Discussion » Technology » Windows7 OR Windows-XP, which one is better w.r.

• Jack
    Jack wrote:
    Want to know your views about Windows7, if u are using Windows7 or had experience to use it, because some people say that Windows7 doesn't support some softwares.... Your preference, Windows7 OR Windows-XP?
  • Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:
    @ Thorstan: thanx to comment, but u know, Windows and Mac are different OSs (Operating Systems), can u easily operate Acro bat professional on Windows7?
  • Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:
    i m using Windows 7, it's working good so far
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Like Windows 7 a lot. Far better than XP for the average home user. I'm also using a MacBook Pro with OS X as my laptop and I love that too. Thinking of installing OS x on my desktop too as a hackintosh deal.
  • G
    G wrote:
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    for laptop,XP is the best choice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Simen Wangberg
    I've heard a lot of debate on both sides - seems like the really computer-savvy folks are still sticking to XP, everyone else doesn't seem to notice much of a difference. Personally I'm loving on 7, my computer basically got a new lease on life after I upgraded. Vista can blow everyone in the world SO HARD.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Really though, XP was a good stable foundation and it still runs 99% of the programs out there.... most developers aren't rushing to make software that won't work with XP. What incentive do companies have to switch unless they already have glaring IT issues?
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Jon Gu: the incentive would be to get a more secure plattform and new features.
    But as with all system changes, as a company you have to compare the benefits to the costs and evaluate if there are any softwares used in the organisation that will stop working and so on..
  • Shaowei Lv
    Shaowei Lv wrote:
    Install Micorosoft XP Mode on ur win7, every software will work properly.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Zhaohong, not meaning to be insulting of course, but you are sure you're talking about Windows 7 right? I asked a few people before and they thought that Windows Vista and Windows 7 were the same thing. They're similar, but Windows 7 is actually good whereas Vista kinda sucked unless you had a really fast computer...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I actually kinda liked Vista... it was slower than XP but I had a 4x RAID array of WD Raptor drives so it still felt good. Actually, I feel like XP is the least responsive of the last 3 MS releases, mainly because the user interface doesn't run as smoothly. By that I mean sometimes you get random lockups while the computer is accessing the hard drive or the CPU is occupied with something thats using Windows Explorer. Vista and 7 both handle the user interface threads a lot better so you don't get these perceived "mini-lockups."

Now using OS X + Win 7 on an Intel SSD and it pure rocks. Don't have win7 pro though so I have to use VM Ware for XP mode... mainly have a thermal label printer that doesn't play well with Win 7 or OS X.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I ♥ OS X
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Interesting to see there are no real geeks on this website, otherwise one of them at least would jump right in and tell us all to go Linux!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    OS X is based on BSD/Unix................. hahahaha
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    How abt Win8:>?
  • G
    G wrote:
    Visata sucks...
    XP is not bad...
    If you have a brand new laptop, then 7 is your best choice...

It's so simple to make this decision...Just don't understand why it bothers..
  • IPaws Official
    Depending on what you do with your PC. Personally, I'm using Windows 7 x64, and it's working fine. However, it's not compatible with some of the old software, games.

Also, if you are using pirated software, some of the cracks are not working with x64 systems.

However, I do recommend Win 7. It rocks!
  • Geekz
    Geekz wrote:
    win7是主流 顺应时代的潮流吧 xp ms已经停止更新了
  • Simen Stensvoll
    不要盲目追赶潮流哈
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    I prefer XP to Windows 7

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.