Discussion » Dating & Romance » Seeking a woman who wears little to no makeup.

• Liam (李安)
    Liam (李安) wrote:
    Yes, that's right, I am not a fan of makeup. I don't wear any and wouldn't expect you to, either.

Why? Well, I find that it distracts from a person's true appearance, so I am seeking someone who does without it and looks great.

At this point, I'm sure some of you are thinking "Why would you say that? I look BETTER with makeup!". Well, perhaps some guys prefer an artificial look, but I don't share their enthusiasm. I prefer a pure and natural look and could do without mascara, eyeliner, blush, lipstick, foundation or whatever else is being promoted in the cosmetics world. I don't mind lip gloss, though.

So, if you share my mindset or would simply like to share your thoughts on this subject, let me know.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    u are seeking someone who does without it and looks great.................
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    a baby or something?......................well acturally i can not agree with u more
  • 微笑的Min
    微笑的Min wrote:
    i dont wear make up ,but aprreciate the artificial look,if it looks great ....
  • Magnus Lønn
    Magnus Lønn wrote:
    I don't mind a little make-up if it's used tastefully and hi-lites their best features just to add a little something extra.

But if they use so much that when they peel it all off they look nothing like they did before kind ruins the attraction. I prefer the natural look too.

And what is with those rubber breast pads?? Stuff them in the bra to look bigger. Don't bother just be yourself.

When I was dating I always hated bringing a girl home only to see her pull out her fake breasts, take off her hair, her nails, her eyelashes, and her body suit. It's just disappointing. And she is still very attractive without that stuff. I don't get it.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    LOL @ Amber
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I personally like makeup. I don't mind heavy makeup either. Breast pads are annoying though...

I think makeup is similar to clothing. You do whatever you can to accentuate the parts of your body that you like. A revealing and low cut skirt/dress in my opinion actually makes a girls legs look sexier than a completely bare naked leg. Push-up bras accent the cleavage more, and makeup brings out eyes, hides pimples (clothing hides pimples too technically hahaha) and whatever else.

I have no issues with women trying to make themselves more beautiful. If she uses too much makeup and is ugly without it, that's fine too, just try not to see her when she isn't wearing makeup.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I dont make up but I like make up,I dont second the heavy make up but some of the smoked eyes make up do make girls look good in some ways.
    I can go out without make up,but I have to dress up well before I lock the door.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    depends, but i always keep a distance with who take makeup, coz i appriciate the nature ,the best feelings , take breath ,air , trees etc, may people just don't have confidance to show thier ture face given by god or just it's a point in mind to be attactive for a man whatever...
    i prefre the girl very nature,being what you are ... otherwise i feel uncomfortable
    i never go out with makeup, but strange thing happens , those makeup girls always come to me ...then they make me change my Prejudice that they give me at the first sight, they could be very kindly and nice , but hard for me to accept a makeup or heels in daily life , i don't like the uniforme apparence in a party neither,i can't even figure out which girl is which , they all the same for me , sexy and ... whatever .but no impression , but i like good make up for fashion usage or film or decoration stuff, fake for fake turn to true
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... some girls (independent of race, origin and DNA etc) do have the "naturally beautiful face" (skin tone, eyes, nose, lips as well as bone struture) and can afford to not use any makeup (one of my best friends is a SiChuan girl, a bit plump, but absolutely gorgeous face), however, the majority is that they do need at least some ...

In my opinion, eye shadow and mascara are the minimum, especially those with eye-bags and/or small eyes, after all, eyes are supposed to be the window(s) to your soul ... also some touch-up around the cheek bone and the two sides of the nose would help to accentuate the cheekbone ...

Another point ... to a certain degree, I consider wearing makeup as a form of respect, because one would want to show the best of oneself (well, the other argument is that one is brave enough to show her natural face in public, but there is a hidden assumption that she would at least look OK without makeup) ... whether it be a casual (or serious) date or job interview or just girls' night out ...

Dont mind me, just my caffeine outbreak :)
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I don't like make-up either, but what I really hate are those fake eye lashes. They just look awful!
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    some women have the same psycho-relation with the makeup that some bald men with their hats, without them, they feel less and lost confidence in themselfs
    one friend, in three months, didn´t see the real face of her girlfriend, always make up...
    creepy O_o

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.