style.
    100 kuai buy-in.
    Winner takes pot, second place gets their money back.
  • Kevin Pan
    Kevin Pan wrote:
    Where and When is your Poker event?? If you can organise it before I go back to sydney, which is the 23rd, please let me know.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Sounds good.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I like the bar idea. Count me in.... or should that be "deal me in"
  • Marte Joahansen
    I do imbibe also..but i always have a bad hand...lol
  • Albulena Imeri
    Guys, a friendly reminder: Gambling is illegal in China (more than 1G rmbs on the table, not sure abt the number?) and I suggest that u be low key when organizing a card game.

Try to be trouble-free from the People's police. And no snitching!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    HAHA well did you let the old people playing Majiang know this? Gambling is a part of reality. I gamble every day when I walk out the door. I bet on having a good day : )
  • Albulena Imeri
    Seriously, old peeps' Majiang games are exempted. I was told that the Public Security Minister explicitly said it on the news.

Just a friendly reminder.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Ha that is totally stupid. no gambling means no gambling! That why people choose not to follow the damn laws here in the first place. You cannot tell which ones they are serious about until you get caught and try talking your way out of it. If you make a law and you want people to take it seriously at least you should try enforcing it.

Lets see: Spitting, all driving laws, business laws, "illegal" coal mines, piracy, gambling, prostitution, drugs in Sanlitun, bouncer brutality, fighting in public, any more to add............? Haha fucking gamble man! I am sure the police have something better to do than bust in on your poker game!
  • Albulena Imeri
    U r totally bailing them out, literally.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.