Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Chinese Culture

• Sabir
    Sabir wrote:
    Hi everyone
    i want to know about the chinese culture how they live and what about the dressing
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Salad dressing?
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    For six months of the year my Chinese neighbours tell me "You are not wearing enough clothes!"

For the other six months they tell me "You are wearing too many clothes!"

Even after many years in China I have not learned the correct way of dressing!

One day, I hope Chinese people can teach me how many clothes to wear!
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Most chinese people dress practical and economical.
  • Jack Gao.Z
    Jack Gao.Z wrote:

I've read about your query, what a excited topic you asked!

Your words in how they live, what does this mean?

For this question, you like to talk with Chinese or UnChi?

Sorry m just passed by and ignoring what I've said.

Keep talking.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Clothes are boring, people ought to go naked, as the late genius John Updike said:

Being naked approaches being revolutionary; going barefoot is mere populism.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I still dont totally understand this thread ... maybe someone can help me?

Chinese culture is a "huge" things, it had evolved after centuries and centuries (even millelniums), and due to different locations, weather, and most importantly history, the diversity and colorfulness cannot be explained in a few words ...

As for clothes ... hahaha ... coastal cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou tend to be more fashionable, and cities (or villages) populated with minority tribes tend to have more, well, tribal roots and fashion ...

So ... what are you asking about? I am afraid I lack the intelligence to understand it ... oh, pass the salad dressing please ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.