Discussion » Food & Drink » fresh herbs plants at Wudaokou!!

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    My mom just came back from her daily shopping tour and brought back the news. There is a small open air clothing market at the south west corner of Wudaokou Subway Station (between Lush and Subway), she also saw two plant booths selling fresh herbs!

Lavendle, thyme, different types of mints, even sage she said. I got to go and check it out tomorrow! The sales will be ongoing til 19th April (2010) she said. Hope they also have Sweet/Italian Basil (a rare find on plant markets but taste much better than those small leaf thai basils).

I will keep you posted about things.

take care.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    New trend? There are always people selling fresh herbs at 3litun :-p
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    i ment herb plants, not herb leafs in a plastic bag. And no, it is not a trend, just very few ppl who like to grow herbs plants themselves. And it is not too easy to get those, especially difficualt for foreigners who are not familiar with local things.
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    really? i didn't see booths...but i did see some street vendors selling books, clothes,shooes, etc.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    well, i didnt mean those flying dealers, it is within that small market area, not on the street, anyway, i will go check it out tomorrow.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Just have been there, the plant dealers are deep inside the small market. They have two different typ of Lavendles (a green broadleaf one and the grayish silver frost one, still not pure breed i guess), two types of mints (the normal one and the so called lemon mint, is acutally Melissa), then rosemary. They say they also have Thai basils (small leaf ones) but it has been too windy, they didnt bring them onto the market. Each pot cost between 10 to 15, 20 RMB, not too bad, you will have too repot them yourself though.
  • Li Yuan
    Li Yuan wrote:
    Do you have experience to grow basil and mint? I'm growing them right now. But I think they are going to die on me. I have been putting them under the full sun outside of my house and water them everyday to keep the moisture in the soil. But they don't look as good as beginning :S
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Basil can grow pretty well in the inside, no real need to put it outside. Plus careful on the water, soil has to be humid but not completely wet.
    That's all I know about basil. Now you need to tell me where I can buy some (to grow) (yes I'm still talking about basil!)!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @莫明,
    You call that ditch grown bullshit fresh? I've smoked ropes fresher than that.

Cracker, please.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    erm... pesto and mojitos are nice, too.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    @Dando,
    Haha, despite my witty personality, the only herb I'm interested in procuring is actually basil...
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Not far from my residence actually there grow rosemary bush and a bay tree.
    It will be so cool to have fresh herbs planted at home.. purify the air..not to mention they can save boring meals

I was thinking to grow a garlic chive patch under my bed. Then every morning I can see a vigorous growth of green. -o-.

Missing coriander since it's hard to find here..
    had anise sorbet once ...yurrhrrr... not for everyone.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.