Discussion » Beijing Life » Little gems of Beijing

• David Gaspar
    David Gaspar wrote:
    So I want to know everybodies favorite little spots of Beijing that are off the beaten path. Non of that touristy stuff. I want to know what do beijingers like to do and where they like to go. Write down anything! Your favorite spot for Tibetian yogurt, best area for a bike ride, or best street food in the city. Whatever!
  • Gina Marena Finsrud
    My favorite bar "The Brick" But I live around the corner from it so its a lazy call
    I love the Sushi guy north of Wudaokou station Fresh Duck Sushi for 5 yuan So good
    Three Stone Kites for a handmade kite and Ritan Park is a nice Saturday
    Theres a good market near Liangmaqiao Better clothes or different but more expensive than Ya Show
    Badachu Park Its abit far so you need to wake up early and have the whole day free but its worth it.
    Loving Hut vegeterian restaurant just south of the silk market Good and cheap

Lets keep em coming! Where are some of your favorite spots
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Beijingers go to eat guts and lungs LOL
  • Andre Lund
    Andre Lund wrote:
    Oh yes. lu zhu (intestine soup basically) is amazing... and also the lamb version yang za is also amazing. why is everyone so afraid to eat stomach and lung meat/
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

We discovered this nice little place at North 3rd Ring last night, upon the purchase of a "group buying" (or collective buying)...

The price of the "group buying" is 168yuan, four-course dinner for two (salad, soup, main, dessert plus coffee), and according to the menu, the original total would have been over 400 ...

Being that it is located within a business/commercial building, it is very "vacant" for s Saturday night, also note that the place is NOT open on Sunday ...

The main reason I liked it, is really because it is quiet, and that the service is way better than most western restaurant I have visited, and of course, I have not visited too many, heehee ...

Being that it is a bit pricey, I recommend it for special occassion such as first date, anniversary and birthdays, and I am more likely to go back there for Xmas, except this year's Xmas is on Sunday, so it killed that plan ...

The place is called Frank's Deli ... and the address is:

103 Tower D, Global Trade Center
    36, Ease Street, North 3rd Road
    Dong Cheng District

Tel: 010 58256095 ... 010 58256075

• Jenelyn Tambago

Peter's Tex-Mex
    The Tree
    Indian Kitchen...
    And the fish hot pot restaurant UncleDD is going to tell you later :D

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... Buffy ... that was indeed a nice surprise for a three-to-four-person dinner at less then 80yuan, but the menu price is actually not cheap ... but here it is:

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Tonight is Boat Nite. Boat Nite is tonight.

The cool people (plus me) are buying a few cases of beer and renting boats at Houhai. It's not really off the beaten path, but it's certainly something that's overlooked by a lot of folks as a hella classy way of getting drunk on the cheap. PM me for further information.

• Simen Wangberg

Little gems often cease to be little gems when a bunch of people start going there all the time.

I ain't sharin' shit.

Besides, I just like all the same stupid shit everyone else likes anyway. I DONT CARE WHERE THE STUFF I LOVE COMES FROM. I JUST. LOVE. THE STUFF. THAT I LOVE.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.