Discussion » Nonsense » Things which make you love China or Chinese

BIRIMA wrote:
    I have exciting stories which make me love Chinese. I will tell you these stories when i close this discussion. I know many of you have plenty of stories which make you like Chinese. Kindly share ur stories here
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Today on the Subway: a old Chinese woman trying to flirt with an older Chinese guy after offering him an open seat. And the old guy was just blatantly shutting her down and continuing to read his newspaper and the old woman was trying all sorts: commenting on what he was reading, offering him some of her bottled drink, but the old guy was having none of it.

Pretty sweet and kept me amused for most of the day.
  • Cocozoe
    Cocozoe wrote:
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Yup.And by old people I mean late 50s/early 60s. I thought they might have been husband and wife from the way the woman was acting and the way the man was ignoring her(ha!) but I'm sure they got on the subway at different stops and didn't greet each other or act as if they knew each other before this woman approached and started trying to talk to the guy and offer him stuff.

It was awesome!
  • Cocozoe
    Cocozoe wrote:
    o,I think they really knew each other before ....
  • Cocozoe
    Cocozoe wrote:
    they're quite humourous,hah? in Beijing subway?
  • Cocozoe
    Cocozoe wrote:
    have you had kind of feeling that want to make friends with someone on subway? (or discuss through messages)
  • Albulena Imeri
    Most of the Chinese ppl in Beijing r kind/nice/warm. At least it's not like New York or London.

Very harmonic.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Very hospitable and Peaceful!!!!!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    such a harmonious society.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Damn, I guess that was wrong.

Go Aardvarks?
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    three weeks ago, when i was training wushu in a park near of home, a little kid was trying to talk with my in chinese, and when he noticed that i had cold in my hands, he took my hands for give heat. this did that i forget all the stories about shabi ren here.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I love it when they beat up the monks
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yea especially this city ~ beijing ....there is a great traffic situation!@ niubility =.="
  • Lady M
    Lady M wrote:
    astonishing harmony within chaos
  • №❶ Passioη
    1. Childhood passion for Asian history and sino arts

2. Easy to make money from multiple sources here :)

Other reasons obviously apply to every other laowai
  • Valmir Shala
    Valmir Shala wrote:
    i like the way chinese people enjoy them self they don t care about anything it s amazing i m italian and all the time in italy u must to control your self only because the people are watching u up and down here is totaly different nobody care about u where u came from how are u dressed just have funn :))
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    My former landlord came to see me in my new home with a big bag filled with fruits when she learned that i was ill. This was so touching, moving.
  • №❶ Passioη
    @ Blacky

So touching indeed, but that was because you paid your heavy rents early... If you owed her for a month or more you'd see the real side of the "guanxi" in her LOL...

If she came, she may not have come with fruits but yellow flowers :D...

Oops, or am I missing a vital piece of the puzzle here?... how young is she? :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.