Discussion » Nonsense » what makes you a chinese buinessman cheats laowais

• JimmyBond
    JimmyBond wrote:
    What makes you a chinese buiness man that overcharges every laowai he sees?

1. You think the US government and the American voters won't pay back 2 trillion+ in US T bills (which is very likely going to happen, btw).

In order to balance the world economy, you got to do ur part by over-charging that American laowai. That's going to help the world peace and economy for future generations of human race.

Truth is that you just want to make money and keep looking for excuses.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Because they can...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... but why only the Americans?

I am cheap, so I can only afford the clothes from Xiu Shui (Silk Street), and from what I have noticed, they would also rip off people from Europe, Africa, SE Asia, etc, hell, they tried to rip off my mother on Sunday, just because her Mandarin accent is not local ... hahaha ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I think the reverse happened in a bigger picture ... e.g. asking Chinese to buy property overseas, asking that Chinese companies to buy Hummer ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... that sounds like a very sound biz opportunity ...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    2. ???
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    becos laowai 2!hahaha~
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    what makes you a american buinessman cheats non-americans
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Thanks to Thorstan for this inspiration..........

• Daniel Westerberg
    Can anyone tell me the name of one country where they don't rip of tourists?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Tourists are a different thing
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Saibo, how do the street seller in Beijing know that you are a tourist or not?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Daniel
    The Vatican? While tourists are safe from getting ripped off, little boys, on the other hand, should probably keep their eyes peeled.
  • Albulena Imeri
    Everyone: I would love to hear more details on ur being-overcharged experience. And thnx.
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Pete
    lol
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Haha I admit I do need to stay on my toes in order not to get ripped off, however I always get ripped off more in the United States. For example: Contracts with cell phone companies, gym memberships that are non-transferable, software that you cannot share with friends (you bought it right? Oh yeah, but you still don't own it), they tell us how we can use their products( i Phone, software, computers, etc...), students loans and interest that fluctuates depending on what some old asshole predicts will happen in the market. The list is very very long.......

At least in China you are getting ripped off by someone who probably needs the cash more than the giant corporate entities sucking the life out of the world for everything it's worth. I would rather give one yuan to many to the vendor at the corner rather than a super rich blood sucking colonialist vampire who wants nothing more, but to move from country to country were the laws allow them to exploit the masses and retain higher profits.

I look at one of the above as greed and one as survival. Do you really miss that few yuan that much? Think about how bad you get fucked in the west particularly in the United States.
  • wrote:
    Kodi,

". Do you really miss that few yuan that much? Think about how bad you get fucked in the west particularly in the United States."

haha, most Laowai are rich and they do not care about that few yuan very much, I remembered on photo from David Findley: http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/Gallery/gallery_photo.rails?Uid=100171255&Oid=199629, haha

I saw news reporting those middle-class in U.S. complained those large banks did not gave them help during the recession.
  • wrote:
    Astaroth,

Up to now, no more than one, hehe
    But David Findley is rich, you can see that photo.
  • wrote:
    haha

I have the same question for Peter (卫。。), I ask whether he is gay.
    I am not gay, haha
    I have no interests in your ass and I do not like to touch man.
  • wrote:
    woo, I did not talk about David's appearance, I let you look at his money, hehe
    But you judge a woman by her weight, do not forget about the girl with more than 20 pounds than average, haha
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    I thought I was the only one that find it odd. Just today my teacher referred to one of the students as "being really beautiful but a bad student". Where I come from that would be interpreted as gay. Teacher's male btw.....could be a topic for a new thread, Astaroth?
  • THIS IS A BIG IMAGE
    I think you're forgetting the most important rip off of all. State endorsed split billing in medical care (e.g. 4x your dental bill if you're a foreigner), and dual ticket prices on some airlines (I'm not mentioning names).

Welcome to China for the World Expo 2010.
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Astaroth
    haha don't talk about taxes with a Swede.. we pay about 30% income tax, 25% sales tax and on top of that, as a company you pay about 28% employmeent fees to the gov.. yaaay..

Ryan
    Why would the Chinese pay for your dental care? if the gov pays part of the dental care for chinese, thats their tax money at work.. did you pay tax in China?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.