Discussion » Travel » do u prefer travel by yourself or with a group?

• LL
    LL wrote:
    hahaha, do u prefer travel alone or with your friends, and why?
  • Bujar
    Bujar wrote:
    I prefer to travel with a girl who I like;-)
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    It depends on where I'm travelling and who is in the group. I like travelling alone, but travelling with others can be OK if you're in the right company. I prefer to travel with people who are independent and don't insist we do everything together.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I think the best to travel is to be 2 or 3 people. Alone is boring. More than 3 people you start to need too much organization, less spontaneous...
  • LL
    LL wrote:
    @grandpa, so you should not go with at least six french guys to travel. you guys will lost and confuse with so many things to see in China and so many people, haha
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    It depends on the destination and which type of travelling.

specifically, saying......
    1) When u are sad, travel by yourself to Yunnan, or climb snow mountains like Chomolangma.
    2) When u in love, travel with lover to Saigon, Hiroshima, Prague, or a little town called Taos....remember bring you with the quick love guide written by M, Q or DHL....
    3) When u got hurt, go back to (1), or
    *3.1 travel with your friend (one only) to the beach or a Sad Cafe....

But anyway
    4)When 2012 comes, travel with a group will give you more security feeling in the way to Mars.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    ALONE.

its the best.u can always make ur own decision to stay or not and don't have to worry about others.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

How we came will be how we go ... tried traveling with a group, hated it ...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    @奶奶 I know what you're trying to do! You want me to give you 3 of my friends so that you can travel with 3 handsome guys and have crazy fun with them! I won't let you do that! haha!
  • LL
    LL wrote:
    @grandpa, u really give me a good idea.... wahahaha
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Travelling alone also makes you more likely to engage with random strangers in conversation. And as I don't like most of the people I know, talking to people I don't know seems a good option.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I like travel alone.

I love to have a vacation with my love or close friends, say going to the beach, staying in a mountain cabin, or any fixed place, but if talking about travel on the road, I would like to be with myself for most of the time.

Sometimes, I just want to buy a movie ticket to watch it with locals without understanding any single word; Sometimes, I just want to rent a bike in the early morning, ride it through the town and feel its awakening; Sometimes, I just want to get up at noon, eat the brunch, lie in a hammock and read a book; Sometimes I just want to hang around in a museum for a whole day; Sometimes I just suddenly change my whole journey plan because I fall in love with this city and plan to stay here for another week.

When you travel alone, you can do some many crazy things spontaneously, and enjoy the freedom all the time. You don’t have to please anyone at the expense of compromising your own will.

No doubt you will meet so many difficulties on the road: lost, rip-off, rob, physical injury, hopelessness, sexual harassment, etc., and you have no one to share with you, You can only rely on yourself. But after all kinds of ordeal, you will find your spirit is much stronger than anyone else. That’s your reward.

Recommend everybody to be a Lonely Traveler in this Lonely Planet.
  • Corinne Wang
    Corinne Wang wrote:
    Trying really hard not to travel with a group.
    Also depends on the destination. If itz Southeast Asia, do it urself ! Have fun!
    If u r gonna have some outdoor activities in south america, better go with some pal.
    But if im short of money i'll think abt going with a group, coz itz cheaper. I'd like to compromise if i can go there ASAP.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    PS, the biggest obstacle for me on the road is to fight with insects.

I'm frightened of all sorts of insects including flies, mosquitos and ants. Still working on it.
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    I prefer travel by myself.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I prefer travel with cool, smart and funny girls (no need to be pretty) I barely know at the very beginning, then become good friend at the end~
  • Joy Chan
    Joy Chan wrote:
    I think travel with alskling or close friends is great.the traveling road will be funny and comfortable if go with right person...

but I also look forward to travel alone in the future..
  • Francesca
    Francesca wrote:
    Of course travel by myself!travel with group cant choose schedule time and restaurants......the only one profit is the ticket price is cheaper.
  • Marte Joahansen
    It depends on the purpose of travel for me..

If i'm going for official travels..i remain alone.

But, if i'm traveling for fun, I walk alone but

before the traveling becomes a circle,there

would be a lady around...hehe
  • Steve
    Steve wrote:
    maybe you guys wanna try out booking hotel in this web :www.hotelchinabooking.com
  • Yang Que
    Yang Que wrote:
    ALONE!
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    I expect to travel alone,but never.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    The whole travelling will be ruined if it is a group.
    So better is to travel alone,I kinda of enjoy it,actually.
    Otherwise,travel with my those 3 good friends is not a bad thing at all.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Oh yeah,remember something,mentioned my mom before to travel Singapore,she asked me to join the group,before went to LiJiang,mom said again join the group,after that it is the Japan plan,again she said follow the group.Okay,every travelling is refering to GROUP,I think that is the mama type then.
  • Cice Liao
    Cice Liao wrote:
    myself.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.